How "kid-friendly" is the food at Ohana?

travelbug

DIS Veteran
I just went on Deb's site to look at the menu for Ohana. The selection looks kind of limited. While everything sounds really good to me, I'm curious how kids react to the type of food that is listed. Is there enough variety to satisy a family with varied tastes?

I've heard that the atmosphere is entertaining and fun for kids, but now I'm just wondering about the food. Any Ohana veterans out there?

Thanks in advance for any input! :D

Hi.. most kids like the steak & turkey but if you are having a difficult time or you have picky eaters you can order hot dogs, grilled cheese, chicken fingers & fries etc... they have them as well - just not advertised or promoted as choices.

Have fun

>>^..^<<

We were there about 3 weeks ago and they brought my 3 yr. old daughter 2 nice size pieces of chicken fingers and fries and a kid drink and they charged us the usual 5.50 or so for her. She was happy and that made our dinner much nicer as well. ;)

Ohana is very kid friendly. My daughter ordered chicken fingers and loved them. She was also invited to play in a few games. It is alot of fun!!

DizzyLaura

Our children enjoyed Ohana. They do eat meat so they did enjoy the steak and turkey. They REALLY loved the chicken wings that are served on the appetizer platter and as with all the food, they replenish everything as often as you'd like. As others have mentioned they don't show it on the menu but they can bring out basically any kids meal they serve at Kona Cafe, so check out their kids menu. We had a very nice dinner at Ohana. Very laid back, and it made us feel like we were really on vacation, not just at any old restaurant. Enjoy!

My kids-- DD nine today; DS six and DS three+ are fairly picky eaters and are not big on meat that hasn't come from a clown with bright red hair, LOVE the food at 'Ohana. All the choices are very tasty- yet not overly spicy. We've always found it to be tender enough that the kids don't have to really work to chew it---do you know what I mean?

The atmosphere-- strolling musician, games, gummi worms-- is really fun for little ones, as well.

We even got all three kids to try the pineapple last year-- even though the then 2 year old just wanted caramel dip after his "no thank you" bite.

I think you'd really enjoy it, but you'd also have chicken fingers as a back up as posted above.

My kids liked the bread and the chicken wings...then they wouldn't touch the meat....so, out came the hot dogs and fries and they were happy. My little one, 20 months at the time, devoured at least 10 pieces of the pineapple.

I don't have kids yet, but everytime we go to Ohana we see lots of kids and they all appear to be having fun. The food selection that they bring around is good and they frequently play games with the kids (hula-hoops, dancing ...). Watching the kids have fun is almost like having a free dinner show. :)

This is all just what I wanted to know! You have all been very helpful. Thanks so much for your replies.

My 11 yo is also a very PICKY eater: Hot dogs, Hamburgers, PIZZA. I'm so glad to hear they will bring him a hot dog and fries because my family really wanted to eat at Ohana's

My two kids, DD8 and DS6 are also picky, but we didn't let them off the hook. We had them eat salad, fried rice, and steak and turkey. At first they complained, but were then asking for seconds, esp. of rice. I think they just SEE something different and automatically think NO, but when they know they have to eat it (esp. if they want special sweet treats afterward), then they give in, and even ENJOY it...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter