How it Went Using Our Fits Passes Last Week

WaltD4Me

<font color=royalblue>PS...I tried asking for wate
A couple people have asked how it went exchanging our FITS pass vouchers at Disney last week and I wanted to let you all know we had no problem.

We exchanged them at the MGM gate. There were 10 of us, so we were at three seperate windows. Each CM had to ask someone how to do the exchange in the computer, but no one gave us a hard time. The CM who did mine though did comment that it was unusual for an American to have a FITS pass, but that was it. We were all set with our tickets in about 15 minutes.
Finger scans were never a problem either.

No problems with the breakfast vouchers either. We used 4 at a Pooh Breakfast at the Crystal Palace and 6 at Chef Mickey's. Neither waitress had ever seen them before, but they worked fine. One interesting note though, it does not say anywhere on the voucher whether it is a child or adult voucher and all of ours were taken off our adult meals. I didn't think of it at the time, but after we left Chef Mickey's I realized that the four we used at Pooh went towards adult meals and the six we used at Chef Mickey's were also applied to the adult meals. I kinda of assumed when they went through the computer or whatever it would show as a child or adult voucher, but apparently not. I didn't pay at Chef Mickey's so I didn't notice this until I looked at the receipt on the monorail. Sort of weird they aren't marked, no?

Everyone loved the FITS passes and I told them to enjoy because I seriously doubt Disney is going to continue to let us Americans use them after April 2005.

Lisa :earboy2:

We will be using these passes for the second time in Feb. Glad to hear you didn't have any problems!

Thanks for the welcome news, WaltD4Me. One question, did you fill out the voucher ahead of time or did you do it in the presence of the CM who activated it? If it can be done in advance I'd just as well get it done.

Bill From PA

Hey Bill! -- Did you get your FITS passes? I was thinking about you, wondering if you got them ordered okay since I see Discount Orlando isn't showing them on their site again?

We did not fill out the vouchers before exchanging them. The CM just asked our name and date of birth and that was it. I actually didn't even notice something needed to be filled out! LOL! It didn't take long at all really.

For the breakfast vouchers we signed those at the table before putting them with the bill.

Lisa :earboy2:

Same results for us - 3 FITS passes done in about 5 minutes at MGM. The CM (can't remember his name) was quick and knowledgable and never even commented about our residence.

Hey, Lisa, your encouraging PM a few weeks back proved to be true. I contacted by e-mail the company that had them listed but pulled them from their site and they sold me what I needed 'off-line', in fact, I was asked not to post where I got them which explains the absence of a name here (wink,wink). I was pretty sure the 2 or 3 isolated tales of an activation hassle were probably one self-important CM enforcing Disney's intentions without a legal leg to stand on and your post eased my mind.

pvl000, thanks for seconding the report. I expect to be at the International Gateway sometime before 2 on New Year's Day so I'll let you know how it goes (went?). Immediately after we'll hit the Rose & Crown to get a replacement for the lame picture I've been using.

Bill From PA

I heard about the Fun in the Sun passes awhile ago and I thought they were too good to be true, lol! I was able to find them for around $300 which was a GREAT price considering we are planning on spending more than that on Disney APs to use for our month-long trip in July. I forgot where I saw this price, though, I'll have to look around some more. Why do you think they won't let Americans use the passes anymore after April of 2005??

Melissa,

I don't think it's a matter of Disney prohibiting Americans from using them after 4/2005, there are two issues involved. All FITS passes have an expiration date.The latest batch, including mine, has to be used by the end of April or they expire worthless. This has always been the case. Disney might issue a new batch with a later 'drop dead' date sometime in the future.

As for the 'No Americans' policy, this has been a matter of marketing, not of law. Disney and it's associates have only marketed this pass overseas, probably to lure foreigners to come here and stay longer. With no advertising in the USA, Americans rarely knew these existed. All that's history with the internet. Sell something anywhere, and it's available everywhere. I don't know if Disney could legally sell a ticket to one group and not another. Apparently they can rent a room to Floridians for $75 and residents of all other states for $109, but to deny sale based on residence, I don't think so.

So.... if these are sold anywhere in the future and they suit my needs, I'll buy them again, even if I have to deal with a European vendor.

Bill From PA

Thanks so much Bill! Now that you mentioned it, I remember the passes having an expiration date and that was why we didn't order them yet. We were planning on getting our APs in January or Fabruary, so hopefully I'll be able to find out if they're selling new ones for the summer. I understand about them not being able to turn away Americans with the pass. It IS a valid Disney pass so there's no way we could have them denied and then be stuck without tickets and $1200 in debt :earseek: That's what I was worried about, but knowing that the passes are valid is great. I'll have to do some research and see if they'll be sold again. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter