How is weather in January?

spunkster

Earning My Ears
What kind of weather do you get in January for the 4 night Bahama cruise? Is it warm enough to go in the water?

We went Jan. 4 '05 and the weather was beautiful all 4 days. Sunny and about 80-85. The water is definitely a little cooler, but if the weather is warm and sunny it feels great. The kids didn't mind at all. We were also in the Bahamas last year at the end of Jan. and it was about the same except Castaway Cay was very windy in the morning. By the afternoon the wind died down and it was great.

we have been three times in january and all 3 times it was around 80 and quite breezy. Lots of people were in the water, but i thought it was too cool. But i am a chicken for getting in anything that is the least bit cool. Others loved it.
mom x4,grandma x4

Hi loved it too , maybe a bit chilly in the water at castaway cay but other than that just loved it .Once you've navigate a few hours it gets warmer I remember that in florida it was quite chilly but after a few hours on board it was warmer , sunny , enjoyable , heaven on earth ( shall I say on sea ) lol...lol.
Would do it in a heartbeat :thumbsup2

The weather was nice this past jan. but we weren't able to dock at CC-due to very high waves and winds. Alot of people/crew were sick-I never get seasick and even I had trouble keeping my dinner down;if you can pick a different time of year-I know I will. The weather in Oct/Nov is much better IMHO. hope this helps,Angel

We went in Jan. 05 and it was cold and windy. I heard it was in the 80's for the rest of the month, but while we were in WDW and on the cruise, the weather was awful. I think it is pretty much a crap shoot. We booked for May the next year and will be going next April. I won't chance it again.
That said, we has a great trip despite!

Jackie :sunny:

DW and I also sailed in Jan 05, and while some complained that it the weather wasn't nice enough, we found it to be great compared to the 20 degree temps we were having at home. I managed time in the sun everyday. But it was a little windy and cloudy some days.

We've sailed twice in February and had spectacular weather.

I cruised in Jan and did not care for it. It was to cold for us. The weather in the Bahamas was only about 50 degrees so it was way to cold for us to want to swim. I heard that it was a freak cold week but to pay that kind of money to freeze wasn't for me. I just remember sitting on the beach with sweatshirts on and towels wrapped around us to keep warm!

Both of our cruises have been in January. The first was the 3 night and the second was the 4 night. It seemed as though the temperature may have been just a wee bit warmer on our first cruise, as was the water temp as well. It was still warm enough to wear shorts on the second, but the water was definitely a lot cooler. Even on the ships, if you weren't in the direct sunlight while in the pools, it was chilly there as well. At CC, we did the Stingray excursion, and the water was definitely cool there. In fact, after we finished our excursion, we didn't get back in the water at all. But I do love cruising in January, and if we ever go again, it will most likely again be in January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter