How is WDW in May?

lzkirchner

Earning My Ears
Just planned a sort of last minute trip for May 14-19. We've only been in mid November, which was perfect. What can we expect in May as far as crowds and heat? TIA!

We've been twice in May and the first time it was high 80's-90...very hot. The second time it was a lot more comfortable but still warm. The crowds were not that bad. We will be there again this May at the same time as you and hoping for warm but comfortable. There is nothing worst then being hot/sweaty especially with little ones.

We will be there the same time as you this year and also have been a few times in the past in May. A couple times it was very hot and sticky, one time it was hot but not very humid. Don't remember the crowds being unbearable.

We've been in May and it was great. Its really sunny and hot but not humid. I confess to being sun lover so obviously heat is relative but Im from the UK, so unused to hot weather - I found it spot on.

The crowds are relatively good. We've been in July/Christmas when the crowd level is 10/10 and I think May was more like 5/10.
The only problem we saw with May was a LOT of school trips. Lots and lots of big groups of teenagers and they tend to push in a lot "my friend is just up there" and then 20 of them would wade through!!

Apart from that, a great time of year to go :goodvibes

We were there last year around that time. It was very hot lower 90s everyday. It didn't rain (not one single day). Crowds weren't too bad. All in all it was a good time to go. This year we are going one week earlier.

We also will be there the same time as all you guys. May 16-21. Have been the last few years. Warm and Sunny. Okay, maybe hot, but I am ready for some heat.:cool1:

After traveling to Disney only during the last two weeks of July in the past, our most recent visit last May was such a contrast. The crowds are lighter, the heat is more bearable and there's a smaller chance of rain. I think I've read somewhere that May has the lowest average precipitation of all months especially early May.

My two favorite times of the year to go to WDW is May and September. We have been a few times in May and love it. Weather is hot...but after a long cold winter we are ready for it. Humidity is not too bad and crowds are low. Our first trip ever to WDW was middle of may and it was the most perfect trip. We now go in September because of the free dining and the Halloween Party. My son, his girlfriend and I are planning a May trip this year and can't wait.

We were there last May (first week) and the weather was very comfortable. It was hot (upper 80s), but not very humid. Crowds were low. For most rides, we waited fewer than 10 minutes. Other attractions, like waiting to meet characters, we waited up to 20 minutes. IMO, May is a great time of year to visit.

When I went in May 2 years ago, it was hot but I only remember one or two instances of being ridiculously sweaty hot :thumbsup2

The crowd levels were good too - not quite September low, but low enough that we could take our time a LOT more than we can nearer Easter/Spring Break - I don't remember seeing any rides with lines of more than 20-30 minutes at any time of day.

Most of the time I go in May. The weather is warm, but the crowds are much lower. It's also more dry. I think it is one of the best months to go. This year we are going from May 12th through the 19th. I would have liked to have scheduled it for May 5th through the 12th, as the crowds would be just a smidge smaller.

You will love MAY!!

Most of the time I go in May. The weather is warm, but the crowds are much lower. It's also more dry. I think it is one of the best months to go. This year we are going from May 12th through the 19th. I would have liked to have scheduled it for May 5th through the 12th, as the crowds would be just a smidge smaller.

You will love MAY!!

I went around the second week of May last year and it wasn't too unbearable. It was actually rather nice. There were cool breezes from time to time and it did not rain at all. Also the humidity level was rather low and I live in the desert, so I would have noticed a high level. All in all it was really a perfect time to go. I am actually going again around mid May of this year.

It's lovebug season here in beautiful florida in May, but last year they didn't seem to be as bad. Weather is beautiful, but I guess it could be considered hot, definitely can reach 90s some days. Crowds aren't a big issue, enjoy!:goodvibes

I'm glad to know May is good time to go. My husband and I decided to take our girls, for their first trip to Disney, the last week of May.

I'm so excited and can't wait to go!! :cheer2:

Oh lovebugs, they're just disgusting! Little black bugs that are mating so they're flying around "connected" to each other ew! :eek: I live in Tampa and for some reason they always seem worse at the World, but it's really hit or miss. Last year they were more noticeable, the year before I don't really remember it being an issue. We were at MK two weeks ago and there were a TON of them in the Fantasyland, so hopefully they came and went early! They're more annoying than anything, they definitely won't ruin your trip. :goodvibes

:) Hi Jessica, I live in Mississippi too on the Gulf Coast. Welcome to the DIS!!
We will be at WDW 5/4-5/11 this year. Have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter