• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How is USO limiting attendance?

Candycane83

DIS Veteran
Sorry for the stupid question but I must have missed this... how is USO limiting attendance? We have APs and plan to stay onsite at Christmastime (Dec 17-22). Im sure it’ll be busy at this time so I was just wondering how the parks are limiting their attendance? Is the general plan to go early to be able to enter the parks?
Thanks in advance.

If you staying on site currently you are guaranteed entrance to the parks.

But who knows what will be happening in December with the current rise in virus and expected to rise more once get in to normal Fall/Winter virus season. I expect things will be different by then either way things go..but imagine on site stay will still get you in if they are open.

But who knows what will be happening in December with the current rise in virus and expected to rise more once get in to normal Fall/Winter virus season. I expect things will be different by then either way things go..but imagine on site stay will still get you in if they are open.
Thanks so much for this! I didn’t really think about it until I made park passes for Disney.

oh just to add, yes, I do understand things will change further still and it’s a take it a day at a time now :) I’ll make plans I can cancel without telling my son! 😅 it’s hard to make plans but hard not to make them either...

They are no longer guaranting entrance to on-site guests, its first come first serve. but they also have not been hitting capacity so far.

Do you have an official source for this? I thought all onsite guests were guaranteed to get in as they have been saying that from the beginning.

All onsite guests receive priority entering the parks. No where does it say guaranteed admittance. It's on their website clear as day.

11. Will hotel guests be turned away if the theme parks reach capacity?

Hotel guests will be given priority entrance to theme parks during our phased reopening. We encourage our hotel guests to take advantage of their Early Park Admission benefit to access the parks prior to our daily opening to the general public, and we will accommodate hotel guests on a priority basis in the parks throughout the day.

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/plan-your-visit/safety-faqs/hotels-resorts

11. Will hotel guests be turned away if the theme parks reach capacity?

Hotel guests will be given priority entrance to theme parks during our phased reopening. We encourage our hotel guests to take advantage of their Early Park Admission benefit to access the parks prior to our daily opening to the general public, and we will accommodate hotel guests on a priority basis in the parks throughout the day.

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/plan-your-visit/safety-faqs/hotels-resorts
Yep Yep, don't see no guaranteed entry in that paragraph.

@SnapesGirl It's on their website, I think the confusion is because they did initially say they were including their hotel guests in their park attendance counts and that therefore hotel guests were guaranteed entry. Then about 2 weeks (or thereabouts) after re-opening they changed that wording to the above statement on their website about priority entry. There was an email or something right around that time where they admitted they were no longer going to guarantee entry for hotel guests. It's a bummer for sure!

I thought they had hit capacity a couple of times. Like a few hours here and there during peak hours?

I could be wrong but I THINK that they have only hit capacity at volcano bay on weekends and at IOA just once or twice for a couple of hours but then reopened. I haven't heard of them hitting capacity much, all reports I've read has been people saying how empty it is. Course this can all change as the year progresses, who knows what's going to happen later this year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter