How is transportation from Swan / Dolphin?

fitzperry

DIS Veteran
We are leaning toward the CR Garden Wing for our early December trip, but I've also been considering the "Swolphin" as a slightly more budget-friendly option. I know you can walk / boat from there to Epcot and HS and that we would sacrifice ME, but how is the transportation to the other parks? Are there buses to MK and AK? Are they Disney buses that operate the same way as the ones that service the Disney resorts or would the MK bus drop you at the TTC instead of the MK gates?

No doubt I could find this info if I looked harder, but you guys are so knowledgeable it's easier this way (in other words, please don't tell me google is my friend).

The buses that service S/D also go to the BW. There are times of day/year that the bus will also stop at the YC and then BC...but not all the time. I routinely stay at BW, with some stays at the Dolphin, and I average about 50/50 stopping at YC/BC.
The ability to walk to both DHS and Epcot makes taking that chance okay.
I've stayed at the CR/BLT before..actually own at BLT. The transportation is fine...not perfect. You will take the monorail to the TTC and transfer to the Epcot line when going to Epcot. As for DHS and AK? You can take a bus from CR, or you can take the monorail to the TTC and get a bus there that will go directly to that park. If you take the bus from the CR, you will make another stop.
But, you can walk to the MK..which is a huge plus.

Thanks for the info. That helps a lot.

We've always spent the bulk of our time at MK, but I always say I want to do more Epcot, and I thought staying at Swan or Dolphin might lead us in that direction. On our last trip we stayed at Poly and LOVED being on the monorail, but it's hard to justify the cost of the monorail resorts. I am glad the Swolphin buses are Disney buses so we wouldn't have to deal with the TTC to get to MK. We usually just do one day at AK so it's not a big deal.

Thanks for the info. That helps a lot.

We've always spent the bulk of our time at MK, but I always say I want to do more Epcot, and I thought staying at Swan or Dolphin might lead us in that direction. On our last trip we stayed at Poly and LOVED being on the monorail, but it's hard to justify the cost of the monorail resorts. I am glad the Swolphin buses are Disney buses so we wouldn't have to deal with the TTC to get to MK. We usually just do one day at AK so it's not a big deal.

We've never found the buses to be much of a problem from the Epcot area resorts. You really only have to deal with the MK bus, since all resorts have to take a bus to AK. And since AK is located closer to the Epcot area than to the MK area, the bus ride is shorter. Swan/Dolphin gets the benefit of always being the first stop on the boat from HS and the last stop for the boat into HS. And the walk is really short, too.

staying at the Swan or Dolphin. You can get rooms for half price and have all the perks of staying at the BW or Y/B. I love being able to walk to HS and EPCOT, and buses to AK and MK are like they are at any other resort. My family and I usually just get off the stop at the first hotel of Y/B, BW, S/D no matter which of those resorts we're staying at. It gets us off the buses quicker and we get the opportunity to walk around the most beautiful area WDW has (in my opinion). Aside from the DME not running to and from the S/D, the rooms are beautiful, views are amazing, and price is unbeatable. I was looking at S/D rooms for my in-laws, and found that depending on when you go, they are slightly more expensive than the Value resorts!

But yes, the transportation is the same as you'll find at any of the other EPCOT area resorts, and it's far more cost-efficient.

Our family loves both resorts. Our first stay was in 2004 when DS was 12 and DD was 9 and we've had many since then. When planning our upcoming trip it was still their first choice. Rooms are spacious and lovely, the pools are great and being in the Boardwalk area is wonderful.

Can't go wrong with the Swan or Dolphin. You use the same transportation that the other resorts use and you only need a bus for MK and AK. Walking to Epcot and Hollywood Studios (or taking the boat) is a huge plus to staying in the Epcot area. Also, as mentioned, you could even get off at one of the other hotels and walk over to your resort if you wanted to get off the bus for any reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter