How is The Wave resturant?

Mike77

Earning My Ears
Looking for a decent TS ADR on DDP. Not to pleased with MK TS options, so a quick ride on the Mono to Contempo. Already doing O'Hana next night.

Your thoughts please.

Thank you.

I have not personally eaten there, but I have read good reviews about it. I believe the only complaint that I have read is that the service can be a bit slow, and the portions are on the small side.

I have eaten at the Wave for 3 times and every time it gets better. It's a must try especially the Today's Sustainable Fish - with edamame stew served with cilantro chutney. :cool1:

We loved it when we ate there. In fact, it was my DD's favorite meal on the trip.

I've eaten both lunch and dinner there and both were very good meals. Both times we just walked in and were seated within ten minutes.

OK im sold.

thank you all.
We are getting so excited, the kids are counting down the days.

We loved it...it was one of our best and favorite lunches all week! The food was delicious (we found the portion size fine), the service was very attentive and it was a nice little escape from the MK.

Fantastic! We have been there for dinner twice and the food was excellent

We went for late lunch around 2:30, place was ready to close until dinner service. So not crowded. But service was not rushed. It was excellent and fun. We had a beer flight and a couple different entrees. One of our best meals. Then off to MK for more fun. Great convenience to MK! :)

Have to mention that on another MK day we went to Grand Floridian Cafe for late lunch. That meal was also outstanding, and equally close to MK.

The Wave was one of our best (and unexpected/unplanned) meals of our last trip!

As I recall, we had an early reservation for Ohana, but both DH and I weren't hungry, and wanted to get something later. I cancelled Ohana (crazy, I know :lmao:) and got a last minute later ADR at The Wave. It was a FANTASTIC meal...and quiet too! We never regretted changing our ressie to the Wave from the much hyped Ohana.

We went for late lunch around 2:30, place was ready to close until dinner service. So not crowded. But service was not rushed. It was excellent and fun. We had a beer flight and a couple different entrees. One of our best meals. Then off to MK for more fun. Great convenience to MK! :)

Have to mention that on another MK day we went to Grand Floridian Cafe for late lunch. That meal was also outstanding, and equally close to MK.

Have to agree...love the GFC! Although we have not eaten lunch there, I have also heard great reviews for Kona's lunch at the Poly.

Our Ratings of Wave Dinner: (rev 3/21/2011)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: B-
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff helpfulness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: The Wave is one of those dependable WDW
eateries. Dependably average. Never anything to jump
and scream about. The entrées are fairly price, but,
as many other WDW eateries, it is overrated for
quality, and thus overpriced for value. Service is spotty.

The Dinner we had at The Wave last month was the best meal of our trip!:thumbsup2
We both had the Beef Tenderloin and oh my god it was so good. I replaced the potato and onion gratin with the sweet mashed potatoes. Delicoius!

069.jpg

Looks like I am in the minority.

We went in Jan based on great reviews here. Got the scallop appetizer. Lackluster. I got the linguine with clams. The clams were good, my pasta was WAY undercooked, and both DH and I commented at the same time that it tasted like the sauce they use on spaghettio's. DH had a steak he thought was decent, but the onion potato thing that came with it was HEAVILY onioned. The desserts were ok, too...but after such a crappy meal...it wasn't enough to redeem anything.

We LOVE LOVE LOVE GFC, though. We will head back that way next trip..

We've dined there a few times and we've enjoyed the beef tenderloin. It's one of the few places that can make my steak medium as I like it. The desserts we have tried there was just okay....nothing great.

The Wave is our absolute must do on every trip. Service was a little slow on one trip, but the food was so good, we didn't really mind it. The last time we were there was January 2010 and we had amazing service! I already have it scheduled for one night for our July trip and keep debating about scheduling another meal there. It truly is our favorite restaurant at WDW!

I found the food to be average (dined there twice) and the service to be slow. It might be a while before I go back.

Love it. We try and make it our 1st meal of every trip. The sustainable fish and autumn stew are favs- my husband loves the chili and reuben,too. I would also consider it a hidden gem.

quiet, calm, relaxing. This is the first WDW restaurant at which I searched out the manager to praise our server. Except for the shorts and tee shirts, The Wave doesn't feel like a theme park restaurant. We love it AND you can get the full menu at the bar if you can't get, or don't want, a table.

Of course, DD and I hated Ohana so I guess you have to take our opinions with a grain of (WDW) salt!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter