How is the Rose and Crown?

disneypolybride2008

DIS Veteran
Never been to the Rose and Crown but thought that their dinner menu looked good. How did you like it? Also, is 7:45pm a good time to hopefully get a outside seat for 9pm Illuminations? :)

Subscribing because I was just wondering the same thing.....was just looking at their menu, thinking it sounded yummy, and reading about seeing Illuminations from the patio.

I'll add one more question: Do you think it would be too cold to eat outside in January?

We ate there last week for the first time. Our ADR was for 8:00. Our waiter was Rian, and he was one of the best we've had at WDW. We were seated about 8:20. We had appetizers and then he took us out to the viewing area. Our entrees were ready when we came in after Illuminations. It was great!!

so it sounds like even if you dont get an outdoor seat you can still go outside for fireworks? that's good news!

i've been there in january and it gets a little chilly in the evening and we wore our winter coats for the late late hours and sure glad we had them!

so it sounds like even if you dont get an outdoor seat you can still go outside for fireworks? that's good news!

i've been there in january and it gets a little chilly in the evening and we wore our winter coats for the late late hours and sure glad we had them!

Yes! In fact, I'd say we had a better spot than many people sitting at tables further back. Rian even brought us a refill of our drinks in paper cups so that we could enjoy them during the show. He walked up to us with my DD's tea made exactly as she had made it (selected the right tea bag, cream, 1 splenda). I was completely impressed by that.

I really liked Rose & Crown the first time my sister and I went. The second time I wasn't as impressed, but it was still good. We only ordered a meal, no apps, drinks (outside of water), or dessert, but we were only there for about 45 minutes. IMO, FWIW, 7:45 PM might be a little early for IllumiNations if it's at 9 PM. Good luck!

We ate at R&C in March. We got to eat outside on the lagoon (5:30pm ADR). It was really nice. Our server (forgot her name) was very good and very informative. My DH and I had the fish and chips and thought they were o.k., kind of like any other fish and chips that you can get at other restaurants. However the sticky toffee dessert was excellent. Since we ate there on St. Patrick's Day, my DH loved how his beer was served with a green tint to it. We would probably return here, but there are other countries that we want to try out first.

We enjoyed our meal there....however, I ordered a steak (medium) and it came back raw in the middle and black on the outside. I didn't mind the middle as much as the outside was ruined. The server offered to cook it more. Well, I didn't see as that would help...so I just ate it.

My husband had the fish & chips and it was really good. However, we are from Indiana. The fish & chips tasted great to us. If I was from New England and had fish & chips all the time, I might not have been so impressed. Also the apple crumble was delicious.

We are going back there again for the fish & chips & apple crumble. Can't wait!

We ate inside and it wasn't Illuminations time so I can't advise about that.

It's one of few places my kids wanted to return to. Three years ago, on our arrival day (2 weeks before Christmas) we went to Epcot. It was dark and it was rainy. Majorly raining.

We were absolutely drenched and asked if they had a table for walk-ups (I'd told the kids not to hold their breath). Not a problem -- seated us right away, and right by a fire (or some kind of heating thing -- I'm fuzzy on that). We had 2-3 waiters lavishing us with attention -- they took pictures for us as well.

My kids remember the dishes they had. All I could remember was the great CMs and my beer.

We love Rose and Crown its always a first stop for us. The iced tea is delicious and I always get the shep pie.

Rose & Crown is one of my favorites. I love their fish N chips. They are hard to come by in Virginia - unless you like the kind that come shaped in triangular form (frozen!). You'll find that most people seated between 7:30 and 8pm plan to stay for Illuminations. I have a 7:45 booked later this month with that intention. Fingers crossed for an outdoor table! :)

We're trying the Rose & Crown this December for the first time. I booked the ADR for 8pm, hoping for an outside table to see Illuminations. Thanks for the tip about it being cool out. I'll have to remember to bring our vests that night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter