How is the M&G with Rapunzel now?

Bumping! I was just about to start a thread on that myself! DD and I are leaving in 79 days and Rapunzel is high on our list!

There have been several threads regarding this.

To sum them up...

The lines are still long. They cut out the coloring and now just hand out the sheet and crayons at the end. She comes out and dances with the kids for a minute and then does the normal meet and greet. Everyone is encouraged to contact Disney to encourage them to bring back Flynn.

To sum them up...

The lines are still long. They cut out the coloring and now just hand out the sheet and crayons at the end. She comes out and dances with the kids for a minute and then does the normal meet and greet. Everyone is encouraged to contact Disney to encourage them to bring back Flynn.

Thanks! LOVE Disboards but I've have very little luck with the search feature...

We were there last week, just after the change. We were second in line for the 9:15 meet. While we were waiting for Rapunzel, there were crayons and coloring sheets out for the kids. Then the cast members led the kids in a dance and asked them some questions about the movie. At 9:15, Rapunzel came out. I'm not sure how bad the waits were later in the day, but I didn't want to take any chances.

I just looked at my photopass pics and they are still giving bonus shots of Flynn, but it's definitely not the same as meeting him in person. :sad2:

To sum them up...

Do you have the specific contact information? We got to see Flynn at one of his last appearances and were so sad that we didn't go back to get just Rapunzel.

I emailed Disney about Flynn no longer appearing. The response was that he would be appearing at the MNSSHP and that they would send my daughter an autographed picture. They said it was done to focus more attention on rapunzel.

I emailed Disney about Flynn no longer appearing. The response was that he would be appearing at the MNSSHP and that they would send my daughter an autographed picture. They said it was done to focus more attention on rapunzel.

LOL! What a line! And why would that matter? I doubt she cried herself to sleep at night because people liked Flynn more! Unless it has something to do with there being more Rapunzel merchandise than Flynn merchandise..... :rolleyes1

Hopefully we'll be able to pull this off, we are going for 10 days next month, and have 3, count 'em 3 pre park opening ADRs (basically so we can meet Rapunzel with little to no wait)

Thanks for asking because I was wondering, too. One more question, where is she located? My grandson loves that movie and is all about meeting Rapunzel next month, so I guess we'll be there at 9:00.

We were there this past Saturday. My sister and I hopped off the teacups around, I dunno, 9:20ish? Maybe 9:30? I moesyed over past Enchanted Grove just to see what the line would be like...

Rapunzel was already out, there were maybe 25 people queued up in the area, and that was it! I figured the rest of the line was wrapping around towards the castle, where I couldn't see, and that this was just the first group. I asked the CM, "Am I insane, or is this seriously the entire line to meet Rapunzel?" She looked at me like yes, I was a little insane, and that this was all the line at the moment. :rotfl2:

Long story short, my sister and I waited maybe 15-20 minutes. It was nuts. When I met her, I told Rapunzel how excited I was to get a chance to meet her, as I had heard that the festival was often quite crowded. She agreed!

Anyway, this may have just been a weird fluke, because we totally saw super-long lines other times during our trip. I never would have expected to meet her, and on a Saturday, no less. Not sure how it happened, but I'm not gonna question it. Short lines happen! :goodvibes

We were there this past Saturday. My sister and I hopped off the teacups around, I dunno, 9:20ish? Maybe 9:30? I moesyed over past Enchanted Grove just to see what the line would be like...

Rapunzel was already out, there were maybe 25 people queued up in the area, and that was it! I figured the rest of the line was wrapping around towards the castle, where I couldn't see, and that this was just the first group. I asked the CM, "Am I insane, or is this seriously the entire line to meet Rapunzel?" She looked at me like yes, I was a little insane, and that this was all the line at the moment. :rotfl2:

Long story short, my sister and I waited maybe 15-20 minutes. It was nuts. When I met her, I told Rapunzel how excited I was to get a chance to meet her, as I had heard that the festival was often quite crowded. She agreed!

Anyway, this may have just been a weird fluke, because we totally saw super-long lines other times during our trip. I never would have expected to meet her, and on a Saturday, no less. Not sure how it happened, but I'm not gonna question it. Short lines happen! :goodvibes

I"m actually not surprised by this. With Flynn now gone, and her near continual availability, I expected this to be the case.

You will be able to meet Flynn at the Halloween and Christmas parties like the other princes and princesses.

They have to keep unique opportunities at those parties so they can keep giving reasons for participants!

I hear Mickey is no longer appearing with Minnie in the parks now too. But if you pay $60 to attend a hard ticketed party, you'll get to see him there! :rolleyes1

We were there last week, just after the change. We were second in line for the 9:15 meet. While we were waiting for Rapunzel, there were crayons and coloring sheets out for the kids. Then the cast members led the kids in a dance and asked them some questions about the movie. At 9:15, Rapunzel came out. I'm not sure how bad the waits were later in the day, but I didn't want to take any chances.

I just looked at my photopass pics and they are still giving bonus shots of Flynn, but it's definitely not the same as meeting him in person. :sad2:

We were also there last week (7/3 - 7/6) and we encountered the same thing. I honestly had no intention on waiting to see Rapunzel after hearing horror stories of 2 hour lines. We ran into a CM who had the day off at Epcot fireworks on 7/4 and she told us that when Rapunzel first started doing M&G that it was a 4 hour wait to see her. Yikes!

Anyway, we had no problem seeing her. In fact, we were walking around the castle in Magic Kingdom and right as we walked by Rapunzel rushed out and was doing the dance around the table with kids & crayons/sheets of paper. We got in line right then and only waited 10-15 minutes total to see her! It was SUCH an unexpected treat, because I had no intentions on waiting in line to see her for so long with my kids' short attention span.

While we waited, another CM brought a big stuffed Pascal for all the kids to be photographed holding. It definitely made the line go by fast!

DisneyPhotoImage135.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage136.jpg

Thanks for asking because I was wondering, too. One more question, where is she located? My grandson loves that movie and is all about meeting Rapunzel next month, so I guess we'll be there at 9:00.

on the back side of the castle in MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter