• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How is the heat in early May??

bobbigrl27

Mouseketeer
We are looking to plan a Disney trip in 2012 and right now I am leaning toward early May. I realize that the weather is different from year to year, but I am curious to hear from people who have visited in early May and what their impression was. Was it completely unbearable or just mildly uncomfortable?

We were there the first week of May in '09 - just before the torrential rains that so many others dealt with! Our weather was gorgeous. I don't remember feeling uncomfortable at all...it was warm/hot but I don't remember humidity being an issue so it was fine.
I was looking back at my photos from that trip last night and see the kids were sorta red faced and sweaty in some pics...which I really don't remember but I guess it was warm enough for that.

The only miserable heat I ever felt was in mid/later June. Even early Sept was hot but we were lucky that the parks were dead so we never dealt with the combination of heat + jammed crowds of people. I am going later in May this year and am hoping the horrible heat and humidity won't have reached FL yet!

Last year, the first week of May had temperatures in the upper 90s. It was our 4th May vacation and definitely the hottest. They've all been pretty warm but last year felt like July.

Last year, the first week of May had temperatures in the upper 90s. It was our 4th May vacation and definitely the hottest. They've all been pretty warm but last year felt like July.

Agree - last year, it was very hot the first week of May. It is usually warm, but last year was "July/August" HOT! Still, the parks were empty, so the experience was still awesome. :thumbsup2

We were there the first week of May last year & it was warmer than usual. Low 90's. It was tolerable though.

Hope the weather is ok the week 11 - 17. It will be ok for me whatever it is but I worry about my 4 year old grandson.

Not a melting, I'm going to die hot....but a where are the grey goose slushies......yum this is heavenly hot...with a dash of afternoon showers.

The monsoons of last may weren't typical--don't fear

In May 1 and 2, 2009 it was hot but not humid so it wasn't unbearable.

I'm hoping for the same on Mother's Day weekend this year.

We were there the second week in May last year and the weather was beautiful and not hot but warm.

Agree - last year, it was very hot the first week of May. It is usually warm, but last year was "July/August" HOT! Still, the parks were empty, so the experience was still awesome. :thumbsup2

We arrive on May 5th and we are used to early September weather, so I will handle the hot weather as long as there are still little to no crowds to deal with ;)

we will be there may 9-16 I hope we dont get torrential rain :(

We've gone quite a few times the first week of May and it is GREAT crowds and temps wise.....that week in 09 was a fluke......a HORRIBLE fluke of rain....was non stop pretty much the whole week....but we havent ever had that happen to us again....its one of our fav times to go......

May can be a little unpredictable, so can a lot of months in fla. We go usually the 2nd week every year. In 09, there was heat, high 80's, low 90's, and a period of extreme rain throughout a big portion of the entire month. May of 2010, we had mid 90's, it was hot, not as humid as Aug/Sept but still a fair amount. i think this yr will be similar. Just like last yr we already are seeing above avg temps and in the 90's. Orlando is actually hotter already than we are in S Fla. most days.

All that aside, go when it fits for you. There will always be temp swings and rain-it Florida! The crowds are moderate, and the hours are long enough to see everything. We love it and go every year!

If it's gonna be super hot I'd rather have it rain!

I'll be wet from sweat anyways!! :lmao:

BTW- My crowd calendar says the "average" highs and lows for each day and it looks like the average highs are in the upper 80's...not sure how dependable that is! Haha

we went last year may 8-15 and it was HOT. we came back to the resort in the late afternoon to shower before dinner. there was no way i could have gone into a restaurant feeling like that. the nights were warm and i didn't need my sweatshirt or jeans at all.

going back may 5-14 and hoping for great weather!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter