How is the food at CRT?

IandGsmom

Just another crazy Disney lady
Ok I am going for the first time. I really wanted to eat there. Got my PS and everything but now I am worried. I have read on many thread how yucky the food is and how rushed the characters are. Someone please make me feel better or confirm the worst!!:scared1:

Ok, personally, I LOVE CRT. I think the food is better than Princess Storybook (although I do like PS breakfast, don't get me wrong!) and the princesses spent the same amount of time with us at both breakfasts.

That is my experience. If I could only do one, it would probably be CRT for me (although I like the princess selection better at PSB - BIG Mulan fan!!).

JMO - go and enjoy!! The atmosphere is wonderful! princess:

Fabulous .. fabulous.. Next to Cali Grill and Brown Derby it is one of my fave's and certainly the best in MK.

For breakfast I love the Deep fried cream cheese filled french toast :) and the granola-yogurt.

For lunch I like the Major Domo's Pie -- It's a huge shepherd's pie.

and for dinner I love the Filet with Root mashed -- the root mashed is my favorite part -- big huge chunks of garlic -- yum!

I think the food at CRT is great -- I am fairly particular about food .. and I absolutely hate fast food. Some people like plain or fast food type stuff and don't like "fancier food" but we have always found CRT willing to accomidate for my MIL who thinks salt is spicy- just ask them. In the last 7 years we have always found the food to be consistent, hot and delicious.. I haven't seen the anti-CRT thread you mentioned.. but we have never had a problem.

The character interaction there has been great-- but then we haven't gone with kids.. The characters do mill around more..but i think it is because the of the layout of the restaurant. They try to keep it so you don't end up with all the characters in one corner.

My only complaint was that the morning after we got engaged we were enjoying our breakfast, and Aurora came up and scribbled her name in crayon across our Magical Moments Certificate, without asking, before we could stop her-- It was so rude! and I can recognize that that was one person, and not all characters are that way..

I agree -- keep your PS and go and enjoy!

--Heather

We have gone to CRT two years in a row and we enjoy it. We find the food to be very good and we have never had a problem with getting more food when needed. I personally love the muffins, crossaints and fruit before the main course arrives. When it is time for refills the wait staff has always asked us exactly what we wanted and was totally accomodating.

Now for the characters........I have nothing but high praise for these ladies that play these characters. In fact, the same young lady played Cinderella both years we were there and she is as cute as a button and so very sweet. We had accidentally ran into her the day before our PS and she asked my DD what her name was and you know what.....she remembered it the next day. How impressive is that, she sees hundreds of kids a day and she remembered my daughters name. After our breakfast I asked the ladies out front at the podium if there was a manager I could talk to and they looked at me in fear and I told them it was praise I wanted to deliver. They got a manager on the phone and I told her the characters were great especially Cinderella and I wanted them to know how great she was doing. The manager was very grateful because people usually call on her for complaints and not praise.

So as you can see... we love it there. I already have my 90 days counted out because we are going again in Sept..

Hope you have fun!:wave:

Thanks. I feel better. I am going with DH and twin sons so this really is for me.:D I deserve breakfast with Cinderella don't I?:crazy:

The breakfast at CRT is wonderful. Fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, bacon, fried cheese danish/toast, croissants, potatoes. Very tasty. Kids get french toast sticks and scrambled eggs. We've gotten the cheese danish plain, with hot blueberry compote and hot apple compote. Just depends on the time of year, I think.

Never eaten lunch there.

We've done the princess breakfast twice now. The food was okay. On our second visit the food was barely warm, but the first visit it was great. Character interaction was good both times.

All this said....I really prefer a late lunch there. My dd isn't as 'into' the princesses so she doesn't care about the breakfast anymore. Thank heaven...no more 7 am calls!!! But we did have lunch there and it was terrific. Another vote for the Major Domo pie. Yum!!!

YES!!! You deserve breakfast with Cinderella!

We've enjoyed CRT twice, and the food was delicious both times. I'll have 6 people calling with me on our "target" reservation morning to try to get a ressie! Get your dialing fingers ready!!!

Enjoy yourself and let us know what you think when you get back.

:earsgirl: Kim

We've eaten breakfast here twice and dinner once- all three meals were good! We've never had a complaint with any of our food. And the character interaction was terrific both times- the princesses all talked a while with DD and made a huge fuss over DS 2 1/2- he had lipstick kisses all over him by the time we left!:p I'm sure you twin boys will get lots of attention too!
This breakfast has become a 'must' for DD4- lets just hope I can get it again- she'll never understand why Cinderella didn't invite us to eat with her and her princess friends if I don't!

Originally posted by IandGsmom
Thanks. I feel better. I am going with DH and twin sons so this really is for me.:D I deserve breakfast with Cinderella don't I?:crazy:

Just so that you know, my first CRT experience was on a girls trip with my mom (53), sister (31) and myself (33)! :p Not a child with us - and we had a great time. The princesses were wonderful and we got our picture with each one. I didn't bring DD's (5 and 3) until my second CRT the year after.

So of course you deserve it - and enjoy yourself!!::yes::

Originally posted by IandGsmom

Absolutely. I made my boyfriend stand with me while we had a pic with Snow White! He was so embarrased!

My family loves the CRT and we don't have any little princesses right now. DS15 especially loves Jasmine, so we might have to check out the PSB breakfast too. We have all enjoyed the food.
I especially like the french toast.

I did embarrass Mary Poppins when we ate there on 12/26 and I asked her to tell us about "boxing day" and she didn't know. Cinderella did a wonderful job helping her cover up. Since then I have read that on 12/26 English folk used to give household things to servants in boxes, therefore "boxing day." And I probably won't ask Mary again! LOL

I also want to add that I would have done better with a later PS at Christmas. Ours was 8:10 and my DNephew9 really wanted to go on rides. I had a choice when I booked and a 10:30 would have been better for him.

I agree that CRT is definitely worth a visit. We've been to breakfast 3X and dinner 2X. The breakfast is very good. I love the creme cheese french toast. My husband usually orders the "healthy" breakfast and he claims it is just as good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter