How is the current weather and crowds at the parks?

KYCruiseCrazy

<font color=blue>I'll be drooling and dreaming<br>
Just wondering.........:confused:

How about the weather in Kentucky? :rotfl: It's currently a balmy 90 Degs at 10:15 pm in Louisville (heat index 97)
At WDW it's 81 and a BREEZE:lmao:

Anyone want to trade places? Is it fall yet??:laughing::headache:

HOT HOT and MORE HOT!!!

This was our third year to go in the first week of August, and we live in the south west of Texas.... so we didn't really ever think much about the heat...

BUT boy howdy was this trip different.... it was HOT HOT HOT... And no rain the whole week - which you would think would be a good thing...but it wasn't!

TP rated our days from 7-9 and we felt every inch of that 8 and 9... it could have been the heat, but it felt like the parks were much more crowded this year too. :-(

today was a bit cooler only cause it was raining most of the time. Been very hot and very humid. My first day I thought it wasn't so bad, but it seems to be getting more humid at night then during the day!

we left on Saturday and it was H-O-T!!!! you literally walked out of your resort and started to sweat immediately!
my advice...
wear loose fitting, airy type clothing...buy one of those misting fans (lifesaver while waiting in line) and drink lots of water!!!!

Our first day it stormed, and the crowds were VERY light at the MK. For the most part it was crowded, but we only had to wait in long lines for TSM ( about 90 min w/out a FP because we didn't want to wait until late that day to ride) and Soarin also had a long line in the middle of the day. By Friday, MK started to get more crowded, I'm assuming because alot of people arrived that day.

I wish I could have dragged my family out of bed early each day for EMH, but we were up late each night, so it just wasn't happening!

Hot and sweaty. Smelly crowds, short tempers. We don't do summer in theme parks. Florida hot is not like any other hot. ;)

Just came back Friday.
Very Very Hot, hottest summer i've ever experinced.
It was above 90 all the time and during the day prob over 100!
It's also very crowded and the only place you can be comfortable in the pool.
However the wait time during magic hours was pretty good.
One think that annoyed me was how many rides broke down.
I swear at least 5 rides broke down.
Also, it only rained 3 majorly 3 times out of the two weeks we were there!
All in all it was a GREAT trip though!

^^ The smelly comment. SO TRUE! I smelt so many vial people I feel sick just talking about it.

HOT! Ha! You should have been there last June. Friggin Heat index above 114!
We'll be there next week but I don't think we will be in the parks...well maybe the a Water Park!

Well it was very cool last night, and right now...

Right now crowds are being poured on by a really nice storm.

Enjoy the refreshments.

HOT HOT HOT!
We got back Sunday and every day was over 100.
Saw a lot of tempers flaring.
Drink lots of water!
We loved doing the EMH during the evening. One night we were at MK until 2:30am. It was cooler and we got on all the major rides with no wait.
The crowds werent too bad. The longest waits I saw were for Soarin and Test Track 120 minutes, but we did Fast passes for those.
Our only bad day was at AK, we had bad luck with rides breaking down. Dinosaur was down most of the day and they closed Kali Rapids because of lightening.
It did rain every day. Sometimes for 20 minutes, sometimes 4 hours.

So you are telling me I will melt in the H-O-T sun. We will be arriving in about 11 days to CBR.

I just put my hair up, skipped the heavy makeup and drank lots of water.
My son ended buying one of the Mickey mister fans, and we were usually all fighting for it by mid-day :)
Even though it was hot, it was still Disney, so we managed!

Hot and sweaty. Smelly crowds, short tempers. We don't do summer in theme parks. Florida hot is not like any other hot. ;)

I agree with the "hot and sweaty" part, but we actually like going in the summer.

Longer hours, more attractions open, daily parades and fireworks.

As for our strategies, we get up early and do the AM EMH. Then when the heat builds by about 11 am, we head back to our resort and cool off and nap. We stay there until the afternoon showers are over, and head back out to the parks around 4 to 5 and stay late.

Works great for us!

Oh, and in answer to your question, it was mid 90's last week (92 - 96), with heat indices in the 104 - 106 range, with 20 to 40 % chance of scattered afternoon showers every day.

And the crowds were not bad! DH and I commented that it seemed a lot less crowded than around the same time in the past. I think it is a combination of the economy, the heat, and WWOHP siphoning off some business. For example, we only had to get a few Fastpasses (for things like Toy Story Mania, Soaring, Test Track, Space Mountain). Everything else was a reasonable wait.

Just came back Friday.
Very Very Hot, hottest summer i've ever experinced.
It was above 90 all the time and during the day prob over 100!
It's also very crowded and the only place you can be comfortable in the pool.
However the wait time during magic hours was pretty good.
One think that annoyed me was how many rides broke down.
I swear at least 5 rides broke down.
Also, it only rained 3 majorly 3 times out of the two weeks we were there!
All in all it was a GREAT trip though!

^^ The smelly comment. SO TRUE! I smelt so many vial people I feel sick just talking about it.

Wow, in all of my times in disney, we have never expirenced rides breaking down.We leave soon and hope they repaired them especially since some are closed for refurbishing.
Which ones kept breaking down??
Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter