How is the crowds the second week in Dec?

deana

Earning My Ears
We will be in Orlando Dec. 6-15 and are planning on spending 2 days of that week at IOA and Universal. How are the crowds that week and what 2 days do you think would be the best to plan on going? Does anyone know if any rides are scheduled for rehap. during that time or are all the rehaps done after the holidays in Jan and Feb? Thanks ahead of time for all your thoughts on this.
Deana

We were there 2 years ago during that same week. If it were any less crowded, I think they would need to close the park. Islands of Adventure was more crowded than Universal. At Universal we felt like we were the only ones in the park. We also took 2 days, but finished early on our Universal day and went back to IOA.

We were at USF/IOA from Dec. 4 - 9, 2001 and crowds were non-existent. I would recommend any weekday during that period to enjoy both parks. Our longest waits were surprisingly at USF- 20 or so minutes for Twister. But IOA was awesome- no lines, all the rides were open (even the water rides!) and beautiful weather. Plus you get to see all the Christmas decorations. If you have any specific questions, I'll be happy to answer. Have fun!

The second week of December is pretty quiet. Remember to drop by DIS Con meets during your stay. DIS Con II is from 12/4 to 12/8! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter