How is the courtyard view at the Wilderness Lodge?

DreamDelta

DIS Veteran
I'm just curious about the courtyard view at the WL. Just looking for opinions. We'll be at the WL this July with a courtyard view.:woohoo:

IF you pay the extra for a courtyard view room, be sure to ask for an INNER courtyard room. Unless you are interested in a more quiet setting. The rooms facing the villas are also considered courtyard and are a bit quieter. An inner courtyard view would be looking at the winding Silver Springs stream, waterfall or pool areas. Nicer I think. You can save some bucks by getting a woods view (request 4-5th floor north wing, overlooking the otter pond) if you won't be in the room much. ENJOY!

Artemus

From the roof, inner courtyard.

Image044.jpg

View from room 6129, a KING bed room!!!!! No kids on that trip!

DSCF3227.jpg

We stayed at the WL this past August. We had booked a standard view but was upgraded at check-in to an inner courtyard view. It was amazing! I didn't want to spend the extra figuring we wouldn't be in the room that much, but it really was nice. Unfortunately, there is no going back, so from now on when we stay at the WL I will have to bite the bullet and pay for the courtyard view from the get go. It was fabulous to wake up in the morning and go out on the balcony and watch the sun rise. Beautiful.

Like the previous poster said, make sure you tell them ahead of time you want an inner courtyard view. Personally, I think the villa view rooms should be the same price as the woods view, not the courtyard view rooms. Maybe a woods/quiet pool category, but that's just my two cents.

You will love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We stayed at the WL in April for a mini vacation and had a ground floor courtyard view with patio - we could see the pool and watch the people walking from the main lobby area down to Roaring Forks or the Pool in the outside area. It was so nice and relaxing - lots of wildlife parking themselves on the patio too. Bunnies, birds, etc. It was so relaxing - spoiled me!! It'll hard to be go back to a Value after spending time at the WL. I just wish we'd had more time just to venture around the lodge itself.

We loved ours. We had room 4105. My Ds5 loved that he got to walk out onto the balcony and watch people swimming.

DSC01276.jpg

DSC01275.jpg

DSC01277.jpg

Sorry about the balcony bars in the picture. I was trying to wrestle the 1 year old from trying to climb on the patio chairs to get closer to the balcony.

I paid for a courtyard view room at WL, and I envisioned myself enjoying my privacy on a balcony, watching life go by in the inner courtyard. :cloud9: When I checked in, much to my disappointment, I got a ground floor room at the very end of the hall, with a view of people sitting at the pool bar. So much for my private balcony with a view. :rolleyes: This room was one floor below the lobby level even - and to try to find the elevators to get there was a chore in itself!

I begged at check-in, pleading for a balcony, and thank goodness it worked - got a nice 3rd floor room close to the lobby, inner courtyard. It saved my trip - I been on the ground floor at WL before and I didn't ever want it again! :sad2:

I agree that the Villa-view rooms SHOULD NOT be courtyard view and courtyard prices!! I think this is one of Disney's biggest intentional misrepresentation going. Absolutely not the same thing.

We had a free upgrade to inner courtyard in Feb.- we had booked woods view. It was wonderful and I couldn't believe our good luck. We were also right around the corner from the lobby on the 4th floor. It would be the perfect room to be inner courtyard with a door off the lobby. Best of both worlds! We loved WL!!! Have fun!:wizard:

I'll be there in a couple of days with a Courtyard view room with bunks, it's our favorite! I"ll be sure to take tons of pics to post when we get back :)

Oooh...yes! Would you please take a picture of the balcony itself? I may sound crazy, but I'd like to see how big it is. Thanks!!

Those courtyard views are beautiful!!! WL looks gorgeous, too!

Have a fantastic trip!

We had Courtyard view in October 06, it faced the villas, not what I expected but we love the WL none the less. Have a great stay! We just returned from the Poly yesterday, nice resort, but I prefer the Wielderness hands down! Have a great time!:cool1:

I was lucky...paid for a woods view and was upgraded to 3rd floor courtyard view overlooking the pool. It was gorgeous...could even see the lake. It was nice to sit out on the balconey and people watch in the early morning and evenings. I have only been upgraded for free once in all the times I have been to Disney...and it sure was nice!

Here's a shot of our couryard view from Dec.

DisneyDec2007071.jpg

DisneyDec2007070.jpg

And I think this was booked under a couryard view category....when we checked in I asked for a view of Bay lake so it might have been a change. Room 5167.

DSC00684.jpg

DSC00683.jpg

Wow! The pictures look great! I guess I should have requested an inner courtyard. I wonder if it's too late?:confused:

I don't have any pictures but when my family and I had a Courtyard View it the view was very nice, so I am sure you will enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter