• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How is the Canadian smoke in your area.

White Cat

DIS Veteran
Friends and relatives from New York across to Chicago are saying it’s very bad. Indy is bad. Pittsburgh very bad. In Florida there is none yet. Spouse is in Tobermory Canada and says it smells like burning garbage. Toronto has an oder.

I'm in Buffalo. It was pretty smokey yesterday evening. It's still a little hazy but seems a lot better to me today. It hasn't bothered me.

I live in Harrisburg are in PA and it's code read here and hazy skies. However, not nearly as bad as it was couple weeks ago when we registered 477 on the air quality index. The orange glow and smells like you are walking right thru a camp fire is so eerie!!

New England - getting worse later today and tomorrow. It was AWFUL this past weekend. Our local radio station today said there are currently 250 fires burning in Canada and they are fighting 50 of them. So 200 fires are not being tended to. Poor Canada - wish the US can provide more support.

240 here in mid Michigan. The other day seemed worse, tho as we could smell the smoke. What's weird today, is our wind has kicked up but the smoke just doesn't move anywhere. :(

We're at like 168 AQI today. Yesterday was in the 150s, although it did clear up at night.

I’m in northern Ohio right off Lake Erie. We’ve been in the red zone for 2 days now. It’s a little better today but not much. Can definitely smell it.

Northern Minnesota here. We are used to the yearly fires sending smoke our way. But this year, there is more of it and for longer. I feel bad for the people in Canada who have to put up with this every year. It seems especially bad this year with many forest fires. I wonder how they are handling all the fires?

It's not great in Toronto. I can safely say that in this instance, I do NOT want that smoke.
Really? Today is beautiful blue skies and no haze in Mississauga. I know it can and will likely change, and yesterday was awful. But so far today is so lovely.

Chicago. It’s been very bad. It’s still bad today but not AS bad. Very grateful that we have an air purifier in our house that has kept the levels very low inside.

I'm in St. Louis where it was so bad yesterday that there was a visible light haze at 1/4 mi. distance all day. Particles were way up in the unhealthy zone on the EPA's AirNow app.

They're less than half that today, thankfully, but forecast to go high again over the weekend.

Yes, we're feeling the effects this far south.

We are at 97 outside nyc, indoors 29 on the air purifier (which I bought after we got close to 500). A friend owns a landscaping company and canceled an outdoor gathering this evening.

Code Orange in my part of New Jersey, just over the bridge from Philly, which is Code Red. I had to go out this morning and, although it was hazy, there was no smell of smoke in the area.

I'm in Southeastern New England and it isn't too bad today ...just a little hazy.

My eyes have been itchy and watery anytime it spikes. I can tell when it’s time to change the hvac filter because my eyes will start to react. Unlike a filter, I can’t insulate myself from the air. It sucks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter