How is the 3rd week of August...

We'll be there from August 19th to September 1st. This is our first time going at the end of August as we usually go fourth of July week. I think if we enjoyed going then we will enjoy the end of August. Yes it will be hot but if you plan accordingly it will be fine!!!!! :thumbsup2

We will be there Aug 15-26 and can't wait...just remember, the hottest day at Disney is still better than a comfortable day at work!

DisneycrazedX6 said:
Will be there the 15th-29th....I will be wearing my lime green colors....keep a look out please!!!!!

We will - also going to SSR - checking in on Sunday 27th (after a stay at RPR at Universal)

We will be there also. 8/22-8/29. Friends of ours went tha time last year and said, "Hot, humid, but light crowds." And that was with free dining.

Now, tell me about he fast pass?

Does it rain at certain times each day...

Like a shower or two?

We will be there from Aug 19-27th staying at BC.

Typically we would go during the week after Thanksgiving. However, it's getting more difficult to take the kids out of school.

Last year was our first family trip during the summer. We went the 2nd week of August and it was so hot we decided never to go in the summer again.

Well, guess what? We just couldn't stay away. I guess we decided it wasn't so bad afterall so we're going back in August.

I am so glad to see so many of you going that week ...

I guess I wont feel alone....

Only kidding I will be with dh

going 8/12 to 8/21 staying the shades of green (sog) we were there last august and it was the hottest 10 days of my life but we had a great time!!

Suzyq9241 said:
What is SOG?

SOG= Shades of Green the military resort

Fast passes are a way to by pass the stand-by line and get in with less wait. Some rides have it, some do not. If there is a fast pass machine, you use your park ticket to get the FP, no additional charge, and it FP gives you a time frame in which to return. There is a separate entrance and a CM checking for FP with the correct time frame. Then you get to ride with less waiting than just getting in line.

We were there last August, and it rained a bit almost every day. Some days more than others, mostly in the mid/late afternoon. It's pretty hot though so we never minded a bit of rain to cool us and the weather off.

8/13-8/18 for us. I think that I'd take the heat over heavy crowds. Get those kids back in school so I can enjoy my vacation! :cool1:
I'll have my alien green Mickeys hanging on me somewhere. :thumbsup2

shmoogrrrl said:
We will be there too. August 12 - 21. Hopefully us Disers will have the parks to ourselves! Yeah, I know that I can keep on dreaming. :)

We will be on the Dining plan and staying at ASMusic. It will be me, my Husband, my Four year old little Tinkerbell (although she just chose a 'Belle' costume for her Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique visit), my 11 year old niece and my parents.

We're at ASMu too, Aug 12-18! I hadn't seen anyone else here at the same resort on those dates! Cool beans!

Can someone who was there the third week last year answer a question? Are the evening EMH's going to be crowded with the free dining? Last year in June, they were awful!!! We learned to not go to that park from the afternoon on, and we really really missed the E-nights at MK. But the evening emh hours were worse than the daytime. (Just hoping to sneak a late night ride on BTMRR!)

clutter said:
Can someone who was there the third week last year answer a question? Are the evening EMH's going to be crowded with the free dining? Last year in June, they were awful!!! We learned to not go to that park from the afternoon on, and we really really missed the E-nights at MK. But the evening emh hours were worse than the daytime. (Just hoping to sneak a late night ride on BTMRR!)

DH and I were at evening EMH the third week in August last year....they weren't too bad. They were the best at MK - we got to just sit on BTM and ride it over and over again about 10x! :thumbsup2 We were just down this past June, and the evening EMH were CRAZY! :crazy: The lines for everything were sooooooo long (especially at Epcot!!) that we ended up leaving and avoiding them. The morning EMH were a bit better. As with all evening EMH, as the night went on....the crowds got thinner and thinner. Have fun! :sunny:

Third week of August this year might be a little more crowded than the last couple years because it will be the first opportunity for Florida Seasonal Passholders to go back since June.

The last couple years the blackout dates were lifted a little earlier in the summer, allowing the Seasonal passholders to get their Disney fix sooner. I think there will be a lot of people antsy to get back ASAP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter