• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How is Rock 'n' Roller Coaster® Starring Aerosmith at MGM?

Absolutely loved the RnR,must be the best ride I have ever been on.Im re visiting the area next year and dying to get back on it :cool1:

We were at MGM on March 18th and I could not wait to get back on RnR! I had been on it once before, three years ago and had my eyes closed for the take off. I was bound and determined to keep them open this time. It was fantastic! I wish it could last longer too!

I just finished talking to my mom, topic turns to Disney - she tells me my brother made her ride it - (he's 40, I'm older!!) Mom said it wasnt as jerky of a ride as Space Mountain, so she loves it, she couldnt believe dh and I didnt ride it!! (I refused to ride rides by myself our first trip to Disney w/ DD 8!!) So its on our list, I hope the bomine, ginger, etc help me!! :rotfl2:

Not only is the music awesome, the atmosphere electrifying, and the ride amazing, but it also has to be one of the smoothest coasters I've ever ridden. (if not the smoothest)

This is easily one of those coasters you ride again and again, just because it doesn't really FEEL like one.

You can barely even tell you are upside down because of the scenery and the darkness. A definite must. :teeth:

marriedmarylander said:
From the website it looks like an awesome coaster. Anyone ridden it? I know it's not new but I've never ridden it.
I have a two part answer. As a Disney lover I say yes, it's a great Ride, but as an ACE member I say no, it's not a great roller coaster!!!

twingle3 said:
I Don't Like Roller Coasters That Have The Big Drops Or Any Drops For That Matter. I Can Handle Upside Down. Does This Have Drops? I Haven't Heard It Mentioned. Please Help Me Out On This As I Really Want To Surprise Dh And Dd With Riding This In September.

This ride is more about speed and curves than drops... in fact, there really aren't ANY drops to speak of. The wildest part of the ride is the beginning-- you launch from 0-60 in 3 seconds, then go into a quick double inversion (which goes by so fast you barely realize you're uspide down.) From there, it's all speed and curves and one more inversion. I think it's a lot smoother than Space Mountain. On our first trip in 2003, my DGF Nikkie was a total ride chicken. I coaxed her on the ride and she loved it-- we rode it 2 more times that trip, and a total of 7 times on our trip last year. Needless to say, we like it. :)

Die hard ACErs (coaster enthusiasts) aren't going to think much of RnR, but for the non-enthusiast-- you'll probably love it if you can work up the courage to ride. :)

I was also a wee bit afraid the first time, but I saw this youngster (7 or 8 years old) with the t-shirt that describes the ride. Lasts less than three minutes. So I thought if some little kid could ride it, so could I. It was great and is now one of our favorites! Also my niece and I traded, she rode Kali River Rapids and in return I had to ride RNR!

Aerosmith/Joe Perry & WDW - two of my most favorite things

try to ride in the front - you will love it

Birnbaum's said you cannot have a bag, backpack, etc. on this ride and there is nowhere to stow your stuff if you have one.

Comments? Contradictions?

Jrsy Boy said:
Birnbaum's said you cannot have a bag, backpack, etc. on this ride and there is nowhere to stow your stuff if you have one.

First of all, to answer this question, my sister and I always carry around silly belly-packs packed with stuff. we are also each overweight. when we get on, we have to get in, quickly adjust the seatbelt around the belly-pack, and then we're good to go. there's no place to stow large bags on the floor. when our mom and aunt went with us, my mom wrapped the straps of her bag around her leg a few times and pushed her leg as far back toward the seat she was sitting on as possible. that kept things pretty much in place, but her bag also closed. if a bag was open, you could easily lose cameras, glasses, wallets, etc.

We LOVE this ride. we typically ride it 3-5 times per trip or per day in MGM if possible. it's an inside roller coaster, which is a huge plus for me because i'm afraid of heights. i can't see how high (or not) i am off the ground, so it makes it a completely enjoyable experience. :) also, see my avatar (under my screenname) regarding my opinion on where to sit. :)

try it - you will probably love it! :)

Jenny

Jrsy Boy said:

I had a large backpack and went on the ride several times. I wrapped the straps around my legs and then pushed it underneath my legs to keep it in place. It was find every time. But do remember to close all compartments securely! :flower:

Brilliant experience, the take off is out of this world.
20 weeks and 4 days till were back.

Tommy Karen Danielle and Wee Tommy
Dundee Scotland

Great ride. Needs to be longer though. I would make the recommendation of closing your eyes at the beginning. There are a lot of flash bulbs at the beginning that will make you blind and you want be able to see the rest of the ride. When you go into the tunnel to get onto the "Limo", watch and you will see when you need to close your eyes.

Enjoy!!

please dont close your eyes, ruins the ride...those 'flashes' are also the on-ride picture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter