How is Port Orleans Riverside, Alligator bayou?

Pluto's Boy

Earning My Ears
I want to get some info on POR, Alligator Bayou.I'm going on 8/19/11, and I'd like to know some more about the place.

POR is our absolute favorite resort! We also stay in the AB section since we are a family of 5. Only thing that people need to know is A. It is a large resort, it has many buildings, pools, and bus stops. It may be a good 10-15 minute walk to get from your room to the main building, it may be closer. B. Aligator Bayou does not have elevators, if stairs are a problem then request for a lower level.

Really, it is a very beautiful resort, we are schduled for our 5th trip there in December. We love the scenery all around the resort, the CMs are friendly, the rooms are nice, there are several bus stops, there are 5 pools and our favorite part....the boat ride to DTD! It is so relaxing and a great alternative to the bus.

Enjoy your stay there, and feel free to PM if you have any questions.

I'm going to POR for the first time too. We will be there in two weeks :yippie: I'm wondering how busy the hot tub area gets? My man enjoys a hot soak each night here at home and we were looking forward to having one at our resort this time. I'm hopeing for mansions.

Another great thing about POR is River Mill, the food court. They have some great options that are not the typical fast food offerings. (They have the burger/chicken strip/pb&j stuff too.) We love the create your own pasta station. You choose your pasta, veggies, sauce & meat and it's cooked to order, served with a slice of garlic bread (although they call it a breadstick). There is a carving station available after 4pm, too. The bakery & ice cream windows offer some great snacks & desserts.

We love to take the boat to DTD. It's a peaceful ride & you can check out Saratoga Springs & POFQ along the way.

Have a great trip!!

We will be going in February. I know at few other resorts they offer movies by the pool. Do they offer this at either of the Port Orleans pools? My children love to swim and watch a movie at night. They are finally big enough that they can swim while mom and dad relax and just watch....

check out portorleans.org...... for a bunch of information and photos.

It is my home resort.

While I think POR is beautifully landscaped, during our stay this past March, we found the room itself in dire need of a refurb. The AC unit kept blowing a fuse and was quite noisy. The room was not as clean as I normally expect from Disney.

We love POR, especially the boat rides to DTD and the ability to share services and the pool with POFQ. However, we won't be returning to POR until it gets a refurb.

While I think POR is beautifully landscaped, during our stay this past March, we found the room itself in dire need of a refurb. The AC unit kept blowing a fuse and was quite noisy. The room was not as clean as I normally expect from Disney.

We love POR, especially the boat rides to DTD and the ability to share services and the pool with POFQ. However, we won't be returning to POR until it gets a refurb.

Then you will be going back late next year; because the refurbs should be finished by then!:goodvibes

We will be going in February. I know at few other resorts they offer movies by the pool. Do they offer this at either of the Port Orleans pools? My children love to swim and watch a movie at night. They are finally big enough that they can swim while mom and dad relax and just watch....

POR does not have an outdoor movie area, but they do have a campfire sing-a-long that a lot of kids really seem to enjoy.

Op check out this link :)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1920531 It's a POR FAQ.

Honestly AB section at POR is my favorite!! Hubby and I travel as a group of 2 and have always requested AB. One time we were placed in the Mansions section and as hard as we personally tried we just weren't 'feeling it' and so we requested to change rooms and they had no issues moving us to AB. :lovestruc:lovestruc

We're fans if Buildings 15 and 18 as it's close to the pool/laundry/buses and main building but just back enough to not be right on the main pathway so it's nice and quiet.

The AB section is really, really pretty! The landscaping is amazing. Our room was nice. We stayed over spring break (March 2010).

We have also stayed in the Mansions section on a previous trip and enjoyed that stay as well. It is such a beautiful resort.

Have a great trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter