How is parking at Disney springs?

mtemm

<font color=teal>Doubly blessed<br><font color=dar
we are headed to wdw the end of July. On our last day we plan to rope drop HS, then head back to our hotel (YC) to swim for a bit if wanted and eventually make our way to Disney springs for a early dinner. Then we are heading out to a local friend's house to spend a night then head home the next day.

my plan is to store our luggage with bell services before we leave for HS. My only dilemma is do we pick it up and drive/park at Disney springs when we head for dinner, or is parking over there so bad that we are better off just taking the bus back and forth and then heading out from the YC.

Not sure when the last time you were at DS is, but much has changed in the past 18 months. They now have two multi-level parking garages. They attach right to DS, so parking is now far better than it used to be. It's covered, plentiful and easy access.

I'm not sure how parking at Disney Springs qualifies as chaotic now. There are parking towers. The entrance to each tower has an electronic sign that tells you how many open spots there are on each level. Once you chose a level, electronic signs at the beginning of each row tell you how many open spots there are in that row, and lights at each spot indicate where an open spot is. I think the only way parking gets any easier than that is if you are valet parking.

Here's why chaotic. Many, many, many people - most of whom are unfamiliar with the area pouring - into a confined space. They are being guided (sort of) by staff, but still have to make a decision or two. This apparently paralyzes a large percentage of them. It took longer for my husband to park the car than it did for the rest of us to get out of the car, walk across the shopping area, and get into line at Guest Relations.

I think of it as event parking. Sort of like going to a concert or sporting event. If you find that to be super easy - great for you. We avoid Disney Springs - in part because of the parking.

I think it depends on when you go. Daytime is easy, evening during the week manageable, weekend evenings we find to be a bit crazy. We have had to drive around and around for a spot . Still, I prefer to drive it rather than bus it.

It took me 25+ minutes to exit the garage on a Saturday night. Does anyone have advice for the quickest ways to exit the garage? Like what floor or area of the floor to park in?

It took me 25+ minutes to exit the garage on a Saturday night. Does anyone have advice for the quickest ways to exit the garage? Like what floor or area of the floor to park in?

When we're you leaving? We've been to DS 5+ times since both parking garages and have never spent more than 5 min leaving. We've parked on all the floors, including the very top, and have never had a line to leave

We were there in December. I would say chaotic describes it best.

I think the chaos was related to being December and very, very busy. We were there in March and there was no chaos. The only disappointment for us was that the Lime Garage (closer to the Marketplace than the Orange Garage is) is smaller and fills up earlier.

Disney obviously feels that there still is a parking issue at Disney Springs since they recently started construction on a 3rd parking garage (across Buena Vista Dr from Lime Garage). Rumor is they are also considering building a 4th garage in the Strawberry Parking Lot (past Cirque).

Compared to what it used to be, DS parking is awesome. Getting in and out is easy and the garages actually alert to you how may spaces are available on a given level or row which saves you the time of driving up & down the rows hunting for spaces. It's the most advanced parking system I've ever used.

Last edited:

My son works at DS and I haven't heard him complain about getting out of work in months. But during construction it was hit or miss. And once he was stuck in the garage waiting as you did. The traffic lights didn't change often enough causing the back up of everyone exiting at closing.

When we're you leaving? We've been to DS 5+ times since both parking garages and have never spent more than 5 min leaving. We've parked on all the floors, including the very top, and have never had a line to leave

This. We've been to DS a large number of times since the new garages, and never waited...coming or going. Not saying a long wait has never happened, but from our experience it's as easy as parking gets anywhere at WDW.

We are local and head to DS often. During the day it is very easy! But at night that can be a different story. We have encountered signs stating both garages full and the surface parking full on multiple occasions.
This past Friday night at about 8pm we were trying to meet some friends. All signs said every thing was full so we went into Orange garage anyway. A worker was blocking anyone from entering level three so we went up to level 4. After a few min of driving around we came across some one leaving. So it did not take long, but we did have to wait for someone to leave.

It was late Saturday, April 8, around 11pm. To my knowledge there was no special event at DS that night (maybe Cirque had recently gotten out?). DS was packed with Spring Break/pre-Easter crowds. I was on the 4th floor of the Orange garage (it was "full" when I entered it but had about maybe 5-10 spots per level available). To compound the issue, I headed toward Epcot Center Drive thinking I'd get to I-4 faster, but Buena Vista was jammed, so Hotel Plaza to 535 may have been quicker.

Going back tomorrow for "Dapper Day Eve" (I can't believe that's a thing), so wish me better luck. I'm hoping that was an Easter fluke.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter