• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Is October?

GOOFY4DONALD

DH finished his plate at 50's Prime Time. They wer
We have only gone to WDW during Christmastime. I love everything about it (esp Neil Patrick Harris narrating the CP) but we want to try something new. We are thinking about October. We can pretty much go at anytime during the month. How is the weather? crowds? We are planning on Boardwalk or Beach Club. We love Epcot and would like to check out the F&W festival but we don't want to encounter a mob scene.

Thanks for all replies

I have only been once during Oct and that was last year. I have to say, for me, nothing can compare to Christmastime at WDW but Oct ran a close second. We are going in Dec this year but headed back for Oct in 2014. I was surprised that only MK is really decorated as I am use to all the parks being decorated for Christmas. The weather was nice in Oct and the crowds were quite manageable and F&W was nice for DH and I to walk around on date night. We are looking forward to our next Oct trip but as I said nothing compares to Christmas for me.

I have went the last 4 Octobers staying YC, BC and BWI. I've done 25 WDW vacations in the past 15 years at various times of the year and October is my favorite. I like it much better than Christmas (did both in 2012).

Stay away from F&W on weekends and you won't have mobs. Also avoid going during Gartner symposium (huge convention) because they overrun the Epcot resorts and it diminishes the enjoyment of the resort area. You can google the dates.

F&W has gotten very popular! The crowds are pretty thick.

We went in Oct a few years ago and it was over 100 degrees 3 days in a row. We sure didn't feel like enjoying all the food choices.

I was there over Columbus Day weekend this year and found it very nice and tolerable. I thought the weather was fine and the crowds very manageable. I have been there at Christmas time and the crowds were definitely worse then. I have also been during the summer and the crowds are bad and the heat is unbearable...so October was like paradise to me! Food and Wine is awesome, you should definitely check it out!

Depends on if you do MNSSHP. We have been there for early December and early October and the crowds have been low and weather has been mild for both. But we preferred Halloween Party over Christmas Party. Being there to sample F&W was an added bonus during weekdays.

Absolutely love October! October, November, and early December are my favorite times to go...

October and November are my favorite time to go. No crowds so I never feel hurried to have to be anywhere in particular. I can just enjoy

We tend to get our first cool spell mid-October. I agree that you should avoid F & W weekends.

I love going in October-the crowds are manageable and it's still warm enough to swim in the pool if you want to. I love the decorations in the MK as well. Great time of year to go. :)

October is our favorite time to go. Most days weather is nice enough to swim, but heat isn't over whelming. Crowd levels are in the 3 to 5 range, normal wait times are less then 20 mins and lots of times we have just been able to get off ride and repeat it over and over. Epcot can be crazy at night and we haven't tryed to go to Epcot on Friday or Saturday. Its way more laid back then summer or xmas times, plus Halloween decor are awesome, plus my kids love to brag about getting to go to Disney and to trick or treating to their friends.

We went around Oct 18-25 2 years ago and it was glorious. We never encountered insane crowds, but stayed away from Epcot on weekends. It was awesome. I loved Christmas this past Dec, but Oct is still my favorite.

We will be doing Halloween this year at the World. I hope everything is manageable. I'll be happy regardless though.. it will be my first time there for my birthday.

We will be there Oct 25th - Oct 31st!! Cant wait! Last 3 yrs have been WDW 2 weeks before Christmas. WOW what a wonderful time to visit WDW. Cool, low crowd levels. We are so excited for Oct!!!!

We will be there Oct 25th - Oct 31st!! Cant wait! Last 3 yrs have been WDW 2 weeks before Christmas. WOW what a wonderful time to visit WDW. Cool, low crowd levels. We are so excited for Oct!!!!

We went down last October over Columbus weekend and had a blast!! The weather was great and the crowds were not bad at all. The F&W was awesome!! We did that on Sunday and did not have a problem getting around at all. Love, Love, Love :lovestruc the decorations at that time of year!! Planning on going back down this year too!! :cheer2:

we love going in october! i liked it even better than christmastime. have a great time!

Thanks to all of the replies we are actually thinking about oct 16-19 for universal and 19-25 for wdw. We are only taking our youngest and this will be the last time we take him out of school. We have a break so we can have a 10 day vacation while only missing 4 school days

It's got to be one of our most favourite times.....May running a close second and September third.

Based on weather and crowds plus Halloween decorations are up, no other time could beat October...even Christmas ( too crowded and much too iffy weather) you can keep November and December, we're resort pool people and enjoy the heat of leftover summer ,,,October is fantastic!

Well, for us with the Peter Pan ride being down pretty much the entire month of October this year, not good. :sad2: We are thinking of cancelling as that is the one ride that pretty much is WDW for us- it's the only ride that would even remotely have us thinking about actual cancellation. Other than that, I'm in your boat- we've gone during the Holiday season the last 5 years and loved it. I have been assured by at least 2 sets of friends who have each had multiple October trips in the last 5 years, that October is wonderful and the best time of the year to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter