• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How is October???

MOM POPPINS

<font color=red>I keep getting SOUVENIRS (wink) wh
We have our trip planned for May... so as the rest of you Disney addicts know that means it's time to plan the next trip. We are thinking about going the first week of October? Any thoughts and advice would be appreciated. :goodvibes

Our opitons are open for any week in October, so help us pick the best week!

This was October 18th 2010 this year from the Liberty Bell, with FP's it wasn't too bad, still had some 45min waits though at some rides.

Oh and it was about 90degrees every day

69384_10150303431615434_594020433_15813749_7814029_n.jpg

I went last year in May and October. October was definitely more crowded than May. Both months can be extremely warm.

Crowds in mid to late October have never been bad when I've been there. We lived in Orlando and Tampa for about 10 years and October is almost always still pretty hot although the nights are cooler than in the summer. Occasionally you will get a "cool" October with low humidity and high's in the low 80's but not too often. The cool down usually comes in early November.

This was October 18th 2010 this year from the Liberty Bell, with FP's it wasn't too bad, still had some 45min waits though at some rides.

Oh and it was about 90degrees every day

69384_10150303431615434_594020433_15813749_7814029_n.jpg

Is that a parade I see in the background? That would explain the congestion in that area!

October is fantastic for 2 things, the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot and MNSSHP. Two of my favorite WDW events.

October is a great month. It's hot, but not really bad as far as crowds go. We are going the first week. I'm really excited about the food and wine festival, as well as MNSSHP! :)

It's more crowded around the Columbus Day holiday. We're going the first week and hope that crowds are manageable. :goodvibes

We have been Aug, Sep and Oct and we loved October. Went the first two weeks last year and it was wonderful. MNSSHP and F&W were great though it did pump up the crowd levels at EPCOT in the WS area but not to the point where it was unmanagable. Can be busier over the weekends but we just went to other parks or hopped when it got bad but even then it was not out of control busy.

Yes it looks crowded and it was for the parades which you can see in the photo but over all it really was not bad. Once the parades were over the crowds were gone quite quickly.

Take advantage of the fast passes and plan accordingly and you will have a great time.

We went Oct 22-28 and it was great! I didn't think the crowds were bad at all, and the weather was nice - although it was really hot and humid at the end of the week.

We were there Oct 2-9th this year, had a great time. Weather was perfect, warms temps and low humidity. We have been multiple times in October and this was by far the most crowded but still very managable. I found that even though it felt crowded getting thru the public areas the rides themselves didn't have huge wait times. Of course we utilized FP for major rides but I don't think we waited more than 20 mins for anything all week. We actually walked straight onto POTC two different times during the week.

We were on the QSDP and really enjoyed using our snack credits at F&W. DS11 still talks about all the various 'snacks' he tried from around the world.

We didn't do MNNSHP this trip but have in the past and would highly recommend it. We think it's one of the best things to do at WDW.

As you can tell I think Oct is a great time to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter