How is Mama Melrose at HS?

There was a miscommunication of some sort there.
You should not have had to share 1 dessert trio, each of you should have gotten one. We just did this and each member of our group got their own trio and we have each time we have done this in the past, even when an app was included.
do you (or anyone) know if there are kid dessert options? thinking of doing the F! package here and the kid will be a disney adult at 10, but wondering if he could get something he would actually like subbed. He won't like orange cake or tiramisu or lemon cheesecake... he doesn't like citrus or coffee. A cupcake with a meatball that looks like a crime scene is more his speed.

I love Mama Melrose's! I get the steak every time and it has always been delicious! It's always busy for dinner when I go and have come to expect to be seated late. It's no big deal really.

I believe it still includes an app if you are on the deluxe dining plan. We like it there. I enjoy just looking at the walls and the surroundings. The food is not bad. Better than Tony's thats for sure.

do you (or anyone) know if there are kid dessert options? thinking of doing the F! package here and the kid will be a disney adult at 10, but wondering if he could get something he would actually like subbed. He won't like orange cake or tiramisu or lemon cheesecake... he doesn't like citrus or coffee. A cupcake with a meatball that looks like a crime scene is more his speed.
There were options but I don't remember what all they were. DGD got the meatball thing

I believe it still includes an app if you are on the deluxe dining plan. We like it there. I enjoy just looking at the walls and the surroundings. The food is not bad. Better than Tony's thats for sure.
Probably since the deluxe plan includes one

We have eaten there multiple times and never had a bad meal. I wouldn't put it even close to Tonys, it is much better. Much better than Olive Garden, on par with Tutto Italia, not as good as Il Mulino.
We ate there in October for lunch and had a great meal.

Used to love MM. For years we've gone there and always enjoyed it. But, we had a really bad experience last time we went and I don't want to go again. Their portion sizes this last time were RIDICULOUSLY small, I'm used to Disney prices and we've eaten there many times but their chicken parm was the size of a medallion (like a filet of beef size, maybe 3" diameter) and the spaghetti was all hidden underneath it. Their calamari appetizer is a 100% rip off, I hate to be so negative but it was just unbelievable. They removed our favorite Caesar salad from their menu, replaced their house made Caesar dressing with a "green ranch" dressing. Our dinner was about $80 for two and it was really pathetic. Food quality is okay, service is okay, but if you are paying OOP (as opposed to dining plan) be wary.

Used to love MM. For years we've gone there and always enjoyed it. But, we had a really bad experience last time we went and I don't want to go again. Their portion sizes this last time were RIDICULOUSLY small, I'm used to Disney prices and we've eaten there many times but their chicken parm was the size of a medallion (like a filet of beef size, maybe 3" diameter) and the spaghetti was all hidden underneath it. Their calamari appetizer is a 100% rip off, I hate to be so negative but it was just unbelievable. They removed our favorite Caesar salad from their menu, replaced their house made Caesar dressing with a "green ranch" dressing. Our dinner was about $80 for two and it was really pathetic. Food quality is okay, service is okay, but if you are paying OOP (as opposed to dining plan) be wary.
How long ago? We had typical large portions last weekend and actually consider MM one of the better bargains and we only pay OOP, never use dining plan as we don't believe it to be a cost saver. Even has the calamari app and was shocked at how large the pieces were. They go through many chef changes so you may have hit a down turn. Or been a one off meal. They all have them, unfortunately. We've hit a few places like that ourselves and when you hit one of them, you have a hard time giving the place another chance.

We've eaten there many times and always enjoy it. Sometimes a little slow in seating but service has always been good and the food quality excellent! I know people compare the Italian restaurants to Olive Garden and perceive it as low quality, but we're not picky eaters and we do enjoy Olive Garden!

How long ago? We had typical large portions last weekend and actually consider MM one of the better bargains and we only pay OOP, never use dining plan as we don't believe it to be a cost saver. Even has the calamari app and was shocked at how large the pieces were. They go through many chef changes so you may have hit a down turn. Or been a one off meal. They all have them, unfortunately. We've hit a few places like that ourselves and when you hit one of them, you have a hard time giving the place another chance.

It was the last week of November 2017. Haven't been back since.

There is a local restaurant where I once ordered my standard, a salad with a steak skewer. The steak skewer is $10 (I live in a tourist area) so when I got literally 5 pieces about 3/4" x 3/4" burnt to a crisp I was like WTH? I couldn't get the waitress and just stewed on it then complained on my fb page. Small community, the owner contacted me directly and said they had someone new in the kitchen and he misunderstood how to cut the meat and it was a mistake. Also offered to buy me a whole new meal but I didn't feel right about that. It happens at restaurants, they have someone new who does stuff wrong and unfortunately if you're the one impacted, that becomes your point of view. Next time I went back things were back to normal and I got 5 nice big juicy medium rare chunks like I was expecting. Still overpriced. It was in summer though so I did jump to the conclusion that it was intentional cost savings to fleece the tourists who are one and done generally, but it turns out it was not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter