How is Hooks Pointe restaurant at DLH?

SilverCeladon

Mouseketeer
My dad really wants to eat here because the reviews in the Passporter are pretty good. What do you think? Should I go ahead and make a reservation?

We had dinner there recently. It's fine, and the service and food are good, but there's really nothing very special about it - everything is kind of generic. Not the place that I'd choose for a "special" dinner, but if you are just looking for a nice place to eat it's good. The warm chocolate chip cookie dessert is really good, though - it's crisp on the outside but still warm and gooey inside. BIG, too - I think it's enough for two people. They have a really amazing selection of fancy alcoholic drinks, too.

If there are kids in your party then one of the best things about Hook's Pointe is that the kid's meal comes with a light-up straw - either Hook or Tinker Bell. I wanted one of those! :-)

I called DL to try to make a PS at Hook's Point and was told that they are closed on Sundays and Mondays. :sad2:

We actually love Hook's Pointe. I enjoy the atmosphere and we have always had exceptional service. Its not the most extensive menu in the world but I sort of like that. I get so tired of going to restaurants that have these 20 page books for menu's! I had the grilled scallops last time and they were some of the best I have had. Its pricey, but we find its priced fine for what you get as far as food quality and service.

It's ok, nothing special. I thought the service was great, but the food was average. It reminded me of any typical seafood place at a beach resort town. I don't enjoy the 20 page menu places either, but I do expect smaller menus to be extrodinary, and it just wasn't.

Not bad, but not special.

yeah, that's what I figured. It got good reviews from the Passporter and we'll probably try it anyways. Thanks for the answers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter