How is Hollywood & Vine??

waltdisneyworlddreamer

100% WDW Fanatic
Looking for a good buffet. We already are planning on Crystal Palace. BIL doesn't like seafood, so that rules out Cape May Cafe. We did Chef Mickey's last time. IMHO I would have to say I wasn't impressed.

Anyone been to H & V?

If you didn't care for Chef Mickey's I don't think you would like H & V. It was not very clean, fresh or good. I would never go back voluntarily.

I didn't like H&V either. The menu is very limited fir a buffet and the food was not very fresh. I liked chef Mickey's but did not like H&V at all.

I didnt think H&V was that bad, not that great but the price was very good. While it was a buffet the options were not that many, had a kids buffett too which was cute to watch the kids at theirs and they had a sundae bar..

It has been a couple of years since we ate there, so it may have gone downhill since then, but we were very pleasantly surprised by H&V. Everything we tried was fresh and tasty, especially for a buffet, and there was a good deal of variety. In fact, we didn't even get to try everything that looked good to us - we got too full. I'm a vegetarian with a picky DH and a couple of picky DS's, and we were all pleased. I can't compare it to Chef Mickey's because we haven't been there.

We ate at H&V about 2 weeks ago and I thought it was pretty good. The food was fresh and I liked the selections, I thought it was a step up from Chef Mickey's/

I love Hollywood and Vine! The buffet is huge and has different (more "gourmet") selections than you can find at most other buffets on Disney property. Everything was very fresh and tasty. I would definitely recommend it. :teeth:

My family and I visited H&V last March. It was okay. The food was fairly tasty and none of us left hungry. I was "wowwed" by it though. I was much more impressed by Crystal Palace though.

Overall, it is a decent meal and you won't go hungry. Personally, I just felt that we had better meals elsewhere. I hope this helps.

We have eaten there several times and the food was hot fresh and yummy. My daughter loves the peel and eat shrimp. We will be dining there in a few weeks and can't wait.

Glad to hear the positive postings. I just booked H & V for the first time for our last night in October, mainly for the proximity to Fantasmic, seems like we have missed it every trip lately due to dining conflicts. How close does the current menu follow what's posted on www.allearsnet.com?

I wouldn't rule out Cape May. I don't like seafood either and I found more than enough choices. They had a good variety. I can't compare to the other buffets because I haven't visited them but Cape May was satisfactory.

Crystal Palace is our favorite, glad to see you are having dinner there. I MUCH preferred H&V to CM. I thought the food was much more interesting and way better tasting. CM was not as clean at all when we were there! Funny how every experience is different.

We did H&V last June with the Fantasmic package, and we were not thrilled. The food was ok - I found myself eating from the kids buffet! I would say it was our worst meal while down there.

rcraw45425 said:
How close does the current menu follow what's posted on www.allearsnet.com?

We got great service here, we really liked the food. I have a picky teen who only eats Mac and Cheese, the waiter saw what she ate, and even though she's 17, he charged her as a child! :goodvibes

kellyf2626 said:
We did H&V last June with the Fantasmic package, and we were not thrilled. The food was ok - I found myself eating from the kids buffet! I would say it was our worst meal while down there.

I couldn't agree more. We just returned from a 9 day WDW vacation 2 days ago and we ate at so many of the restaurants and H & V was the worst of all! I think its the only WDW restaurant that I would never return to. It was horrible! My 4 children agree w/DH & I too!

rcraw45425 ~ We'll be there in October also. Did you just make ressies at H&V or are you doing the Fantasmic package. We're thinking about the Fantasmic package but I haven't tried to schedule it yet.

I just maded regular reservations, was told all packages were sold out. I plan to keep trying, both for a later seating and hopefully for a package. Hopefully they will release both closer to the actual date.

H & V is much more gourmet type food than CM or the other buffet places, so it may not appeal to everyone. We love it, it has the most wonderful seafood penne pasta, marinated steak tips and the best sweet potatoes I have ever had (with a root beer glaze on them, and I do not like sweet potatoes).

It is not a character meal, so that will not appeal to some and they do not have a huge selection of things like fried chicken, meatloaf or other more American food type selections.

Inside it is very retro with metal chairs and looks like a Hollywood diner back in the Golden Years of Hollywood.

We ate there for Thanksgiving in 2004 (I highly recommend it for turkey day) and for our anniversary this year.... :sunny:

I didn't think there was anything gourmet about H&V. It was ok. I even made the comment that if I had wanted ok buffet food, we should have gone to Chef Mickey's and at least see characters!

We love the variety and quality of H&V and always go there. I guess anyplace has a bad night but H&V had a huge variety of things to try and not just the usual buffet items either. Try it again sometime. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter