How is Hertz in Port Canaveral?

Rock'n Robin

Disney Queen
My dad has booked 2 minivans for our party from Sanford airport to PC, then 3 cadillacs from PC to Sanford the day we return (no minivans available). Budget had nothing available except small cars the day we returned and he didn't want that, plus he doesn't want to switch agencies. How is the Hertz service? DH and BIL will drop the other 9 of us at the terminal and then get the shuttle back to check in, how is the wait? We plan on getting to the terminal by 10 and want them to get back ASAP.
Robin M.

we have used hertz a number of times, picking up at mco and returning at port canaveral. we have never had any problems. the shuttle is usually available to take you right to the port. returning the car was easy and not time consuming. we're using hertz again this summer also.

How far is Hertz from the Port? Is it much further than Avis or Budget?

Hertz is about a 10 minute ride from the ship. I haven't used any other agencies because I have been very happy with Hertz. The have been prompt and courteous. I think the are all very close to each other though because I know I have seen the signs.

I spoke with the Hertz manager when I was in Cape Canaveral this past weekend. The Cape Canaveral Hertz office is corporate-owned (the local Avis is a franchise), so they're definitely able to move inventory around between branches to make sure they've got the cars on hand to satisfy their reservations. The manager even told me about somebody who'd showed up without a reservation that morning and had a very specific need. They were able to get the car he needed brought up from MLB in less than 45 minutes. Hertz manages about 40 rentals on any given port day, so they're definitely tuned to give folks good service.

We booked Hertz for our upcoming cruise (Eastern, May 15) and I called the other day to confirm the reservations and the agent wanted to let me know that their prices had gone down and that we would get our rental for about half the original price quoted. We are now getting a full size car for $24.99, one way rental from Orlando airport. Not too bad!

Tracy

WOW Tracy, did you use a certain code? That is a GREAT price.

Joanna

We used a coupon out of our Entertainment book. I would send you the code but it states that you have to have the coupon at check-in to get the rate. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter