How is February? Weather? Crowds?

txtink17

Sticks and stones, Luv.
We've been the last twice in early May and this year it was very crowded and hot. I was thinking about going in Feb. 2007, but wanted to know more about the weather. Is it cold? What type of clothing do you need? And I was wondering about the crowds, we want to go either Feb. 3-10 or 10-17, because I know Presidents' Day is the 19th, so we gotta be outta there by then.

You know I went with my fiance ( then gf) in febuary a few years back and its was great. Lines for food where longer then lines for rides, just be out of there by prez day weekend. I would go the earliest dates you can.

CLiff

We're going Feb 3-9 because friends of ours were there last year at that time and said it was great. No lines, no unbearable heat & humidity. Might be a little chilly for swimming (they went once) but they said the temps were comfortable enough for shorts during the day (low 70's). They said that you definitely need pants and jackets/sweatshirts for later.

On a side note, we can't decide where to stay so when I called resevations the other day they said that rooms were booking fast for that week for some reason. Something about conventions and increased volume for the Pirate/Princess parties. The least expensive available room for WL was courtyard and a standard view at a few others were booked as well. Packages are coming out on Sunday so I need to make up my mind.

Good luck! :goodvibes

We go every Feb and love it. The really aren't any crowds. However this year the super bowl is in Florida so it might have a few more people than normal. The weather is iffy. The afternoons are warm but the evenings and mornings you will need a sweatshirt so layer your clothes. I haven't booked for this year yet but it looks like I had better fast. We always stay at POR and love it.

We love :goodvibes to go the beginning of February (end of January) because the weather is usually very comfortable and the crowds are bearable. The rates and the crowds increase as Presidents' weekend approaches.

Yea for FEB!!!! getting ready to book this week for Feb 3-10. We are so excited. Those pools won't be too cold for us! We will be coming from an average temp of 30 degrees. It will feel like a lukewarm bath! :banana: :banana: :banana:

We went during President's week of 2004. I agree with your decision to stay away from President's Day week. It was pretty crowded, not miserable, but more crowded than I like!

Most days we wore shorts and long sleeved shirts or sweatshirts. We did swim most days. It wasn't bad during the day, but was pretty cool at night. Our last day there though, was gorgeous. We hung out at the beach at the Grand Floridian all afternoon. I would say it was in the mid 80's and sunny.

I would say February is fairly iffy, but overall the weather was nice, and if you can avoid the crowds I would go for it!

We went for a 4 day weekend right at the beginning of Feb a few years ago. While the weather was not entirely on our side (50s & drizzly the first 3 days, sunny and 80 the last, although all the bus drivers were talking about how unusual it was to have the rain at that time), I have to say it was more than made up for by the utter lack of crowds & lines. We walked onto EVERYTHING, even Test Track (except when it kept closing because of the drizzle). My advice, take advantage of the unpredictable weather by doing MK on your sunny days and heading to Epcot if it rains -- so much of it is indoors that you won't even notice the weather. Enjoy & have a great trip! :sunny:

We went February 9-16 2002, and the weather was great! One day we had some rain, but nice temps, my kids swam in the pool every night. I would not hesitate to go again at that time of the year

So the days up to Presidents Day are ok?? We're thinking of being there starting the Wednesday before and leaving Presidents day. thanks

Dont forget the Daytona 500 is near Presidents Day also ( I think the same weekend) We decided on Jan 27 for 6 nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter