How is Disney Quest?

6bowmans

Mouseketeer
DVC Platinum
Not sure if this is the correct board, but what is your opinion of Disney Quest? The 5 kids range from 12 to 20, and we adults are in our 40s. Our plan is to just drop the kids off for 4-5 hours with money for food and go shopping in DTD.

Not sure if this is the correct board, but what is your opinion of Disney Quest? The 5 kids range from 12 to 20, and we adults are in our 40s. Our plan is to just drop the kids off for 4-5 hours with money for food and go shopping in DTD.

They will enjoy it.

4-5 hours is more then enough time to enjoy it all.

We're 2 adults with APs, and we just did Disney Quest for the first time this past month. We thought we would only spend an hour or two, but I think we were probably there a good 3-4 hours! Every time we thought we'd seen it all, there was another room of games. I think a group of kids that age would have no trouble spending a few hours there.

I wouldn't pay the admission price to get in, unless it is already included in your tickets. The place from what I remember, is getting a little outdated. There are some fun things but it's really like a big acrade at the mall, only with multiple floors.

I wouldn't pay the admission price to get in, unless it is already included in your tickets. The place from what I remember, is getting a little outdated. There are some fun things but it's really like a big acrade at the mall, only with multiple floors.

I agree with the PP. I wouldn't pay to get in. We went because it was included with our "waterpark fun and more" tickets. My son who LOVES video games was had an O.K. time, but I definitely wouldn't say that he loved it. My daughter was bored after about 30 minutes.

yeah the only time we did it we had the wp&m on our ticket
and unless we have the options on the ticket we proably wont do it again

and the wait time for some of the games can be insaine worse thena regular arcade as you dont have to worry about running out of quarters

My family loves DQ. Ds 11 would go every weekend if he could. There is a great variety of games; old school and new. Pirates is great. DS loves astroblasters. Plenty to do. Food is ok. Burgers, fries, chicken tenders. We upgraded to PAPs and never regretted it. Have a great trip.

We have been a couple of times and will never go back. It's nothing more than an arcade that is always very crowded, long lines for things like the pirate ride, and it's SO loud!

The only problem with your plan is that when you hear the kids talking about the games and experiences at DisneyQuest, you'll be jealous and sad that you didn't join them! :lmao:

My girlfriend and I enjoy DQ. We usually spend a few hours there on a day we go to DTD. Yes it's loud, it's an arcade. Nothing more, nothing less. There is a pretty big variety in the games, from old school to the more recent. We usually get there just before it opens (around 10AM) and stay for a few hours (we usually have a late lunch at WPE which is pretty close by). The crowds are not usually heavy when it first opens. Is it worth the price to get in? It depends on what you make of your time there, we think it is. If you have WP&M option on your tickets it is deffinately worth a visit.

I would recommend going earlier rather than later. My experience has typically been right about the time they open, and it allowed us to do most things without much of a wait, and we managed to spend about 3 or so hours there.

That is also a good time to go shopping. The stores aren't crazy crowded!

For those who said that Disney Quest is "just an arcade"... have any of you actually been inside of there for more than 2 seconds? Sure, there are a whole bunch of standard arcade games. But there are many things there that you can't find in an arcade in your local mall. Even Dave & Busters doesn't have the type of non-arcade attractions that Disney Quest has. From my point of view, comparing Disney Quest to a typical arcade is like comparing the Magic Kingdom to a traveling parking lot carnival.

For those who said that Disney Quest is "just an arcade"... have any of you actually been inside of there for more than 2 seconds? Sure, there are a whole bunch of standard arcade games. But there are many things there that you can't find in an arcade in your local mall. Even Dave & Busters doesn't have the type of non-arcade attractions that Disney Quest has. From my point of view, comparing Disney Quest to a typical arcade is like comparing the Magic Kingdom to a traveling parking lot carnival.

I've been inside and still think it's a arcade. It's bigger but it's still an arcade.

I would not pay out of pocket to go.

1) It's insanely loud and chaotic. Most of the time, parents leave their kids and either do dtd or find a place to park, so you're left with large crowds of kids running at top speed and yelling.

2) outside of a few virtual reality rides on the bottom floor, that always have very long lines, it's arcade games. You do have the giant pinball game that you use your body as the controller but that's it.

3) most of the games are for solitary players. My kids get more than enough time playing wii and PS3 at home. Disney for me is a time to do things the entire family can do . video games is not it.

4) I thought the best part was the elevator ride with Genie. 'nuff said.

We'll go if its raining outside but my kids rather do dtd and I definitely wouldn't leave a park to do it.

It is fun to do. It is definitely a 2-4 hour activity. They have fun stuff but if you get motion sick or don't like super physical activity then there is less to do. There are some virtual reality games like Aladin's Carpet, Sword Game, and arcades. The is the Astro Game where two people get into a car and shoot balls at opponents like bumper cards. Sort of. LOL!
We get it as a WPF&More so it is a one afternoon thing when we shop at DTD. The other days it is way better to go to water parks BB and TL. But it is fun if you like video games.

And like the pp said the Genie in the elevator is fun. But it is only a 5 minute cartoon. Maybe less. A 3 minute cartoon as you ride up the elevator.

Merry Christmas and I hope you have fun!

merry_christmas_animated.gif

I've been inside and still think it's a arcade. It's bigger but it's still an arcade.

2) outside of a few virtual reality rides on the bottom floor, that always have very long lines, it's arcade games. You do have the giant pinball game that you use your body as the controller but that's it.

3) most of the games are for solitary players. My kids get more than enough time playing wii and PS3 at home. Disney for me is a time to do things the entire family can do . video games is not it.

I know there are a lot of people that don't enjoy Disney Quest, but I think the #2 and #3 points above don't accurately represent what there is to do.

In addition to the giant pinball game there's a Pirates game that allows a group of up to 5 to play together. Jungle Cruise allows up to 4 riders. The Astro Blasters is on the 3rd floor and that has cars of 2. How about the truck game where each person has their own steering wheel and try to work together to drive a small jeep through a maze?

In addition, you can record your own "demo" song in a recording booth, design your own roller coaster and then ride it in a 2 person simulator, and my daughter loves to take the hourly drawing class in which an instructor teaches a group to draw different Disney characters.

Again, I know a lot of people don't enjoy Disney Quest, but our family finds much, much more than than "just a big arcade". It's confusing, and takes a bit of exploring, but there's a lot of stuff to do, and our entire family visits it at least once per Disney vacation.

I think it is a gloryfied arcade, nothing else and yes, I was there. It may have more interesting things to do then a mall but I cannot justify spending time there when you are on vacation to Disney. Yes if you plan day off parks anyway and want to do DTD and have DQ tickets included anyway, stop by and check things out but make sure you have Advil on you, you will need it.

My kids who are 15 & 22 and love video games thought Disney Quest was okay. The biggest problem is that it is VERY crowded, and we there at the very end of Aug when the crowds are not that bad. It is VERY noisy and lines are long. If you have a WP&M option on your ticket I would go and check it out. I would NOT pay out of pocket. Go as soon as they open.

We have a 4 and 5 year old... is there anything really for them to do there??? We are going to be going DTD and have the "Extra" day at DQ... and well from the sounds of it it doesnt seem to be a good place for that age group???

Is there a inside map available online for DQ like they do for the other parks..

♥Tinkerbell♥;39296507 said:
We have a 4 and 5 year old... is there anything really for them to do there??? We are going to be going DTD and have the "Extra" day at DQ... and well from the sounds of it it doesnt seem to be a good place for that age group???

Is there a inside map available online for DQ like they do for the other parks..

Not sure if it's appropriate to post links to other sites, but there's a website called mickeyxtreme that not only has a map, but also shows some of the attractions that are at Disney Quest that are not the typical video games. Follow the links to Walt Disney World, Downtown Disney, West Side, and then scroll down to the link for pictures and maps in the Disney Quest section.

The upper level has an entire area of games for younger children, but they are the typical child arcade style games.

Except for "Sids Create a Toy", I can't think of much for that age except the childrens arcade games.

My sons, both serious gamers who enjoy arcades, went there a few years ago when they were in their early 20's. They hated it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter