How is Crystal Palace for dinner?

We had breakfast at CP last trip and it was fantastic. Probably my favorite character meal of the trip. Unfortunately DH and DD don't want to do many character breakfasts next trip so that they can sleep in :confused3. On our Magic Kingdom day I have WCC scheduled but thinking of switching to Crystal Palace. (We have either tried or are not interested in the other MK/ monorail choices for dinner)

Just a note: While I love the Pooh characters DD5 and DH don't really care either way as long as they have food to eat. They are somewhat picky.

Thanks!

We've done both breakfast and dinner there. The characters were great, the food was great. You shouldn't have an issue:thumbsup2

LOVE this place. Its always a must. We have done lunch and dinner there and have never been disappointed. Even the biggest Pooh fans love the menu in my house. We are trying breakfast this next time around. then we will be complete lol.

we always do Crystal Palace with or without the grandkids ......we go with other adults too....Love the place, the atmosphere and the food....very very good and the characters only play more if you play more, when you are adults without kids

We ate dinner at CP last week and did not love it. Like other posters have said, everyone has different tastes, likes, and dislikes, but for us, the quality and taste of the food was not up to par. I thought the choices for desserts were quite limited and not very good. That being said, personally, I dine at Disney for the atmosphere and varied, themed, settings, not the food. All in all, it wasn't the worst meal I ever ate, but wasn't great either. The charachter interaction was great though!

Dinner at CP is ok, I prefer breakfast much more though. Exception: the salmon for dinner rocks hard!!!

I could change your WCC to CP for dinner simply b/c I wouldn't want to leave the park for a few hours on my only MK day. It will take about 2.5-3 hours for transportation & dinner from MK to WL for WCC & I'd just rather spend that time in MK. That said, I think you'll still enjoy CP. It wasn't my favorite dinner, but I liked the salad bar, a few hot items, & desserts. Plus, the character interactions that I've had there were great. Have a great trip!

I am not normally a buffet person, but I think that CP is quite good. I especially like the fire roasted corn spoon bread and the salmon.

To the people who enjoy the food at crystal palace...have you eaten at any the Disney restaurants? After a week of dining at disney the only restaurants i wont be returning to are crystal palace and mama melrose. I just thought the food there wasn't very good, as someone before said i can get better food at any local buffet
No need to be a jerk.

I have eaten at most of WDW's restaurants and CP remains a family favorite. The pre made salads are excellent. I don't frequent buffets at home, but do do them at Disney for the character interaction. The only buffet I won't return to is Hollywood and Vine, Chef Mickey's is not so hot but I get out voted on that one. The Disney buffets are all decent, sure some are better than others, but they are buffets. I've never eaten at a buffet and had the best food ever, not even in Las Vegas.

OP, the best way to approach Disney food is to lower your expectations, that way 98% of the time you will be pleasantly surprised with the experience.

I was so disappointed when we had to take a dinner reservation because it was the only thing available. I have heard amazing things about breakfast at this restaurant. Well, we went for dinner and it was fantastic. We all loved it. Now, I don't even try to get breakfast. We automatically book dinner. The adobo pork alone makes this restaurant a must do for me.

As I was reading some of the comments on this thread I brought my soon to be eight-year-old into it by asking her opinion. She absolutely loves this restaurant. "Daddy, it is like the cafeteria but I get to pick what I want and how much of it." That pretty much describes her feeling on most of the buffets. When we eat at a counter service I get to her complaints about the children's menu choices. The table service menus for children are better but not the same as a buffet where she gets to pick.

That usually means; macaroni & cheese, some fruit, rolls with lots of butter, smashed potatoes, carrots and maybe some roast beef. Of course, it will end with an ice cream sundae that would make any dietician cringe.

We enjoy dinner at CP! The characters are nice, but we've had good experiences with the food, as well. Overall, they have a good selection of food from quite plain to more flavour.

I'm a horrendously picky eater--plain, no foods mixed together. I love the salmon at CP! And I find enough other items--although some are rather salty to my taste, but most restaurant food is--to make me happy. :)

My BFF and travel buddy is much more adventurous, and she finds enough to keep her interested. While her taste buds are in heaven with spicy foods, her stomach tends to rebel these days.

It's the one buffet we usually will visit at WDW. :)

We have always enjoyed Crystal Palace. We can find something for each of us and we are a family of 5 and we all leave satisfied. This is one of the places that my kids ask to go back to.:)

We like CP too! We always go twice per trip.The food is pretty good,although not gourmet(don't like sticks,brush,and drizzle too much anyhow-they give you that instead of food),and as OP's have said,there is something for everyone.We like having the variety instead of being "locked in" to one entree.Our last WDW meal is always at CP-new family tradition 3 years going strong!:goodvibes

We love CP for dinner. I can say that sometimes they get a bit behind on their ADR in the evening so don't plan anything too close to your ADR time. The last 2 times we were seated over 30 minutes past our ADR time. Doesn't ruin our dinner though and we still go back every time!!

I thought it was the worst dining experience at Disney. It took 30 minutes to check in for our reservation (made 90 days beforehand), then another 75 minute wait to be seated.

Inside, the floors and tables were dirty with the previous diners' leftovers. The quality of the food was subpar, compared to some of the previous meals on the trip (Tusker House - wonderful, Biergarten - delicious). And the high noise level didn't help.

Never again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter