How is Chef Mickey's for dinner?

TinkerMarie

Earning My Ears
I really only see breakfast reviews. What sort of things are on the buffet at dinner, and are they edible?

I've seen lots of bad reviews on here. We just ate there for the 2nd time in October and had no problems. We went in knowing we were going to have so so food. Food was fine. Character interaction was awesome. DD had a blast. We're going back in May for dinner.

We went there for dinner in early December and the food was unremarkable. I enjoyed our breakfast experiences better (maybe because I prefer breakfast foods).

The one dinner dish that I had that stood out was a thai chicken. They pretty standard pasta, carving stations, kids section (mac and cheese, nuggets, etc). The kids liked the ice cream station.

You can see the menus from the Disney World home page.

Here is an attempt at adding a link (not sure if this will work):

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/contemporary-resort/chef-mickeys/menus/dinner/

We've only ever gone for dinner. The food is fine. It is typical buffet quality food, nothing special. The desserts are the best part IMO. I love the little Oreo mousse Mickeys.
Expect a wait. It usually takes quite a while to be seated.

We've done both and prefer breakfast but we found nothing wrong with dinner. Perhaps nothing remarkable but nothing wrong! We went for ds's 8th birthday to dinner at CM because we wanted a fun experience for him...and it was! We enjoyed it but probably wouldn't repeat dinner there simply because of $$.

Our Ratings of Chef Mickey's: (rev 4/13/2012)
. . . food price value: D
. . . food quality: D
. . . food quantity per serving: A
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: B
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: C
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: C

NOTE: As with most character meals, you are paying for the characters,
and possibly atmosphere, but not the food. Food is ample, but quality only
average or even slightly below. Unfortunately, we believe the food quality
has gone down hill significantly. During this visit, the characters really
breezed through, and did not spend a lot of time with the children. Even
with our opinion that CM has gone downhill, this meal took the bar even
below our worst thoughts.

I thought the food was good, nothing remarkable, but good. Pretty basic items and carving stations. The characters were great and made the dining experience lots of fun. We did 5 character meals last trip and Chef Mickey's was probably the kids favorite. We would go again on DDP... If OOP, perhaps not worth the price. The only thing I really didn't like was when they came table to table trying to sell the photo they took before they sat us with the Mickey figure, for (IMO) an obscene price. I just don't care for the sales pitch thing. But no big deal. Still a very enjoyable experience.

even if you're not on the dining plan - it's a great character meal - we only go for dinner - i like that i can have as much salmon that i want - while my husband can get prime rib - and my son gets mickey ravioli (a change from mac & cheese) and characters - it is buffet - and it has to be good for the general public because it is a character meal - so it's not going to be gourmet - but we've been going there for 20 years (even when it was in dtd) - and we've always had good food & fun

We liked it both times we were there. The characters were great, the food was good and the guy who brought us to our table was super nice. We would go again anytime.

Honestly, I thought the food was pretty awful, and I'm not generally too bothered by food. It was really strange to me. BUT, with that said, my DD had a wonderful experience there specifically (she fell down while getting dessert and Minnie helped her up with a hug and kiss... she has NOT stopped talking about it since 2 years ago!). The other characters were good, too, and despite the food, we're planning another visit there on our trip in a few weeks. My DD is extremely happy to see Minnie there again. :) So hopefully we just had a really bad night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter