How is Capt Cooks at the Poly for lunch???

BABYJOSIE98

DIS Veteran
This is our first stay at the Poly coming up in December. Our first day we plan too eat a late counter service lunch before heading too MK...We have the Wishes dessert party planned for that evening.

I was looking at the Capt Cooks menu and it looks pretty good....The pulled pork and stir fry noodles with chicken sounds good.

I also saw we can get Dole whip there..................;)

The menu sounds pretty good....

We had an ADR for Kona, but I switched that too Chef's at Epcot on Friday. Is this a mistake??? We do plan too have breakfast at Kona on Saturday morning...:goodvibes

I heard the pulled pork sandwich at Capt Cooks is the same they serve at Kona? Is this true?

Thanks for any advice?

Michelle

The pulled pork sandwich is good! I have never eaten at Kona so I do not know if it is the same, but it was tasty. I also enjoyed the turkey sandwich on multigrain bread and the flatbread of the day.

Have fun!

They don't offer a pulled pork sandwich at Kona Cafe as far as I know.

They don't offer a pulled pork sandwich at Kona Cafe as far as I know.

You are correct...Just went and looked at the menu...Maybe I read that on an old thread?????:confused3 I know I read that somewhere??? Who knows...So much info too take in when planing these trips...:upsidedow LOL

Oh well it sounds good from Capt Cooks......I may have too try it.

I am definetly doing breakfast at Kona......:thumbsup2

Thanks,
Michelle

I really liked the food there. The club sandwich and chips was really good as was the Hawaiian pizza. I didn't try the pulled pork, although I had one in the CL and it was very good - I bet it's the same so.

My group has always liked Capt. Cook's. We always make an attempt to eat there at least once every trip. I'm a sushi fan, so I always end up getting that!

On our last trip we had a quick lunch and had the club and grilled cheese and both were really good!

We like Captain Cooks because it has different choices unlike most other counter service places. I love the stir fry noodles!

We ate early dinner there last week before MNSSHP and it was great - best CS of trip.

I had the adult grilled cheese and chips and DH the pulled pork and chips. I liked that it was cooked to order - you ordered on a touch screen, paid and were given a buzzer then picked up the food. Both had dole whips for dessert - you get a cup when you pay and fill it yourself when you are ready.

Portions imo were large - could easily split the pulled pork at lunch.

it was quiet when we went, clean and a nice place to sit and eat.

Ooooh, how exciting! We are staying at Poly for 1st time in 2 weeks :cool1: I was hoping the CS was great at Poly! Not to hijack your thread, but how is the breakfast at Capt. Cooks?

I am not a sandwich eater, but for some reason love Cap'n Cook's adult grilled cheese.:cloud9::rotfl: I will sometimes make a special trip over there from MK just to get that sandwich.

Ooooh, how exciting! We are staying at Poly for 1st time in 2 weeks :cool1: I was hoping the CS was great at Poly! Not to hijack your thread, but how is the breakfast at Capt. Cooks?

Try to answer both thread thoughts at the same time. The CS at Capn Cooks is awesome, Flatbread of the day is incredible, the aloha pork sandwich is heaven (The pork is the same as the Luau, not Kona, maybe what OP had seen) and the Dole Whip is available, both as a snack and a dessert.

Breakfast is equally awesome, with the Tonga Toast our favorite, breakfast platters are also available. We pop over on the monorail from MK all the time!

Try to answer both thread thoughts at the same time. The CS at Capn Cooks is awesome, Flatbread of the day is incredible, the aloha pork sandwich is heaven (The pork is the same as the Luau, not Kona, maybe what OP had seen) and the Dole Whip is available, both as a snack and a dessert.

Breakfast is equally awesome, with the Tonga Toast our favorite, breakfast platters are also available. We pop over on the monorail from MK all the time!

Thank you..It all sounds great..We do plan too have breakfast there also....:goodvibes
We just stayed at AKV and Mara also had some great choices for Counter service and you get so much food...I am excited too stay at the Poly...It i has been my dream for a long time...Thank goodness I got a 40% off code!

Thank you..It all sounds great..We do plan too have breakfast there also....:goodvibes
We just stayed at AKV and Mara also had some great choices for Counter service and you get so much food...I am excited too stay at the Poly...It i has been my dream for a long time...Thank goodness I got a 40% off code!

That's exactly how we're going!! Yaa for 40% off!! :cheer2: It has ALWAYS (since our very first meal at O'hanas in 2006) been our dream to stay at Poly :banana:

I'm the dissenter. Our last 2 trips pre-Poly had been at WL, and we thought the Roarin Forks was pretty good. Our last trip was the Poly, and we were NOT impressed with Captain Cooks. We thought the Roarin Forks put it to shame. By the way if you want a simple burger (as opposed to a double burger which is the only option on the entrees), it is listed on their computer in the "side items". When an entire burger became a side item, I don't know. I will disclaim by stating we did not try the pork or grilled cheese sandwiches. Those might be great, and I will try them next time!

I'm the dissenter. Our last 2 trips pre-Poly had been at WL, and we thought the Roarin Forks was pretty good. Our last trip was the Poly, and we were NOT impressed with Captain Cooks. We thought the Roarin Forks put it to shame. By the way if you want a simple burger (as opposed to a double burger which is the only option on the entrees), it is listed on their computer in the "side items". When an entire burger became a side item, I don't know. I will disclaim by stating we did not try the pork or grilled cheese sandwiches. Those might be great, and I will try them next time!

What was bad at CC? Don't wanna waste any credits on yucky food :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter