How is breakfast in Norway?

Tanya

Mouseketeer
Hello all. Just curious to know everyone's opinion on the Princess breakfast at Akershus... My daughter is 5 and I figure she would enjoy this but I don't feel like hearing hubby complain if the food isnt' good....

We ate there last year and the food was unremarkable, but nothing to complain about either. It filled us up, and since I can't really remember much more about it, it couldn't have been that bad. ;)
We didn't really go for the food though. My DD was 4 at the time and LOVED seeing all the princesses. My only real complaint is that the tables seemed really close together. Every time we got up to take a picture I felt like I was intruding on the families next to us.

Tell your DH even if doesn't appreciate the food, he will probably appreciate Jasmine :teeth:

I agree with the previous poster. We just ate there a few days ago. The meal wasn't really that great, but it wasn't bad either. It was just kind of blah. It was neat to see the princesses but we saw each of them once and then they gave us our check and we basically had to leave. The tables are really close together too. I feel like I'm complaining about it now. It really wasn't that bad. It was a fun experience and the girls loved seeing the princesses. We probably wouldn't do it again though becuz there just wasn't the character interaction we thought there would be. Maybe someone else has had a better character experience though.

We were there over Labor Day. I went to the breakfast with my older daughter and my three year old. I thought the food was horrible. I was not sure how they could screw up eggs and potatoes but they did. The only thing that was decent was the cinnamon rolls. I paid 58.oo for that and the princesses. We were not impressed.

Went last November. I think all the other posters have nailed it. Food was nothing to go for; princesses were. My two DDs went in their princess costumes (we were Not alone with that!) and got their pictures taken with each "princess"--when did Mary Poppins become a princess, anyway? :confused3

It was rushed in that they cycle you in and out of there. . .

Go if you want to enjoy your daughter's face and have the pictures to re-live it again and again. Don't go for the food. :rolleyes:

Hello.
We experienced the Princess Breakfast about three years ago..this was when it first started...it was the best experience we have had in Disney dining. :earsboy: And believe me, we have done em all.
We had a reservation for 9am when the park opened so, everyone was fresh and ready to deal with the little angels, we call our children. :earsgirl:
I thought the Princesses were wonderful!!! Every single princess (with the exception of Belle) spent "time" with my daughter. They were not rushed and they didn't seem in a great big giant hurry to scurry around to all the tables. We were totally impressed with Jasmine and Mulan. These two young ladies went up and beyond the call of a character for my daughter. :wizard: Magical moments here!!!
I actually thought the food was pretty good. FAR FAR BETTER THAN CINDY's. : :listen: The castle is overrated!!!
I don't think things have changed that drastically. I would do this breakfast again.

I guess I have to think about this. I know everyone is going to have different views on things. Maybe I will do it for for my daughter and the "princesses". I'll see. I really wanted to do afternoon tea with my daughter but that is a bit pricey for me.

Thanks again.

We enjoyed the food. Thought it was tasty and there was plenty of it. My son absolutley adores the cinnamon roles. My DH really liked the potato/hashbrowns.

I have to add that is was the best that our girls (4,4,9) ate. It was nice that they served you before the Princesses came out. The girls knew that they would come over to see them. Unlike Chef Mickey's(which we liked) were the kids were worried about missing a Charater. We enjoy this CM very much.

Kae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter