• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How is A Trip During April Vacation?

We have not been at this time, but some good friends of mine go during this time. If April vacation falls before or after Easter week, it is very busy. Our friends like the weather during this time though and don't mind the crowds because they get to the parks when they open and are able to do a ton in the first few hours.

We always go in late april/early May. The weather is always great, and the crowds aren't too bad. Just avoid Easter!

We have gone twice during the MA school vacation week in April. The weather is excellent -- hot, but not too humid. However, the crowds are big, especially if it coincides with Easter, which it will not this year. Most of New England and other parts of the Northeast have the week off. Lots of MA people.

We usually travel in February (president's week). We are on our third month of winter here in CT and going to Florida on that week is always great. We usually have nice weather and it is always better then what is going on in CT. we did travel one year during the April break. The weather is warmer in FL during April but we often have a nice spring week up here in CT. If I'm going to travel to FL I much prefer "trading" a cold, nasty week in February then a nice spring week. the other thing we noticed is that the insects are out in Florida in April, especially the "love bugs". So, we'll keep doing February but I'm sure you'll have a great time in April if you decide to go then. IMHO.

April vacation week is our favorite time to go! The last few years though the air fares have been too high for us but we love it. It's even better when it falls after Easter.

Honestly, we have been in Oct. April, June & July and there are always crowds. We've never found April to be any worse....in fact Oct. was tougher because the parks closed earlier on us so it made our schedule tighter.

Get a plan in place of what you want to see and work around the EMH's, etc. We have stayed off-site for our last few trips and we pick the non-EMH park to go to that day. It's always worked well for us and we also decide ahead of time what attractions we want to see for each park. Grab a fastpass for those first and you're good.

You can get lots of great tips on these boards on how to tackle the crowds and create a game plan. February is too risky for us with weather.....my kids are part fish and they want to swim!
Have fun!

April is wonderful! I would go every April if I could. My DS's first trip was in April (4/22-4/30 2005) He was 4 1/2 at the time. It was an amazing trip :teeth: Weather was wonderful(rain one day but did not spoil any of the fun) :wizard:

We went the last week of March/first week of April this year. The weather was very comfortable. It actually didn't rain at all, but I guess that was unusual. We heard several CM's mention how dry it had been and that they could use some rain. We left a week before Easter, so we didn't hit the Easter crowds, but it was still peak season with lots of spring break crowds. Even so, it was manageable and as always, the key to avoiding long lines was to hit the big rides in the first 2 hours the park was open.

We will go during Patriots Week (3rd week in April) as long as it DOESN'T coincide with the week before or after Easter. I enjoy the weather then, and especially the Flower and Garden Festival if it has begun at Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter