• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How intense is Everest?

I’d rate it a moderate intensity. It’s no where near as intense as the big coasters at parks like Cedar Point, but it’s a bit more intense than rides like big thunder mountain. I’d say if you can handle the mummy at universal Everest should be no problem.

I've never ridden Everest because i'm afraid of it tbh. I need to know how bad is it. I'm most nervous for the drop out of the mountain, and the backwards part a little bit. For comparison, Revenge of the Mummy is my favorite ride at Universal, and I can handle that no problem. I also love Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, and love the Phoenix at Knoebels, which has a 72 foot drop. I know Everest is higher, but it seems to be on a turn which can lessen the stomach feeling. A lot of people say how more intense Everest is to rides like Mummy so I'm worried. I need to know, how bad is it? Also, is the backwards section have a "drop" or is it a turn? I thought it's a turn from videos, but some say it's a "drop." Where also is a good seat to seat for the first time? Thanks.
It is not very intense. It is a great ride. Doesn’t go upside down, is smooth, and you can see what’s going on (vs like spaceship earth). You do go backwards. I’d sit in the middle!

It’s mostly just sharp turns and sudden movements nothing to crazy! As long as you can get through the main drop which isn’t even that intense you will enjoy!

I try to convince my brain by observing
Children smaller than me survive and enjoy
It is not going upside down and is just a lapbar and not lap bar and straps, etc which would signify more danger…
My brain knows it feels like I am spinning but really just a pretend affect and I should laugh or scream out loud. And then the ride stops long enough to regain composure and know that the track is making a switch. and this is supposed to be the Yeti in the shadows , so you better get out of there quickly and the descent is in daylight unless you are riding at night…
. The really cool and fun aspects of this attraction make it worthwhile a few moments of fear. I love when this ride calmly takes off as if it is just a fun daytime trip and then the slow ascent makes you realize it is not a simple scenic trip … and the view at the very top of the entire World especially if you are in the front is spectacular.
Try it just once unless you truly believe you won’t survive… but at least my family will know I was happy til the very end!

The backwards part isn't a drop. It is a weird feeling and pushes you against your seat so it's intense in that way, but it's fine. The actual drop isn't that bad either. I've found that sitting in the very front is helpful because you can see and it's slightly slower (or feels that way at least).

The stomach feeling is my least favorite thing ever but I do fine with Everest.

Everyone's idea of intense is different. My granddaughter could not wait to be tall enough to go on it. She finally hit that mark when she was 5. She sat front row arms up. She was disappointed last trip to Universal. She wasn't tall enough for Rip Ride n Rocket
As she said, she "settled for going on the Mummy again". She is 7 now, and hopefully tall enough hahahahaha. Her next Disney trip, we will be doing Rockin Rollercoaster583582

I did it 4 times in a row this week to open the day: 5 times, I would've puked. The reverse part where it feels as if you are going up towards the end is what gets me. And I am a rollercoaster chicken.

It's a great ride! Unfortunately, I can't seem to handle it well anymore. The only time my equilibrium wasn't off after the ride, was when I rode in the very last car. My Dsis loved EE, but got sick after she rode it the last time. She is prone to motion sickness though. You should give it a try because many people can ride it multiple times with no problems. It's the forward-backward-forward motion and the G-forces that do me in. It may not bother you at all, as everyone is different. Also the view when going up that big hill is amazing :jumping1:
That's very interesting. I have vertigo and motion sickness issues, and the only place I can ride it is in the very front row. The back does me in everytime.

That's very interesting. I have vertigo and motion sickness issues, and the only place I can ride it is in the very front row. The back does me in everytime.
I actually expected the back to be horrible and was surprised it wasn't, at least not for me :faint:

I don't find it very intense, but it does make me feel sick after riding. I really hate that feeling, so I avoid it now. I think it's the backwards part that gets me. Nausea / weakness / unsteady feeling after the ride.

I am so very afraid of heights. Looking at Everest is incredibly intimidating. Since I thought this was our only trip, I went for it. The drop honestly wasn't bad at all. I find the backwards part much more intense. It doesn't so much feel like a drop, as a curve that's got a fair bit of G force behind it.

As others have said, it's a smooth ride. We wound up doing it 4 times in a row. At that point, my poor middle-aged stomach had decided it had enough. It's now my favorite ride on Disney property.

I've never ridden Everest because i'm afraid of it tbh. I need to know how bad is it. I'm most nervous for the drop out of the mountain, and the backwards part a little bit. For comparison, Revenge of the Mummy is my favorite ride at Universal, and I can handle that no problem. I also love Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, and love the Phoenix at Knoebels, which has a 72 foot drop. I know Everest is higher, but it seems to be on a turn which can lessen the stomach feeling. A lot of people say how more intense Everest is to rides like Mummy so I'm worried. I need to know, how bad is it? Also, is the backwards section have a "drop" or is it a turn? I thought it's a turn from videos, but some say it's a "drop." Where also is a good seat to seat for the first time? Thanks.
Isn't the Mummy ride one of those "backwards" roller coasters where you go forward and then come back in the same route...but backwards?

If so, it's the same type of ride....but probably a little more intense. I'm old and am at the point where I can't ride really fast and intense rides where I get motion sickness and even black out a little. But for Everest, I'm okay with it. You should be fine.

The “G” are the worst part, if you want to call it that IMO
way smoother than BTM or SM
more G than RnRC
less stomach movment that SD
all in all great ride but I love coasters

Last edited:
Isn't the Mummy ride one of those "backwards" roller coasters where you go forward and then come back in the same route...but backwards?

If so, it's the same type of ride....but probably a little more intense. I'm old and am at the point where I can't ride really fast and intense rides where I get motion sickness and even black out a little. But for Everest, I'm okay with it. You should be fine.
No, Mummy only has one very, very short backwards part. Essentially just rolling down a small hill, similar to FEA.

I think Mummy is more intense. The drop on Everest doesn't give you that stomach feeling at all. And since the trains are so long, if your sitting towards the front you crawl half way down the drop by the time the back row reaches the top of the drop. Everest's drop is only a few feet higher than Phoenix, and doesn't give you any of the stomach feelings. It's theming is great, but it's really just a bunch of turns and helixes with the one drop that isn't very forceful. I think you will Love it.

Love Everest. I think it's much more fun than Space Mountain and probably about the same intensity. If you can ride Mummy I'd think you'll be fine on Everest. Hulk is a different story . . .

I can ride the Mummy at Universal. My kids convinced me to go on EE as it was "no worse than the Mummy." It was worse for me. I felt nauseous the rest of the day. Never going to do it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter