• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How important is it to YOU to stay on property?

save few bucks just to stay offsite at some cheaper hotel doesn't work for us...the inconvinience of driving TO the park and extra gas and time waste in travel....

As I don't drive, and now I fly and use ME and what a great PLUS that IS! :cool1: I have been staying on-site since 1996! :banana:

If I couldn't stay on site, I'd wait to go until I could...I just love all the Disney resorts and like someone else said, it's part of the magic!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

I've stayed offsite before, but once we stayed at WDW, I can't imagine doing it any other way. I love not having to leave the magic, and not driving! I know other places have shuttles, but I don't mind Disney buses, and if I need to be somewhere fast, I'll call a cab (learned that last trip when DD got sick at Boma and it took 90 minutes to get back to POFQ)!

It's the only way for us too. It's great to have that Disney Magic 24 hours a day!

I vacation at WDW, I don't go to Orlando to visit WDW. When on vacation at WDW I don't want to drive or have to cook, so having a kitchen is not appealing.

I will only stay on site. When we go to DW, we want the total Disney experience.

On site for me is very important. Being "home" at the Boardwalk is great to tuck the wife and kids in and walk down to the ESPN Zone. So far I haven't been arrested for drunken walking.

I agree, the resorts are part of the magic.

My first choice is to stay onsite, but if it is a choice between going an not going then I would stay offsite, but only if it were the only option.

Melissa

It's VERY important. Even if we "venture out" into that other world once or twice during our vacation, once I pass those gates and drop off my problems, I don't pick them up again until after we check out and drive back out. It's kind of a "ritual" letting go for a few days.

While we enjoy being onsite, being offsite isn't a real downer. We know our way around, and we still come and visit and eat at the Disney resorts, watch the EWP, see Bob. Last visit was off, next will be on. We're only staying on, because the rate was a really cheap AP rate. I'd never pay full price to stay at Disney property..just don't think it's worth it. The magic for us, is in being on vacation, whereever that may be. Last trip, having a much nicer room, at Disney discount value rates and a better choice of places to eat (Sheraton, right outside the gates) just a few minutes from Disney was great. We seldom take the buses, as we see no magic in being squished, so if our car returns to a Disney resort or another resort, just doesn't matter. If we are with other people, and they may want to go back to their resort and don't have a car, then Disney property would be a better choice..if I get a discount.

It makes the whole experience for me. I don't even go to other parks when I do Disney. It is a one of kind experience. I love to be swept away in it and feel the magic that is Disney. If you can do it I highly advise it! Wow, I just reread what I wrote and it sounds like I'm having an affair...eeekkk!

we stayed onsite this year and loved it, we are going back for 21 nights next time and have thought about getting a vacation home offsite, or perhaps a condo at cypress pointe or similar, it would probably work out a lot cheaper for us, and a lot of brits do prefer the pool homes when you are staying such a long duration,BUT, we just felt safe and looked after onsite, we loved the theming, the convenience, the themed pools were fab for the kids, the EMH, being able to charge to our room etc. I want to stay at either the Poly of the BC next time so we have monorail access or are able to walk to some parks, but the cost for 21 nights is high even with AP rates, and we've thought of renting points for a one bed villa at BCV for some of the stay for some space and facilities. I so so want to stay onsite but with 2 young kids the vacation home is also drawing me.

very we have only styaed offsite once
at DTD at the doubltetree guest suites
it was great but not the same
we always had stayed on site at a deluxe
we are now trying other resorts
Pop this xmas and a DVC resort next year

We stayed off property thanks to a friend who gave us their timeshare they couldn't use in April. I don't know it I would ever do it again. We spent a week there and didn't feel like I was at Disney. I lost the whole feeling. She offered it to us again for October and I just couldn't do it.

When we go to Disney we stay on-site at Disney, when we go to Universal we stay on-site at Universal. When we just wanted to stay at a hotel for two days for the kids to play we stayed at the Nick Hotel. The Disney Hotels have the DIsney magic and the Universal hotels have FOTL access. Both are perks I couldn't do without.

I will always stay onsite. My first year going with my parents we stayed at one of the DTD hotels. It was nice, but it was not the total experience. The only reason I come to Florida is to enjoy Disney, so I don't understand we would stay off property. Onsite is just as affordable if you do the value resorts. It makes you feel like you are a part of Disney. It just adds to the magic!!

mommykds said:
We have never stayed off site before. Just curious.
You do realize you'll get a completely different answer if you post the same question over in the Orlando Hotels forum ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter