How I told my kids we are going to Disney

That was great. Good job Dad. Here's how I surprised my kids. Picked them up on the last day of school with Disney music blaring on the radio, and my car was painted all festive with Mickey and Minnie's. At first I though my daughter would get a little embarrased, but I was so wrong. She said I ws the coolest mom around for a few days. The teachers also got a kick out of it.
5436146217.jpg

The sides and front window was also painted. Boy were they surprised! The look on their faces were priceless.

That is so much fun! I love suprises too! We too are planning a suprise Halloween trip to Disney in October. We will be picking them up from school early one day and head to the airport. Trying to come up with a way to tell them on the way to the airport! We did a suprise halloween trip to Disney about 4 years ago and it was so much fun. We all love Dinsney even more now so I can't wait to reveal to them our plans. Now to figure out how. Really don't want them to know until that day when we pick them from school. Any suggestions?

have fun on your trip!

That video was great. I wish my husband and I were that creative. We are looking for a way to tell our children about our trip. I feel inspired. :)

that was totally freaking awesome!!!! I got teary eyed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have a blast!

We too are planning a suprise Halloween trip to Disney in October. We will be picking them up from school early one day and head to the airport. Trying to come up with a way to tell them on the way to the airport! Now to figure out how. Really don't want them to know until that day when we pick them from school. Any suggestions?

could you order some Mickey ears, and hand them to your kids in the car? "Here's something you could wear on our trip?" They probably have special Halloween themed ears.

we are planning something simlar with DD, DS, and DNephew in 2010. we simple are going to put sleeping childern on the plane and not tell them till we get to MC D's at MCO. The icing on the cake will be Mamma and Pop Pop waiting around the corner at ME....... It will truely be a trip to remeber.

:laughing:

What an awesome video!!
Everyone's ideas are so great, what lucky kids we all have ;)

DD12 is getting a suprise Disney trip this year. I took her when she was 6, but it was really only 1/2 a day at MK for 2 days...so this will be a BIG one :goodvibes

OK, SO...my plan is...
She needs a new piece of luggage...got it.
On Christmas she is going to get a few gifts (more about that in a min) and the last thing she will open will be her new suitcase...which will be packed.
We leave on Christmas Day and are flying to Orlando...she is going to be beside herself!

OK, gifts!
Needless to say, getting her a trip to Disney is the majority of her Christmas, but there still needs to be a few more items under the tree.
She has never (even when she was little) been a character girl, she doesn't like them.
I would like to get get a few Disney themed gifts to mix in with her other gifts so it will hint to her what the suitcase is going to be for.
Once again...she doesn't like characters...so that limits my options.

I have gotten: A blue photo album with Cinderella's Castle on it in pewter and her name put on it.
A Chronicles of Narnia watch.
A Magic Kingdom coffee mug
The mine, mine, mine shirt (Nemo)

Keeping in mind, I know Disney products are a little more costly, but I don't want to break the bank on these gifts.

Suggestions?
Ideas?
All are welcome!

Also welcome are opinions of the suprise...think it will work?? :)

Oh...and I did get the personalized Disney maps...I will give them to her once she knows what is going on! :cool1:

So excited I can't even stand it!:dance3:

What a great way to surprise your kids. Hope you are having a magical trip! I wish I could surprise my kids, but with kids on the ASD you have to prepare them for everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter