How I Survived 11 Days at WDW with a Disney-Resistant Husband **2/20 THE END **

Food at the Cali Grill looked really yummy! My hubbby and I both enjoy sushi! Love the pics from ur late night shopping trip. To bad you were to full for a sundae. Great update.

Thanks Mary! Sushi is great, isn't it?:goodvibes

WOW! All caught up- wanted you to know I'm still enjoying every minute of your "ride". :goodvibes:goodvibes Looks like you had a FABulous meal at CG, I really hope to get back there someday soon. ::yes:: Great pics of all of you, BTW!:thumbsup2

Thank you! Hope you get back there soon! I can't wait to read about all of the places you and your husband got to on your trip!:)

Just came back from a stay at the Beach Club, and the free wifi is no longer being offered in the lobby or pool area! when we asked about it, the concierge told us that people complained about having free wifi. :confused3 Yeah, i do not think that's the real reason!

Really??? Darn! That is too bad. As for this "due to guest demand" excuse, isn't this getting to be a bit ridiculous?! They use this excuse for everything these days it seems. People *complained* about having free wi-fi access in the lobby???:confused3 Yeah, right!

I'll bet the exchange went something like this:

Guest: I would like to speak to the manager. My wife tells me that she can access free wi-fi from the pool deck and lobby area and I wanna know why.

Manager: I am sorry sir. We created that because we figured at an average of $300 a night you folks were already paying enough for your rooms, and we didn't need to nickle and dime you for wi-fi in the common areas. We did it to be nice. Honest.

Guest: Well I don't think it's right. Everyone else on property gets to pay for their wi-fi. We should too.

Manager: I am understand sir. You are right sir. It is your right to pay for wi-fi just like every other guest on property. We will pull the free wi-fi immediately.

I am sure that after responding to numerous guest "complaints" just like this everyday they really had no choice but to pull it.:rotfl:

Hi! We just came back too and, when we asked, they told us that it was a "test" (that lasted a couple of years) and they decided not to go with the free wi-fi. Also, the bellhop told us that he thought they were going to offer it in the rooms rather than the lobby, but there was nothing free offered during our stay. Bummer!

Yeah, and I guess they received nothing but negative comments from guests on their "test" of free wi-fi, right?:laughing:

What exactly would they be testing? How many people did they have to please a day by having free wi-fi for the test to be considered a success? Geeesh!:confused3

This is just like the free computer "test" they tried out in the rooms at the Contemporary. I HATE when they create these conveniences and then take them away. It is worse than if they never had them in the first place.:headache:

Your meal at Cali Grill looked scrumptious! That's a Disney restaurant that I haven't tried yet, someday I will. I think Grumpy would like it too, he loves sushi!

I'm so jealous of your nightly shopping trips to DTD once the kids were in bed - I just may have to rent a car next trip for that very reason :thumbsup2

Trust me Michelle...if there were 2 things about WDW that could eventually turn Chris around, it was the resorts (mostly the Beach Club) and signature dining. If Don likes sushi I am fairly confident you won't have a struggle with CG.;)

Hey there!

Hi everyone...remember me? I am the person who is supposed to be writing this TR.:laughing:

Sorry I have been scarce here lately. I have been dealing with a lot of things at home and at work, and have not had much chance to come up for air. And this weekend is not looking much better. By the following weekend I should be back, and I am really going to try to blow through the last few updates as quick as I can. No one is more anxious than me to put this thing to bed! I have a ton of catching up to do on the other TRs I have been following!

Cheers!:goodvibes

I just wanted to thank you for telling us about the Four Parks, One World CD. We picked up a copy from the Yacht Club gift shop last week and I LOVE it! :lovestruc I've been listening to it at work the last couple days and people are probably wondering why I have such a big grin! So, thank you! Great recommendation! :thumbsup2

My four parks cd is in the mail, and I have gotten several great ideas for our next trip while reading your trip report. Great report, thank you!!

I have been reading your trip report over the last few days. You have done a great job documenting your trip. I can't wait to read the rest!

I just noticed you have BC and Sheraton Vistana (sp) listed on your signature for October 2010 - have you been to the magical place again?? If so, was it good?

Thanks so much for the great California Grill review!:thumbsup2 We are so looking forward to eating there. The food looks amazing. And super cute pics of you and your family together.:goodvibes My DD11 loves babies and young children so anytime we go out to eat, she makes friends with them! It's pretty cute.:goodvibes

Looking forward to your update but I understand how life gets in the way of time on the disboards!:laughing: And again, I love the title of your trip report!:laughing:

I'm still here too! And I remember you! :goodvibes Like you, real life has taken over lately and the DIS has been left to the side, I'm slowly catching up again now.

I just read your last 2 updates - a delicious meal at CR and shopping! :banana: I LOVE your idea of hitting the stores late-night solo....I'm sure it's so much easier without children, or a husband! :laughing: I think I might have to steal this and sneak out one night if I have enough energy after a day in the parks!

I hope all is well for you and that you are able to sneak in some moments for the DIS soon - until then, we'll just hang out waiting for when you can update!

I'm still here too! And I remember you! :goodvibes Like you, real life has taken over lately and the DIS has been left to the side, I'm slowly catching up again now.

I just read your last 2 updates - a delicious meal at CR and shopping! :banana: I LOVE your idea of hitting the stores late-night solo....I'm sure it's so much easier without children, or a husband! :laughing: I think I might have to steal this and sneak out one night if I have enough energy after a day in the parks!

I hope all is well for you and that you are able to sneak in some moments for the DIS soon - until then, we'll just hang out waiting for when you can update!

You mean the Dis boards aren't real life? :confused3 Surely you jest!! :eek: Just kidding. :laughing: I know what you mean EXACTLY!

Hope things calm down for you soon -- we'll all still be here when you get back!

Thanks! Sorry for the delay...have had a busy couple weeks, but hoping to get back on track!;)

I just wanted to thank you for telling us about the Four Parks, One World CD. We picked up a copy from the Yacht Club gift shop last week and I LOVE it! :lovestruc I've been listening to it at work the last couple days and people are probably wondering why I have such a big grin! So, thank you! Great recommendation! :thumbsup2

Yay! So glad to hear you like it!:goodvibes

My four parks cd is in the mail, and I have gotten several great ideas for our next trip while reading your trip report. Great report, thank you!!

Great! Hopefully you are enjoying listening to it!:)

I have been reading your trip report over the last few days. You have done a great job documenting your trip. I can't wait to read the rest!

Thank you!:goodvibes I should have more up shortly!;)

I just noticed you have BC and Sheraton Vistana (sp) listed on your signature for October 2010 - have you been to the magical place again?? If so, was it good?

Yes, I actually managed to sneak in a quick weekend trip with 2xcited2sleep and lurkyloo, coinciding with Food & Wine and some D23 festivities, including Dave Smith (the former Disney archivist's) retirement dinner. Had a wonderful time!:love:

Thanks so much for the great California Grill review!:thumbsup2 We are so looking forward to eating there. The food looks amazing. And super cute pics of you and your family together.:goodvibes My DD11 loves babies and young children so anytime we go out to eat, she makes friends with them! It's pretty cute.:goodvibes

Looking forward to your update but I understand how life gets in the way of time on the disboards!:laughing: And again, I love the title of your trip report!:laughing:

Hopefully you enjoy CG as much as I do. It is a highlight for me on every trip!:goodvibes

Thanks for understanding the delay in getting back to finish my report. I wish I had more time to spend on the Dis, but sadly there aren't enough hours in the day!:upsidedow

I've been missing you, Trish! We head to WDW tomorrow so I'll check-in when we get back!

Hey Becky...can't wait to hear all about your trip! Hope it was a good one!:)

Thanks for understanding the lack of updates during the holidays. They kinda sneaked up on me this year!:laughing:

As for the husband-free and child-free late nite shopping excursions...they are priceless!;)

You mean the Dis boards aren't real life? :confused3 Surely you jest!! :eek:

:rotfl:

I'm in the same boat Trish!

You too Cynthia? Good! I am glad I am not alone! ;)

Enjoyed your trip report, Trish.

Thanks! :)

Hope everyone had a good Christmas! Didn't mean to be away so long, but the holidays completely creeped up on me this year. Unfortunately life's other matters had to be attended to over the Dis.

I still have to host a party at my house tomorrow evening for New Years...with multiple kids, food, games, and fireworks, but hopefully soon after that things will get somewhat back to normal and I can get this thing closed down.

Thanks for your patience!:goodvibes

Last Day at the Beach Club

We were all a bit sad waking up on Day 9, (even Chris), since it was our last full day at the Beach Club.

While we still had many other things to look forward to during the last few days of our trip (including an upcoming stay at my absolute favorite resort), the agenda for today was to simply hang out at the Beach Club, enjoying it as much as we could before we had to leave.

Even though we had no morning agenda, we were still up early as usual. As my MIL was checking out today and flying home to Montreal, we decided to use up some snack credits on some yogurts, fruits and pastries from the BeachClub Marketplace for breakfast. After that, it was time for my MIL to hop on the Magical Express. We said our goodbyes and thanked her for the amazing trip. Then it was back to just the 4 of us.

Once we waved our final goodbyes as the Magical Express bus pulled out of the parking lot, we headed back to the room to get into our swimsuits and then headed down to Stormalong Bay. 10am is the perfect time to hit the pool. You never have to fight for a loungechair.

We found a nice spot, and the kids took off immediately. One went to the pool and the other went to play in the sandy kids' area. Fortunately our homebase was conveniently located in the middle, where we could keep one eye on Katie in the pool:

IMG_5448.jpg

...and the other on Declan playing in the sand:

IMG_5447.jpg

IMG_5449.jpg

IMG_5451.jpg

Even though it was early, Chris and I managed to talk ourselves into some nice, cold adult drinks.;)

IMG_5445.jpg

Ahhhhh....life is good. :cloud9:

By noon we were getting hungry, so we headed back to the room to get cleaned up for lunch. We were headed to the SciFi diner at the Studios. Even though we had a car, we much prefer taking a relaxing boatride there from the dock in front of the Yacht Club.

IMG_5926.jpg

How can you be impatient waiting 5 minutes for the boat to show up looking at this beautiful scenery?

IMG_5920.jpg

IMG_5922.jpg

IMG_5923.jpg

IMG_5924.jpg

IMG_5925.jpg

...OK, well maybe not that last one.:rotfl:

Before we knew it, the boat had arrived and it was time to hop on.

IMG_5928.jpg

Before too long, we were back at the Studios.

IMG_5929.jpg

Love this place...such interesting things inside...

IMG_5930.jpg

...unfortunately, I didn't have time to shop. In fact, I was having trouble keeping up with the rest of my family!

IMG_5931.jpg

IMG_5932.jpg

Although it probably only took us 10 minutes from the time we got off the boat until we arrived at the SciFi for lunch, we were all HOT!!! It was another hot and humid day. Thank goodness for that double stroller!

Even though we were right on time for our reservation, we still had to wait at least 15 minutes before we were seated. Fortunately we had seats inside in the air conditioning.

(Continued next post)

(Continued from last post)

Finally we were called inside just as some people were starting to get a little cranky. We were all starving!

One thing about the SciFi...even though it gets a lot of bad reviews, it is always busy. I quite enjoy it myself. I go for the atmosphere more than anything. While the food isn't spectacular, there is nothing particularly wrong with it either.

While Katie & I had dined here before, it was the guys' first time. Fortunately they liked it as much as we did.

Unfortunately, our server was either having a very bad day, or was just plain and simple not meant to be a Disney Cast Member. He was young and completely uninterested in serving us and most of the time did the "drop and run" with our food. Fortunately this was the first and only time I have ever experienced service like this at Disney.

The kids still had fun being in the car and watching the old movies throughout our lunch. Our food was pretty good as well.

IMG_5935.jpg

IMG_5936.jpg

IMG_5937.jpg

IMG_5941.jpg

IMG_5938.jpg

IMG_5942.jpg

Katie pretending to be scared by the "horror movies":

IMG_5943.jpg

Chris finally letting loose and indulging with a hot fudge sundae!

IMG_5945.jpg

IMG_5946.jpg

After lunch, we were anxious to return to the Beach Club for some more R&R by the pool, but first we took some time to explore a couple things at the Studios as we knew we wouldn't be back again this trip.

UP NEXT: Building a Light Saber

Relaxing by the pool sounds like the perfect way to spend your last beach club day...stormalong bay looks beautiful.

That's never good having a server like that, especially at disney but the food looked really good.

Looking forward to more:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter