• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How I Survived 11 Days at WDW with a Disney-Resistant Husband **2/20 THE END **

[Really! I continue to be amazed at the things you can learn on the Disboards.:worship:

If you have the link to the website, I would love to check it out!;)

:[/QUOTE]

I would like the link for the BC airfreshener as well!

The website is enviroscent.com and it is the Accscent HD home fragrance device that I have. You can get the machine and 1 cartridge together the first time and then order the cartridges separate after that. Many scents to choose from. It used to be scentairhome.com I guess the company changed or just got a new name. I have seen these same air fresheners in other hotels where I've gone for seminars. Must be popular.

And I think I am with several others here on that snake-that would've put a crimp in my pool day. :rolleyes1

My DH would have been right there with your DH and son as well. I would have been standing farther back. :rotfl: I can (mostly) deal with the small little garter snakes in our backyard since we only see them a couple times a year. A big one like that - Yuck!

wow that sounded quite an eventful time at the pool with that snake!!

I had never ever thought about snakes in WDW.. until our October 2008 trip when we saw a 3ft green one near DTD (a teenage kid was trying to jump on it :sad2: - I can't say I like snakes, but even I felt sorry for it!!) and then we saw a teeny tiny one (like the size of a pencil!) on the way to the bus stop at Saratoga Springs.
If you search for 'snakes' on the DIS there is a huge thread about snake sightings! (DON'T read it if you have a fear of them! :scared1:) ... but apparently there is only one type of dangerous snake in Florida (probably what that snake was that you saw at the BC), but I guess so much of WDW is swamp, got to expect some wildlife somewhere!

Emma princess: x

Nothing like a little excitement around the pool:lmao: Snakes don't bother me .... now put a large spider anywhere near me and I'm done:rotfl2:

AHHH! That is terrifying! I cannot imagine sun bathing, opening my eyes and seeing a SNAKE next to me! At Disney!
I'm not especially afraid of snakes, but still-- I would have been scared if it had surprised me at Disney!

My family would have been watching closely. We have a pet snake so we aren't afraid of snakes, but I think I would like to know if there was a snake near me when I was lounging.

Hi Trish...Great Update!:thumbsup2

Looks like you all were having fun in the MK. Even your DH looks like he is having fun! Great pictures too!

I have to tell you the snake story gave me goosebumps. I HATE snakes and I am completely terrified of them. I really don't know what I would do if I ran across a big snake...probably die of fright.:faint:

I grew up here in GA, out in the country. I remember as a girl my mom making me go inside because there was snake on the carport or out in the yard. She is a brave woman...she would just chop it's head off with a hoe. :worship: I am talking BIG snakes..6 ft + . My mom is a ninja! :lovestruc

Did you hear the story from the Atlanta Zoo this past week? A snake escaped from the reptile house.:scared1: It was a rare female tiger rattle snake. It's venom is one of the most poisonous in the world. They were telling folks to be on the look for it and let the zoo know if you found it. You know, they wanted it back! :lmao: Well a man in an adjacent neighborhood found it and proceeded to kill it. I guess the zoo was upset. I would have done the exact same thing....or hopefully gotten someone else to do it. creepy!:scared1:

Looking forward to more...
Have a great weekend,
TTFN...Darlene

Snakes FREAK me out!!! I would especially be scared next to a pool :scared1: I can't stand the way they slither on top of the water. LOL. Glad they finally came and got him...can't wait to hear about your MK night!!

:scared1: I would have been freaking out over that snake - OMgosh, 6 ft, 9ft, that's still a big snake!

Prior to our August trip, I had seen a thread - I think on the resorts thread - about a boy getting biten by a water moccasin snake. They are black & spend most of their time in water but do come on land. This one was hanging out in the landscaping. Her boy bent over to pick up a small toy dropped not far off the sidewalk & the thing bit him.

Fortuntately, her son was okay. But even with paramedics she insisted on going to ER & thank the Good Lord because when they arrived even the ER Dr. said it looked bad :eek:

Most Florida snakes I've since learned are harmless, but water moccasins are deadly. Luckily there was a happy ending.

I liked your story about your MIL's painting better :rotfl: :goodvibes

Ewww :scared1: on the snake, especially a 6-9 foot long one!! My DD has a phobia of snakes so if she reads this we won't be going back to BC next trip. Of course I told her there have been snakes at Poly too and everywhere in Florida. Of course our neighbor had a baby snake on her porch last week :eek: which freaks me out. Anyway looking forward to hearing about CRT for dinner.

Oh my goodness! I would have been grabbing the kids and running for the room. I am so afraid of snakes that I almost canceled our trip when I read about one snake incident here on the Dis. :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

OMG. I would have had a nervous breakdown. If Disney needs to relocate me from my lounge chair I hope they are prepared to pay for YEARS of therapy!! :scared1::sick::scared1::sick:

AACK! I would have been a bit freaked out. I'm ok with normal sized ones but 6-9 FEET???????????I didn't realize the slide was closed while you guys were there, that's a bummer.

Did you go in the water after that?

talk about an animal sighting!

I'd have headed straight to the pool bar after that!

Actually, the 1st two days we were at the BC we were able to ride the slide. It closed on day 3. I was so glad we were able to experience it...we LOVED IT!!!:banana:

OH MY GOSH!!!!! I'm totally covered in goosebumps right now! I HATE snakes, they scare the crap out of me. I think I may have taken shelter in my room for the rest of the day if I had seen that! :laughing:

Honestly...it really did throw me for a loop, I will admit.:laughing:

I had a snake inside my house last week. A very small non-poisonous one. I can only imagine though down there with a big one like that.

Oh my gosh....I am not sure I could handle dealing with a snake in my house. I would have to let my 5 yr old son deal with it for me.:rotfl:

Wow - a snake at Stormalong Bay! Scary! I wonder if they took it to Animal Kingdom?

I really don't know. I was thinking that they might kill it, but I guess that isn't very Disney-like, is it?:laughing:

I would have been done with the pool that day! Ekkk!

:rotfl:

:scared1:OMG:scared1: My worst nightmare! You are so brave to even look at it!:eek:

I actually read of your event on another thread somewhere! I try not to think of the snakes while I'm there, hoping never to see one!

Yes, I posted about this on the podcast thread after Pete talked about the boy who got bite by the snake at CBR shortly after our trip.

Now that is a story I haven't heard before. A big snake at SAB! I think I would have been with Chris and Declan watching the whole thing. My DH on the other hand probably would have been very far away with you. He doesn't like snakes much either.

Thank goodness there is at least one spouse in each of our families who can deal with reptiles and the like. :laughing:

Yikes!!!:scared1: That would have been the end of me! I would have never been able to sit there after that! I am terrified of snakes!:eek: My DH and DS would have been right there watching though!:confused3

If SAB wasn't such a huge draw on a hot day, I am not sure I wouldn't have returned to the room.:rotfl:

OMG!!! :scared1: That is horrible!! I would have panicked so badly, ran away and gone nowhere near the pool for the rest of the trip!! I think I actually would have wanted to move resorts!

I know they are about but refuse to think of them or I would not go at all!

Same with me...not something I really care to think about. Except now that vision of the slithering, long black snake will be etched in my mind forever everytime I lean back in a poolside loungechair.:laughing:

Oh my gosh!! I would have petrified - what an experience to come back to the pool to :scared1:

You know....even an hour after we watched that snake get carted off from the pooldeck in a black garbage bag, I would be in the pool and get the heebie jeebies thinking about a big, black snake slithering up to me in the pool.:scared1:

[Really! I continue to be amazed at the things you can learn on the Disboards.:worship:

If you have the link to the website, I would love to check it out!;)

:

The website is enviroscent.com and it is the Accscent HD home fragrance device that I have. You can get the machine and 1 cartridge together the first time and then order the cartridges separate after that. Many scents to choose from. It used to be scentairhome.com I guess the company changed or just got a new name. I have seen these same air fresheners in other hotels where I've gone for seminars. Must be popular.

And I think I am with several others here on that snake-that would've put a crimp in my pool day. :rolleyes1[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for the scent information!;)

My DH would have been right there with your DH and son as well. I would have been standing farther back. :rotfl: I can (mostly) deal with the small little garter snakes in our backyard since we only see them a couple times a year. A big one like that - Yuck!

It really wasn't a nice thing to witness, let me tell you!:rotfl:

wow that sounded quite an eventful time at the pool with that snake!!

I had never ever thought about snakes in WDW.. until our October 2008 trip when we saw a 3ft green one near DTD (a teenage kid was trying to jump on it :sad2: - I can't say I like snakes, but even I felt sorry for it!!) and then we saw a teeny tiny one (like the size of a pencil!) on the way to the bus stop at Saratoga Springs.
If you search for 'snakes' on the DIS there is a huge thread about snake sightings! (DON'T read it if you have a fear of them! :scared1:) ... but apparently there is only one type of dangerous snake in Florida (probably what that snake was that you saw at the BC), but I guess so much of WDW is swamp, got to expect some wildlife somewhere!

Emma princess: x

Even though we all know such things lurk and live all around WDW, I like to pretend they don't.:laughing: But seeing that thing with my own two eyes kinda robbed me of my innocence.:rotfl:

Nothing like a little excitement around the pool:lmao: Snakes don't bother me .... now put a large spider anywhere near me and I'm done:rotfl2:

OK - they both gross me out.:laughing:

AHHH! That is terrifying! I cannot imagine sun bathing, opening my eyes and seeing a SNAKE next to me! At Disney!
I'm not especially afraid of snakes, but still-- I would have been scared if it had surprised me at Disney!

Me too!!!! Can you imagine!!!:scared1: People lined up at Soarin would have heard me screaming from the Beach Club if that happened!:rotfl:

My family would have been watching closely. We have a pet snake so we aren't afraid of snakes, but I think I would like to know if there was a snake near me when I was lounging.

Yeah...me too!:laughing:

Hi Trish...Great Update!:thumbsup2

Looks like you all were having fun in the MK. Even your DH looks like he is having fun! Great pictures too!

I have to tell you the snake story gave me goosebumps. I HATE snakes and I am completely terrified of them. I really don't know what I would do if I ran across a big snake...probably die of fright.:faint:

I grew up here in GA, out in the country. I remember as a girl my mom making me go inside because there was snake on the carport or out in the yard. She is a brave woman...she would just chop it's head off with a hoe. :worship: I am talking BIG snakes..6 ft + . My mom is a ninja! :lovestruc

Did you hear the story from the Atlanta Zoo this past week? A snake escaped from the reptile house.:scared1: It was a rare female tiger rattle snake. It's venom is one of the most poisonous in the world. They were telling folks to be on the look for it and let the zoo know if you found it. You know, they wanted it back! :lmao: Well a man in an adjacent neighborhood found it and proceeded to kill it. I guess the zoo was upset. I would have done the exact same thing....or hopefully gotten someone else to do it. creepy!:scared1:

Looking forward to more...
Have a great weekend,
TTFN...Darlene

Gosh, no....I hadn't heard that story. I am with you....I would just be glad someone killed the thing. Just what we need...a poisonous snake slithering around residential neighbourhoods.:scared1:

I've read your snake story before and I can only say that I'm glad I didn't see it!!!! :rotfl:

Amanda

I am glad for you too! ;)

Snakes FREAK me out!!! I would especially be scared next to a pool :scared1: I can't stand the way they slither on top of the water. LOL. Glad they finally came and got him...can't wait to hear about your MK night!!

You and me both....not a good thing!:laughing:

:scared1: I would have been freaking out over that snake - OMgosh, 6 ft, 9ft, that's still a big snake!

Prior to our August trip, I had seen a thread - I think on the resorts thread - about a boy getting biten by a water moccasin snake. They are black & spend most of their time in water but do come on land. This one was hanging out in the landscaping. Her boy bent over to pick up a small toy dropped not far off the sidewalk & the thing bit him.

Fortuntately, her son was okay. But even with paramedics she insisted on going to ER & thank the Good Lord because when they arrived even the ER Dr. said it looked bad :eek:

Most Florida snakes I've since learned are harmless, but water moccasins are deadly. Luckily there was a happy ending.

I liked your story about your MIL's painting better :rotfl: :goodvibes

I heard about that story on the podcast...Pete brought it up. Another good reminder that even on vacation we must still be vigilent.;)

Ewww :scared1: on the snake, especially a 6-9 foot long one!! My DD has a phobia of snakes so if she reads this we won't be going back to BC next trip. Of course I told her there have been snakes at Poly too and everywhere in Florida. Of course our neighbor had a baby snake on her porch last week :eek: which freaks me out. Anyway looking forward to hearing about CRT for dinner.

Honestly...I think there would likely be more chance of snakes around the Poly...more greenery around. But I won't tell K that!;)

Oh my goodness! I would have been grabbing the kids and running for the room. I am so afraid of snakes that I almost canceled our trip when I read about one snake incident here on the Dis. :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

Did you hear the one about the momma snake laying baby snake eggs in a room at the Contemporary? That one was confirmed by CMs. And it wasn't a ground floor room either!:scared1:

Back to School!

Well, we are finally back to normal after dealing with the fallout of Hurricane Earl. We lost power for much of yesterday and today. But thankfully the sun was shining and power was restored this afternoon.:goodvibes

We spent much of this afternoon soaking up the sun and watching all of the surfers out catching the remnant waves.

Sorry I wasn't able to update this weekend.:rolleyes:

However, since the kids started school this week (only 2 days, and then they enjoyed a holiday weekend:laughing:), I thought I would share some pictures of their first week back to school.

Here they are on the first day. Katie's first day of Grade 2, and Declan's first day of Primary!!!

August2010033.jpg

August2010035.jpg

Here are their backpacks and lunch bags. I actually had them delivered to the Polynesian from Pottery Barn Kids while we were there in May!

August2010012.jpg

And here they are the next day:

August2010017.jpg

Next weekend the kids start all of their extra-curricular activities. Katie and Declan will both be starting gymnastics this year, and continuing with swimming, piano and skating. Declan will also be starting hockey, and in January and February the kids are doing ski school. We have bought a Family Annual pass to a local ski hill so that Chris and I can take in some runs on the slopes while the kids are in their classes.

Katie also finally starts horseback riding this year! She has been wanting to ride for the last 2-3 years. We have several friends whose daughters ride, including a pair of sisters who live in Florida who have been riding since they were 4 years old, but unfortunately no facility around here starts kids riding before the age of 7. So finally this year Katie gets her chance!

I am actually going to be riding with her. I used to ride 20 years ago, but haven't been on a horse in about 15 years. So I am quite excited as well!

Last weekend we had a chance to attend a local horse show which my firm was sponsoring:

August2010001.jpg

August2010002.jpg

August2010008.jpg

It was a great introduction for Katie, who got a chance to meet many horses and riders and see them in competition so she will know what to expect if she continues and progresses with her lessons.

Hope everyone has acclimatized to the return of school and end of summer. We are heading into my absolute favourite time of year - I LOVE the Fall!!!!

To celebrate, I kicked off September with my first Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks this weekend! Aaaahhhhh!!!!:goodvibes

4de409b825ff4871bbef24c2d629e24a.jpg

And on that Happy note....HAPPY LABOUR DAY EVERYONE!!!!:goodvibes

Yum! Pumpkin spice latte....sure sign of fall. My SIL lives in NS and Earl had her power out for a few hours and a tree took out her van :scared1:

Your kids are so cute! I remember when I could dress my boys up in matching outfits! Those days are looong gone.

Have you tried that febreeze again? I am really intrigued. I'm not much of a spray user but I think I need to get this one.
Enjoy fall........I can't wait for more updates! :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter