How I Survived 11 Days at WDW with a Disney-Resistant Husband **2/20 THE END **

Glad you got what was yummy even if your DH didn't. Seems sometimes that nothing would make him happy. He seems determined to have a miserable time. So sorry! Hopefully your next trip will be much better since you have friends going.

Actually, in fairness, DH was happy to be inside in a cool dark restaurant and didn't really complain during the meal, except when I specifically asked him about the food.

He certainly didn't do anything to ruin the meal - that is for sure!;)

And to be honest...I don't think I would have cared for that sandwich a whole lot myself. It was nothing special. I think DH was trying to be health-conscious in a lot of his meal choices during the week, but this was one meal where he definitely should have thrown caution to the wind and indulged in the heart-attack inducing filet.:laughing:

OMG, OMG, OMG.... you had a photo shoot with the Roots? :worship: Now that I am typing this it is triggering something in my memory but I didn't remember until now. I am in LOVE with all their photos from Carrie/Lurkyloo's reports and look at their blog every now and then. If I ever get married, the Roots are taking the pictures FOR SURE! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Too funny you aren't sure if Chris or the filet would win in a showdown. I don't like mushroom either and usually order w/o mushroom and sub the cream cheese mashed potato. Now you have me thinking perhaps I'm missing out and should try it as the Canadians intended. ;)

I agree Le Cellier is a great break on a hot day and am 100% with you on the benefits of the Beach Club/deluxe location!!

Looking forward to more!! popcorn::

Christine - you *have* to try the Mushroom Filet the way it was intended. Trust me...I detest mushrooms, but this risotto is like nothing I have ever tasted. It is divine!!!!:love:

And yes, we had a photo session with the super-talented Roots!:worship: Who were absolutely, positively wonderful. However....it didn't exactly go as planned. You recall I have a slight problem with family members who are less-than-enthusiastic about getting their pictures taken, right? :rolleyes: Well hold onto your hats for the next update, because this is probably the 1st time on the trip that I really got upset.:laughing:

I'm very intrigued with the photo shoot :thumbsup2
You are a very long-suffering wife.....I think I would have lost it a looong time ago....it kinda steals the magic! :sad2:

I don't care for mushrooms either, but based upon YOUR recommendation, I will order the mushroom risotto fillet when I dine at Le Cellier in September.

I'm very intrigued with the photo shoot :thumbsup2
You are a very long-suffering wife.....I think I would have lost it a looong time ago....it kinda steals the magic! :sad2:

You know, it is funny. If you took a poll of our everyday friends, I have no doubt that pretty much everyone would say that DH is more fun to be around.

For some reason, being at WDW seems to bring out the best in me, and the worst in him.:upsidedow

I don't care for mushrooms either, but based upon YOUR recommendation, I will order the mushroom risotto fillet when I dine at Le Cellier in September.

Try it!!! You will be so, so glad that you did! And I say this as someone who has hated mushrooms her whole life!:laughing:

All caught up! I've been reading but I guess not posting the last few updates. :confused3

I can totally relate to Katie's experience on ToT. Sam tried it a few years ago and hated it. She'll ride everything else; in fact RnRC is her favorite of all. She did tell me recently that she might try it again soon though.

We always seem to forget about the animation classes. Definitely need to try and get there next trip as it looks like fun.

Yum on the mushroom filet! We've only been lucky enough to score a LeCellier reservation once but that is indeed what I ordered. So good! And Sam, my picky eater, claimed that her hot dog was the best she'd ever had. :rotfl:

Looking forward to more and hoping you get some more park time in this day!

Trish, loving your report, you have a great sense of humor in your writing. I have to vent a little though.....WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!!! :scared1:YOU POOR THING!!!! Seriously, leaving early, cup half empty!!! I LOVE my in-laws too, but I just finished an entire weekend with them and am happy to be sitting here alone with my computer! I went to WDW with MIL a few years ago and I was a wreck before we got there, but it turned out to be one of the best times with her, mainly because she let me take the lead, she knew I knew more about it then her and that our entire family would have more fun if she let me 'control' the event. But, I have been very guarded about letting other family and friends 'tag along' on our trips, the time is too precious to me.

Anyway, you get the 'Patience Award' :thumbsup2for the tolerance you have exhibited in your trip to this point. I'm sure that DH and fam didn't realize how their lack of interest was hindering your experience, how could they realize when they really don't 'get' the 'magic', too bad.

'just keep swimming'!!! Keep planning those trips, don't let anyone spoil the Disney magic for you and your kiddos!:yay:

(I am reading Heather's Poly report too - you two are the first trip reports I've ever followed - loving it! Thank you!)

That's too bad that your husband wouldn't listen to you on ordering the filet...it definitely looked like the better choice of the two.

The chocolate moose are too cute!

Can't wait to hear how your photoshoot went...we've also been considering doing this on a future vacation

Has anyone been watching Regis & Kelly this week?

I am from PEI and I have to say that they did a wonderful job on showing Prince Edward Island. I was in awe ......

I am really enjoying your trip report and your pictures.

May I ask what kind of camera you are using ?

OMG your photo shoot is with Roots? I didn't know they did anything besides weddings. I can't wait to see the pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a bummer about the sandwich, I have to admit, it doesn't look very good in the picture either. But yours on the other hand, looks heavenly!

HI!!! I am so sorry I have been away for so long. I really enjoyed catching up on your fun! I am so sorry about Katie on TOT. That is such a hard ride to take in. I started crying when we were walking up to it! Yay for her wanting to try again, what a brave girl.

I can't believe your DH did not get the filet!!!! I am DYING to try it. Le Cellier seems like such a great restaurant, you described it so beautifully.

Can't wait to hear more! :goodvibes

We have never eaten at LeCellier. I am sure my husband would love that mushroom filet. He has just recently begun to like mushrooms, and he has always loved steak. I am glad you got to eat your favorite meal at WDW. Next time maybe your family will order steak and get to see how good it is.

Just wondering what the Root's photo session is all about, I'm not familiar with the name. Is it a part of the Disney Photo Pass sessions? Thanks!

I saw 2 of your pics on the roots blog...never really realised they are of your family until now :goodvibes

I love your trip report. Your family is very cute. I am taking a" not so sure he wants to really go, but doing it for me husband" in Nov/Dec, so I am taking notes and tips on how to do it sucessfully. Thanks I can't wait to read more

I would like to know the same thing. I'm clueless!!:confused3

The roots are photographers located in Celebration, Fl. They do not work for disney, but are very popular among disney brides. They take beautiful pictures, check out their website http://rootweddings.com/

I can't wait to hear all about the rest of your trip, and hopefully see some of those Root pictures, i saw some on the blog and they looked great! :thumbsup2

Love all the pictures of food at LeCellier. The food there is so amazing. I'm sorry your DH didn't like what he got. He'll have to try something else when you take him back next time!

Sorry lunch was a bust for Chris, but at least you could enjoy your fav dish!! The kids look adorable with their chocolate moose!!

along for thr ride! popcorn::

Great TR so far...boy, 'people should listen to you more often' seems to be the moral of the story so far....:rotfl:

I felt SO bad for you during the Chef Mickeys and Backyard BBQ nights...I could see that happening to me if DBF is in a mood. I guess we will wait to see how many times I report that happening when we go in Nov. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter