How I Survived 11 Days at WDW with a Disney-Resistant Husband **2/20 THE END **

Gorgeous shots Trish! I'm glad the day worked out...despite missing out at the World and TeppenEdo.

I'm glad there were lots of 'good' things about your beach day (the drive aside), because I'm sure it was challenging to drive away from WDW for the day. I have cousins like that, I don't see them too often, usually once a year (in a few weeks actually), but we always have a fabulous time together and you're SO right, it's a great reminder of how important family is! Thank you for sharing your trip, good and bad, and your feelings about it so honestly with us, I really appreciate it!:)

Looks like you guys had a great beach day! And I agree about the Gulf Coast.. I grew up in Florida.. on the east coast.. (we've been in Maryland for about 11 years now.. dang jobs! ;))
And even though I grew up on the east coast.. when we go back to Florida for a beach trip, we always go to the west coast.. the beaches are so nice and the water is perfect and calm for the kids..

oh.. I told my dh about your dh... and how I am really enjoying your trip report even though I want to kick your dh in the butt.. (please don't be offended that I want to do that), and my dh even said your dh is being a butt head.. he told me to tell you to not take him on your next trip! :lmao: this is coming from a semi-resister..

Hi cdotla - I happened upon your thread and the title drew me in - I, too, have a Disney-Resistant Husband who sounds like he could be brothers with your DH. :rolleyes: After three trips (two short ones without kids, one longer one with kids in 2007) he had decided that there is no reason to ever go back. :sad2: I don't think he will hold to it - the kids will see to that - but we certainly aren't planning annual trips or buying into DVC anytime soon. I feel your pain while reading about his impatience with the lines and the chaos at the character meals and shows. My DH is the same way - hates crowds and lines - and also doesn't like the amount of money that Disney costs (even though I spend hours finding bargains, planning trips at slow times of the year and planning itineraries to avoid lines). Anyway, I definitely want to read your Childless Mommies TR because I am heading down to Food and Wine in November with several girlfriends to celebrate our 40th birthdays! :banana: I hate to say it, but without DH, it will be a much easier trip.

What a fun, but sad update!

I love the Florida beach and it is worth the 2 hour drive each way. Much as I love the pool...it is not the same as playing in the surf. Just the sound of the surf relaxes me. Your pictures made me wish we had a beach day scheduled!

Those rays are something else! I actually just ordered some special sunscreen for our trip as it is so much more intense there I'm upgrading what we are using all around for better protection. I am glad at least the kids didn't get burned but ouch for you and Chris.

It sounds like a lovely day and evening all around.

How very very sad about Chris's aunt.

The West Coast beaches are awesome, we always spend a week on the west coast either before or after our trips to the world!

Glad you had a good day at the beach, seems like it was well worth the drive! I saw some new sunscreen at Shoppers Drug Mart that is SPF 100!!! I will have to try it next time as I always burn in Florida!

Looking forward to your next update!

looks like a nice day at the beach, despite the long drive there & the late arrivals :eek: !

Your DH's cousin's house looks so much like my parents' house in Bradenton FL! :goodvibes

Emma princess: x

I started reading your TR because we're staying at the Beach Club next March, but since then I've come to realize that we have a couple of things in common! We also have two kids (DD14 and DS12) and are Canadian (live in the Prairies now, but DH was born and raised in Charlottetown). In fact, we're traveling to the Maritimes next month to visit with friends and family on PEI and two of DH's sisters in Halifax.

Anyway, I'm thoroughly enjoying your TR! Thanks for the time and effort that goes into each "episode". :thumbsup2

I love this trip report and every trip report you have written here on the DIS! :thumbsup2

You really do have a way with words. Are you familiar with the mega-successful blogger, The Pioneer Woman? I love reading her stuff, too, and you remind me of her. You keep things real and are just so open and honest. I can identify with you and the things you go through.

It makes me feel good to read your trip reports--it's like someone understands my world! Thank you for sharing! :goodvibes

I can't wait to read more! :yay:

I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL's sister! You are so right - life is so short and you never know when the last time you spoke or saw someone might indeed be your last.

Your children are so adorable - you all are a beautiful family! I have to agree with you that I don't understand why your husband doesn't seem to enjoy Disney as much as you when he is there but raves about it to friends and family! I think it may be the long lines - my late husband was like that (he never had been to WDW - he passed away at a Kissimmee motel on our first journey there in December 1994). I remember saying to him that he will encounter crowds and lines and was worried how he would handle it. Two of my sons are like that and one of those is my youngest son who will be going on his first trip to WDW this year. Will be interesting to see how he enjoys it...

Gosh Trish, I remember in your PTR when your plans for this day got changed what a bummer it was to give up Teppan Edo. the concept that you would drive 2 hours to meet local family at the beach only to have them show up hours later is simply foreign to me! However, it does look like you had a wonderful time at the beach and enjoyed the company of the cousins once they arrived!

How nice the kids got to meet and spend time together! But so sorry about the family's loss.

Looks like you had fun at the beach, even though you were waiting for company the whole time! I have been known to be late, but never THAT late!

And dinner sounds great too...how sweet of them to have a cake and a present!

I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL's sister. My dad died of cancer (one year after finding out he had it, 6 weeks after being told they thought they got it all) at 63, 6 weeks before my daughter was born on what would have been his 64th birthday. So I am reminded every day of how short life is. (Poor death reminder DD! Obviously, it's not her fault, but it is very unfortunate. :guilty:) Life is short.

Sounds like you guys had a really nice day with family!! I love the Gulf coast-- and your cousin's house/pool is beautiful!

Ok, I have just started reading your report, and let me just say that I am floored by your daughters b-day party! If you don't do this for a living, you totally should! Everything looked awesome!!

Looks like you guys had a great beach day! And I agree about the Gulf Coast.. I grew up in Florida.. on the east coast.. (we've been in Maryland for about 11 years now.. dang jobs! ;))
And even though I grew up on the east coast.. when we go back to Florida for a beach trip, we always go to the west coast.. the beaches are so nice and the water is perfect and calm for the kids..

oh.. I told my dh about your dh... and how I am really enjoying your trip report even though I want to kick your dh in the butt.. (please don't be offended that I want to do that), and my dh even said your dh is being a butt head.. he told me to tell you to not take him on your next trip! :lmao: this is coming from a semi-resister..

Yeah! Leave him behind, tell him that you will mail him a post card and that you will bring him back a souvenir. :lmao:

My DW is a resister when it comes to the athletic club and taking the family swimming and enjoying the day. She goes sometimes, but not a whole lot. I take DS1 & DS2 and we go, just the 3 of us. I wish she would go more often with us, but I go anyway to get the kids out the house and to hang out and have some fun. DW likes WDW and loves being there, but she is not a fanatic like I am. She is fine with going once every 3 or 4 years, and I always tell her that I like to go once a year or once every other year at minimum; then I tell her that the kids and I are sure going to miss you, and we will bring you back a t-shirt. :lmao:

I have to admit.....I also am married to a DISNEY-resister. Yes, it's sad, and the last THREE Disney Trips (see below) have been sans husband. I think that my insistence, without being annoying has finally paid off, since he's agreed to the 2011 trip. Granted, my parents are springing for the room (courtesy of their DVC), so that may have had something to do with it.......:laughing:

Even with all the stress - that looks like a fun day at the beach. I'm glad you got the kids out of the sun before too long - you wouldn't have wanted to ruin the rest of the Disney trip. It's kinda cool that you got to mix in a beach trip with the Disney trip. I love all the family pics. As we get older, we realize how important family really is. So nice of them to make the birthday cake for Katie. And that house is beautiful. So sorry again to hear about Heather. I hope that the family has found some closure and is at peace now with her passing.

You are absolutely right about everything!;) At first I wasn't keen on leaving WDW property, but it ended up being a nice little break in the middle of the trip, and a great reminder of how special moments with family can be!:goodvibes

Sorry, I missed that! I've always wanted to visit PEI. Maybe one of these days...

There are so many great places to visit aren't there? :)

:wave: Hi Joining in on your trip report! I just caught up Great stuff so far. I can totally agree with you about the Canada 360 show is missing too many of the other great provinces. IMHO the show could have used Some Rider.....Errr....Saskatchewan footage:thumbsup2 lol!

Look forward to reading more!:flower3:

Thanks for finding me, and welcome!:welcome: Glad to have another Canadian on board!:)

Great update! Those beach pictures....beautiful! In all of our trips to Florida, we have never gone to the beach:confused3

How wonderful that you got to spend some time with the cousins, looked like you were all having a great time!!

The beach really was great. A pool can sometimes be easier, and less work, but there is nothing like the waves and sand.:goodvibes

Gorgeous shots Trish! I'm glad the day worked out...despite missing out at the World and TeppenEdo.

Thanks!:goodvibes

I'm glad there were lots of 'good' things about your beach day (the drive aside), because I'm sure it was challenging to drive away from WDW for the day. I have cousins like that, I don't see them too often, usually once a year (in a few weeks actually), but we always have a fabulous time together and you're SO right, it's a great reminder of how important family is! Thank you for sharing your trip, good and bad, and your feelings about it so honestly with us, I really appreciate it!:)

Thank you!:)

The beach is absolutely beautiful!

It certainly was!:)

There were definitely a few times I felt like giving DH a kick in the butt on this trip.:laughing: However, none of them had actually happened yet...to this point nothing had really gotten me too worked up. But the next day (Day 5), things took a nosedive.:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter