How I Survived 11 Days at WDW with a Disney-Resistant Husband **2/20 THE END **

I just finished your TR...my husband said the fire work are starting and I keep saying one more minute and here I am glued to the computer to finish your TR. It's amazing. I don't normally read TR b/c I started reading a few but people never finished it and I felt left hanging and wanting to know how the rest of the trip went but your title got me. I too have a husband (who is not into Disney). The past 4 trips has been cancelled but I'm working on our December trip and he said do all the things you want b/c it might be awhile before we go again. Anyway, his brohter wants a family trip together but I want my December trip to be just us and we might do a short trip next year.
I have enjoyed your trip report. Your 2 children are adorable. My son too had a pre-school graduation a few weeks ago, they grow up so quickly. Last time we were in Disney my son did was still too small and could not ride some rides but this trip he is excited to be a big boy. This will be his 5 Disney trip.
I love the Pirate Party you did for your son (party favors, party theme and the treasure chest hunt). Sorry for your family loss.
Thank you so much for sharing wonderful stories with us and can't wait for more...

You know I never realized it until I read your post, but you are right - there is only one toilet.

However, there are more than just 2 separate sinks. There are 2 completely separate and private washrooms. The master bathroom has a whirlpool tub and sink, and there is a completely separate 2nd bathroom with a walk in shower and sink.

But you are right - there is only one toilet in a separate room off the main bath.;)

:rotfl2: I really had to think a minute when you first posted how you couldn't wait to have two bathrooms....because I thought I was MISSING something and that BCV 1 bedrooms were like Kidani's 1 bedrooms. LOL Glad you enjoyed your villa. We love staying in the 2 bedrooms at all the DVC resorts and LUV BCV a lot. :thumbsup2

BCV...I have always wanted to stay there!! It looks so beautiful!!

Love the PP in the pool, you look like you're having a ball!!!

Hoop Dee Do review....never done it, but I think we need to;) you can come with me and Jasmine one of these years!!!

I would definitely like to get back to the Hoop-Dee-Do one of these years. And for that matter, Mickey's BBQ as well, given that I missed most of the show!:rotfl: And being able to share it with people who actually want to be there would be the icing on the cake!;)

Oh wow!!! The BBQ looks like lots of fun with good food! I am sorry that your family wanted to leave---I can not imagine how upset I would have gotten. You are so positive, I admire you for that :goodvibes At least the night ended in FIREWORKS! Great view! We love the princess breakfast--can't wait to read about your experience!

Honestly Katie, I knew that if I got upset it still wouldn't change things. By this point, I pretty much knew that the trip was not going to go according to plan and my master plan of making DH fall head over heels with Disney was not working.:sad2:

As I said, it was a constant rollercoaster of highs and lows. Over which I had very limited control. I never knew if we were going to be able to experience things that I had planned for months in advance until they actually happened.

Sadly, as you will see, it gets much worse.

Kudos to you Trish! I think if I had just spent 8 TS credits for a bit of food and only 20 minutes of entertainment, I would have cried! :sad: or had a fit :headache:

We never went to Mickey's Back Yard BBQ as DD is a huge fan of HDD (so that show always wins over trying something new) but the concept seems fun... Too bad you can't give a "full" review so I can try and convince DD to try it next time! :rotfl:

p.s. in my younger years, I use to teach horseback riding! Your DD will love it when she starts her lessons! Ironically enough, I have been offering DD (who is now 13) a pony since the day she turned 3... And her answer has always been... "Why would I want a pony???" Can you believe that!!! :confused:

It is so nice to know that other people can understand why I was so disappointed with this trip. But I guess I choose a fairly sympathetic audience posting on these boards, didn't I?:rotfl:

As for Mickey's BBQ - my own impression, the limited amount of time we were there, is that it is more geared to younger families. Admittedly, though I think most of the "adult" entertainment was probably coming up just as we were exiting. If anyone reading experienced the whole show, I would love to hear more comments about it.;)

And as for your daughter and the offer of the pony, that is pretty unbelievable! Everyday I have to answer questions from my daughter about when we can buy her a horse so she can start riding. (The schools here won't start til the kids turn 8). My answer is always the same: when we win the lotto!:rotfl:

You need to vacation with me!! I would stick around Chef Mickey's for all the characters and I would definitely stay at Mickey's BBQ to see the show with you! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

That sounds awesome!:thumbsup2 Let's just say, DH won't be my 1st choice of travel companion for WDW again!:laughing:

:rotfl2: I really had to think a minute when you first posted how you couldn't wait to have two bathrooms....because I thought I was MISSING something and that BCV 1 bedrooms were like Kidani's 1 bedrooms. LOL Glad you enjoyed your villa. We love staying in the 2 bedrooms at all the DVC resorts and LUV BCV a lot. :thumbsup2

From my perspective though, they really were two separate bathrooms.

What always slows us down in the mornings is the line up to the showers and sinks. Not the toilets.:rotfl:

From my perspective though, they really were two separate bathrooms.

What always slows us down in the mornings is the line up to the showers and sinks. Not the toilets.:rotfl:

You will LUV Kidani then..... you will get three bathrooms. :thumbsup2 (two toilets) ;)

We never used that extra bathroom at Kidani when we were there last summer because we had one full bathroom for the 2 beds and then the master bath suite.

I just finished your TR...my husband said the fire work are starting and I keep saying one more minute and here I am glued to the computer to finish your TR. It's amazing. I don't normally read TR b/c I started reading a few but people never finished it and I felt left hanging and wanting to know how the rest of the trip went but your title got me. I too have a husband (who is not into Disney). The past 4 trips has been cancelled but I'm working on our December trip and he said do all the things you want b/c it might be awhile before we go again. Anyway, his brohter wants a family trip together but I want my December trip to be just us and we might do a short trip next year.
I have enjoyed your trip report. Your 2 children are adorable. My son too had a pre-school graduation a few weeks ago, they grow up so quickly. Last time we were in Disney my son did was still too small and could not ride some rides but this trip he is excited to be a big boy. This will be his 5 Disney trip.
I love the Pirate Party you did for your son (party favors, party theme and the treasure chest hunt). Sorry for your family loss.
Thank you so much for sharing wonderful stories with us and can't wait for more...

Wow! Get out there and enjoy your 4th of July fireworks!;) We had our Canada Day ones on the 1st.

So glad you posted, and Welcome!:welcome:

Sounds like our trip-planning adventures have been fairly similar with Disney-resistant husbands, and relatives coming into the mix at the last minute.:rolleyes: Hopefully yours comes together for you!:) I am sure you will have a fantastic time now that your son is bigger and can ride the bigger rides. As you say, they grow up so fast, and you can have such great family bonding moments in the Parks!:love:

You will LUV Kidani then..... you will get three bathrooms. :thumbsup2 (two toilets) ;)

We never used that extra bathroom at Kidani when we were there last summer because we had one full bathroom for the 2 beds and then the master bath suite.

Wow! That sounds completely luxurious...if a bit extravagant.:laughing:

Wow! That sounds completely luxurious...if a bit extravagant.:laughing:

You have to try a 1 bedroom at Kidani. Their villas seem so much bigger than SSR/BW/BCV...... they are beautifully decorated and we had the Savanna view too. :thumbsup2

So do you think the Backyard Barbecue is worth it?? I know you left early :sad2: but is it worth the price????? We have never tried the Hoop de doo either.

So do you think the Backyard Barbecue is worth it?? I know you left early :sad2: but is it worth the price????? We have never tried the Hoop de doo either.

I haven't been to the Hoop-De-Doo since I was a child, so I can't comment on that. However, I certainly hear almost entirely positive reviews of it.;)

As for Mickey's BBQ - as mentioned, I think it is geared to younger families. Most of the attraction from my perspective was the character dance party. If that appeals to you, then I think you will be pleased with the show.

I expect that the more "adult" entertainment came on after the characters left, just as we got up to go. Perhaps if someone on the thread stayed for the whole show they can chime in.;)

I have no complaints about the food whatsoever, but the food alone would not be worth 2 credits or the out-of-pocket cost. It is pretty basic, but that is what we were expecting anyway. We went for the character dancing and entertainment.

BCV is beautiful!
I'm so sorry you had to leave the BBQ early. But you got a great view of Illuminations without the crowds :thumbsup2

Love your report! Sorry I haven't read all of the other people's responses.. but I was wondering-- did you make that Bday cake? I love your decorations.. if you don't mind me asking-- where did you get the cute paper decor etc.. LOVE IT!

I wanted to tell you-- I have an 8 year old horse crazy girl too! We are doing the horseback riding at WDW this year when she is nine. If you go back before your DD is 9, they do have pony rides at Ft. Wilderness too-- but wanted to warn you.. they have a weird height restriction.. I think it is 48 inches and under.. we didn't know this on our 08 trip and my DD was 7 at the time and SUPER tall and she couldn't ride.. thus blowing her *special* pick for our trip. Not cool. She took it in stride though...

Thanks for a great TR!
jen

Just started reading your TR & loving it so far! It's too bad you didn't get to stay for all of Mickey's Backyard BBQ. That's something I've gone back and forth on doing countless times. The chaos described in the reviews I've seen has always held me back. It's nice to know that it really does settle down a little.

LOVE your daughter's dress in that last update!

Looking forward to reading more! :goodvibes

just started reading this and just picked yours out on a whim... as i was reading, i noticed that my family and i were at epcot and animal kingdom on the same days you were! lol. just thought i'd mention it. oh, and you are absolutely right, the heat was sweltering!

loving the tr so far! :goodvibes

Great report, Trish! Such a shame about missing the entertainment....and I note that you mentioned it get WORSE???

popcorn::

Too bad your husband didn't want to stay at the BBQ but it does seem he enjoyed himself at the resort.

Thanks for the update.

I'm so sorry for your loss. What an amazing woman!!!

Loving the pics of BCV! It's getting me SO excited for my trip! The BBQ sounds like something we would enjoy but I can't get my DH to go to "out of the way" places at Disney. He doesn't like to rent a car and the hassle of the Disney transport would probably be a deal-breaker. He's an 80% convert to Disney, as long as I make all the plans. :lmao:

Amanda

Fantastic trip report so far. It's such a shame your Husbands not a Disney fan.

The beach club villas look great and what a fantastic view.

Also a long way back in the report but how amazing was your little girls party. Everything looked so beautiful and girly.

Looking forward to reading more.
Clayre :)

So much to comment on!! Your villa is beautiful-- that kitchen is adorable!! The two bathrooms must have been so great while you guys were trying to get ready in the morning. Also, glad your whole family was able to enjoy Stormalong Bay, but that stinks it closed for refurb!
I love Katie's twirl dress that she wore to the BBQ-- sooo cute! So sorry your family wanted to leave after only a short while, but again, you are clearly a woman who puts her family before herself constantly! To do that without complaint really says something!!

Hi, :) loving your trip report.

I stumbled across your mom and daughter one looking for a perfectly princess tea review. Love all your daughter's custom outfits too.

I'm so sorry your husband wanted to leave the bbq. I'm waiting with baited breath to see how it got worse!

For our first trip onsite last year I was so worried my DH would be the same..people at work were taking bets as to how long he 'last'.

He suprised me though and says he enjoys it because he can see it makes me and DD happy. The food on the DDP helped. HE was the one pushing for onsite with DDP this year!

What worked for us was some time apart. I took DD to MVMCP alone and to CRT for lunch. I have lovely mother and daughter memories and he got a bit of time to chill out. We are doing the same this trip with the perfectly princess tea.

DH is also into gadgets so taking photos using different settings, using the camcorder occupies him...he also carries an electonic book reader.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter