How I Survived 11 Days at WDW with a Disney-Resistant Husband **2/20 THE END **

Trish you will get a laugh out of this one. When reading about your dinner experience and then your trip up to your room, I tried to picture what would have happened if it was my family and I. I don't think that my DH would have waited outside of Chef Mickey's so we could have all gone up together. He would more likely have taken the keys from me, headed upstairs and maybe even been asleep by the time I got upstairs. So I am really glad that you at least had the magical moment of entering that wonderful room together.

As I write this, I realize that many may think that I have a pretty mean DH. But the more I reflect, the more I realize that he just is not into Disney like I am and so while I might be full of adrenaline due to my excitement, he is usually feeling exhausted from the weeks of work preceding a vacation and all he wants to do is get rest. But we can't stop wishing it was different, right? My next strategy is to try to plan a trip with a friend and their family who we get along well with. I am hopeful that maybe having some friends along may change the experience for him. Watch it backfire!!!!!! Well, thank you for giving me a forum to vent. Did not mean to take over your TR. Looking forward to reading more.

Sorry Katie got sick, but glad she was feeling better the next morning.
The view from the CR is amazing. And those rooms are just beautiful.

The view from your room was spectacular! I can't imagine how wonderful that must have been! Poor Katie, so happy she felt better the next morning...

Can't wait to hear more.....popcorn::

Wow! Great pics of your room! Oh no!! so sorry to hear katie wasn't feeling well! I'm glad she woke up feeling okay though. Can't wait to hear more!

Yes, I love those rooms at the Contemporary. They remain my favourite room in all of WDW property.:love:

I'm so glad that Katie was feeling much better the next morning. I'm sure that was such a relief for both of you. I loved your room at the Contemporary. It looked absolutely wonderful. I'm glad that your DH at least liked the room.

As for the photopass cd, I always get it too but by the end of our stay my DD is usually not smiling. According to her, I take too many pictures with my camera and stop every photopass photographer and she's tired of being in pictures. On our last trip, my last photopass pic is of my mom and I at night in front of the ball at Epcot. I love the picture and really wish that she had been in the pic too.

See, you really are not alone in all this. Please keep posting, I'm enjoying your report in spite of all the disappointments.

Thanks again for confirming I am not alone!:goodvibes As for the photopass, thank goodness I organized a share on the Tour Guide Mike forums, and therefore split the cost of the cd. Otherwise, if I had paid $100 for only 1 park photo op I think I would be ill!:sick:

Well, at least you've got his blessing to continue on your solo/kid only trips! I'll be right there with ya! :goodvibes

So sorry your night in the Contemporary didn't turn out the way you had hoped. I'm so glad it was nothing serioud with Katie though, and that she was fine the next morning. Your photos are making me really want to stay there again.

Love that you unpacked and put stuff in the drawers for just one night, totally something I would do (and get made fun of for doing :rotfl:).

Really enjoying your report!

Yes...I will definitely be back again soon! Maybe sooner than you would think!;) I may soon have to change my title!:laughing:

Sorry about Katie-- I always got headaches on our family vacations, but I'm glad she was okay! I'm sure traveling just wore her out and she needed a good sleep.
Sorry you weren't able to fully enjoy Wishes!! That view is just amazing!

Yes, that is 2 stays in a Magic Kingdom Tower room, and I have yet to experience Wishes the way it should be experienced, with the music soundtrack. At least there continues to be reason to return!;)

Oh poor Katie. I'm glad she felt better the next morning. And you are heading to the Beach Club which is my idea of heaven:cloud9:

Yes, the one good thing about packing up to leave both times on this trip is that we were always off to another favourite spot!:goodvibes The Beach Club was definitely the highlight of the trip for DH!:)

Just joining your trip report now! I'm sorry to hear that your first not didn't go as planned, but looking forward to hearing more about your trip! Also, what a beautiful birthday party!!!

Thanks for joining in and posting, and Welcome!!!:welcome:

I'm sorry to hear that Katie was't feeling well, but glad that she felt completely recovered by morning! I love the room! We've never stayed at the Contemporary before, but after your pictures, I have to rethink our choices for our next trip (whenever that may be). I'm glad that your DH at least was excited about the room! Watching Wishes from the balcony would be such a nice perk towards the end of the trip when you're more tired and the long days get to be a bit much.

Yes, I do love the Contemporary rooms. They are definitely a big draw. Plus, the kids love the monorail. There is something about the monorail actually travelling through the resort that the Poly and GF can't touch.

Your room looks gorgeous! I'm glad hubby was excited about it! I can totally relate to the sick kid thing (we traveled to Disney in 2006 with 12 of us total, and each one of us got sick at one point or another)! So glad she was feeling better the next day!

Hoping your arrival at the Beach Club goes smoothly. So where did you have ME put your bags - CR or BCV? Or did hubby just take them with him from baggage claim in the car? :confused3

Sara

Hey Sara! We actually had a knock on our door almost exactly 3 hours on the dot after our plane arrived at MCO. So the 3 hour estimate was pretty dead on for us.

The next day as we were transferring to the BCV, we loaded up the car with the luggage, and Chris drove it over. Katie, Declan & I walked to the MK, took the monorail to Epcot, and then walked to the BCV.

When we transferred on our 2nd last day to the Poly, we took our overnight bags, and had Disney transfer the rest. We had bell services keep the bags until we picked them up when we left on the Magical Express for the airport.

All in all, although it sounds pretty hectic writing it just now, transferring resorts both times was really a breeze!;)

*hops on board to enjoy the report*

I'm so glad Katie was recovered by morning. I had chronic migraines starting at 7 or 8... and it was always stressful on family trips if one happened. :( Wishes from Contemporary sound wonderful!

I may call and see how much it would be to upgrade from WL to Contemporary for our Sept stay now... :p

~Zara

Welcome!:welcome:

If you can swing it, I highly recommend trying the CR, at least for 1 nite during your stay. We love it!:love:

popcorn::Joining. Better late than never right!?!:) Sorry about your first meal. Hope things get better for you!:rolleyes: Looking forward to more.

Kelly

Welcome!!! And you are not late at all....I just finished Day 1, and I have 10 more days to go!:rotfl:

Thanks for posting and for joining in!:goodvibes

I'm in. Enjoying your report, hope the pixie dust kicks in, but appreciate real (not always pixie dusted) life in the report.

Thank you! Great to have you along!:)

I am subbing.popcorn:: I have a different twist on a resister. I suprised my DH with a week long trip to Disney for our 1st annivesary and had been going multiple times a year and every anniversary for 9 years including 3 cruises on DCL. His response everytime I would ask when we could go again was "plan it". We live in NW Florida so it is a little easier for us to go than to have to fly. Well he is cruised out ( it's the same thing everytime:confused3) and as far as Disney he is ready to start seeing "other" places. The past 2 anniversaries I told him to pick a place well last year we didn't do anything and this past anniversary I booked the campgrounds at the last min. ( we have a motorhome and love FW) but I told him I wasn't going to make him go to the parks. The whole time he kept asking if I wanted to go to the park and I told him no I wasn't going to force him. I think he wanted to go though:rotfl2: We saw a shuttle launch that was amazing:cloud9: and toured the KSC so he got to do something different.
Point is they can go from loving Disney to the opposit. I believe he loves Disney he just likes to "complain" until we get there, the night before he is like a little kid and enjoys the trip.

Welcome!!!:welcome: Sounds to me like you have a "pretend" resister there!:laughing: I thought for sure this was gonna be the trip that would win DH over, but it didn't happen.:sad2: While he may not be the Disney fanatic that all of us Dissers are, sounds like you lucked out with yours!:)

I love your trip report. I think its great that you are telling the whole story, even the not so magical moments.

Thank you!:goodvibes Yep...for anyone with a stomach for dirty, gritty reality, I will be offering up plenty of it here!:laughing:

On the good side - LOVE your room and your amazing view! :cloud9:

One the bad side - so sorry Katie got sick! Justin is a bit of a drama queen when he doesn't feel well too, so I can never tell if he is really sick and hurting or if he's just being a baby. :confused3

I keep telling Katie the "crying wolf" habit is going to one day make me miss something important. But she hasn't learned yet.:rolleyes:

Ugh! So sorry that the night didn't end like you had envisioned! But I'm glad to hear that Katie woke up all better!! Your room is amazing and your view--INCREDIBLE!!!! :lovestruc

Yes....as incredible as it was to go to sleep to Wishes, the excitement of waking up to that view is pretty spectacular too! More on that shortly!;)

Subbing in! I'm glad to hear Katie woke up the next morning feeling better. I hope the vacation takes an upturn (at least for a little while)!

Yes...we actually do take a turn for the better...at least for half a day!:laughing: A magical morning is coming up soon!:)

CR room is beautiful! DH would love staying there someday. Poor Katie! I hope her not feeling well did not keep her down.

Thanks Stephanie! I am happy to say that there was no more sickness the rest of the trip!:worship:

I love the room and view!!! You have me rethinking about where to stay for our next trip. We are poly addicts but this looks like it might be a nice change.

So glad your daughter woke up feeling fine. It is so hard to figure out when they are really sick. Maybe this is a sign that things are improving. Plans never seem to work out there always is something that gets in the way.

Once again you took it in stride! Good for you. Hope things got better the next day. Can't wait to hear all about the BC.

Beach Club coming up shortly....we all LOVED it!!!:love:

As for your comments about the Contemporary...as much as I love it, I would not want to stay here much longer than 4 days - the duration of the trip Katie and I took last year. Any trip longer than 4 days, I think I would really miss the theming of the other deluxe pools. That is the one thing I think the CR is missing - a decent themed pool.

But 2 nights at the CR, followed by a stay at the Poly would be my idea of heaven!:cloud9:

popcorn:: MORE PLEASE

Coming up shortly!;)

I'm glad Katie was only sick for that one night!!:goodvibes

Me too!!!!!:scared:

Trish you will get a laugh out of this one. When reading about your dinner experience and then your trip up to your room, I tried to picture what would have happened if it was my family and I. I don't think that my DH would have waited outside of Chef Mickey's so we could have all gone up together. He would more likely have taken the keys from me, headed upstairs and maybe even been asleep by the time I got upstairs. So I am really glad that you at least had the magical moment of entering that wonderful room together.

As I write this, I realize that many may think that I have a pretty mean DH. But the more I reflect, the more I realize that he just is not into Disney like I am and so while I might be full of adrenaline due to my excitement, he is usually feeling exhausted from the weeks of work preceding a vacation and all he wants to do is get rest. But we can't stop wishing it was different, right? My next strategy is to try to plan a trip with a friend and their family who we get along well with. I am hopeful that maybe having some friends along may change the experience for him. Watch it backfire!!!!!! Well, thank you for giving me a forum to vent. Did not mean to take over your TR. Looking forward to reading more.

Hey Mickeyphile! Thanks so much for posting this!

You know, to this day I am not really sure what kept DH waiting for me in the lounge as opposed to going upstairs to the room. When he left the table, I said to him that I had no idea what room we were in (since only he had checked in and I had no key) but he kept on walking. It actually wasn't until I walked out of the restaurant and saw him sitting in the lounge with the kids that I realized he hadn't gone up to the room. I was expecting to have to use a house phone to call the room and find out where to go.

Perhaps he realized that it was important for me that we all go up together and threw me a bone. Not really sure what kept him in the lounge waiting for me, but I was really glad to see them there when I exited the restaurant!;)

Sorry Katie got sick, but glad she was feeling better the next morning.
The view from the CR is amazing. And those rooms are just beautiful.

Thanks!:goodvibes Yes, those rooms are gorgeous! I love them!!!:love: Hands down the nicest rooms on property IMO.

:) Just found your TR and am looking forward to more! You have a beautiful family!

Thank you and Welcome!!!:welcome:

The view from your room was spectacular! I can't imagine how wonderful that must have been! Poor Katie, so happy she felt better the next morning...

Can't wait to hear more.....popcorn::

Yes...there is nothing like the view from the CR Tower...at night, in the morning, anytime!;)

enjoying your trip report...looking forward to more

Thank you! More coming up soon!;)

Hoping to get an update (or two) up this weekend...

I really hope to get an update or two up over the weekend. However, I have a couple of things competing for my time.

First, I have been asked to take pictures of a family friend's wedding reception. The wedding was actually down south, but they are holding the wedding reception back home tomorrow evening.

Actually, the Bride and Groom are both former Cast Members! They each worked at the Canadian Pavillion at Epcot!

I am not a photographer by any stretch of the imagination. I take pictures of my kids and family and that's about it. And I really don't even know how to fully use my SLR camera in manual mode!:scared1: So of course, I am nervous as heck!!!:scared:

The mother of the bride saw an album I put together for my parents last year using some photos that I took. She asked if I would take pictures for them at the reception as they are not planning on hiring a photographer. Of course I said yes, but I am kinda freaking out about it right now. The reception doesn't start until 7pm, and it is supposed to be overcast and raining. And since I suck at taking low light photos, everything will have to be taken with a flash - which looks awful! Ugh!:sick:

In addition to all of our regular kid activities tomorrow, Katie is also having her dance rehearsal on Sunday.

Finally, Declan's birthday is coming up this month and I have to get cracking on planning his party. Although I had toyed with the idea of doing a stress-free movie-theatre party to see Toy Story 3, 2 days ago Declan got invited to the birthday party for a friend from his pre-school on the exact same day that we were going to have his party (June 26), and guess what they are doing? You guessed it! Going to see Toy Story 3!

Since at least half of the kids coming to Declan's party will be going to Sarah's party too, I am going back to the plan of a home party.

I have to get cracking on the party prepping this weekend. Fortunately, I already know the theme - a Pirate Party, and I already have a good start of the planning. But there is a lot I want to get accomplished on it this weekend.

Hopefully amidst all of that I will be able to post an update or two about the trip. But if I don't, you'll know what I have been busy with!;)

What an AMAZING view :cloud9: I am sorry Katie was not feeling well...but very happy she woke up in a better state. I would LOVE LOVE two more updates, but I know busy life comes first :goodvibes Good luck with the pictures, you will do great!! Aiden wants a pirate party too, but I think I may wait until he is 4 or 5 so I can really make it fun. Excited to see what you have planned!

What an AMAZING view :cloud9: I am sorry Katie was not feeling well...but very happy she woke up in a better state. I would LOVE LOVE two more updates, but I know busy life comes first :goodvibes Good luck with the pictures, you will do great!! Aiden wants a pirate party too, but I think I may wait until he is 4 or 5 so I can really make it fun. Excited to see what you have planned!

Thanks Katie! Yes, fortunately my Katie was fine from Day 2 on.:thumbsup2
I will keep you posted on the pirate party planning!;)

Hey Trish! Good luck with the photography...not that you'll need it. I'm sure you'll do a FANTASTIC job.

And I take it all back....yes, it can definitely get much worse than your dinner at Chef Mickey's. Glad to hear that Katie was feeling better on Day 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter