How I ended up on the camping board - How did you get here?

Whip, Thanks for the support. Sometimes what we do is not easy. Hope to meet you there. We've been in 500 the past two visits (TCD pictured the back of our site a few days ago), but who knows.

there was a whipperwhirl wind that just kind of blew me over this way.. lol

Our 1 year anniversary in 2005, I told my dh that I wanted to go to disney, I had camped several years earlier with some friends family from highschool. At first he was reluctant, thinking it was a kids vacation. I was bound and determined to make sure this was an awesome vacation for the both of us before our children had entered the picture. Because of this boards help, I was able to create an amazing vacation for the both of us, and we have been back several times since...with our 2 boys! SO DIS camping boards have been there for me the past 6 years...and its been a great relationship so far....PLEASE everyone don't leave....if your not here, how will I find out about the updates/constructions/news/and plain silliness thats happening at the fort?

As with any websites, people come and go, I for one have no intentions of going anywhere. Over the years I have met some awesome and knowledgeable and fun folk on the Disboards, and I'm sure I'll continue to meet more awesome and knowledgeable and fun folk, thats what the camping boards are all about.

And I for one, am super glad you're sticking around!! But when are we going fishin?

I arrived here not long after discovering the DISBoards. You can see my join date from the bit on the left (sorry, don't know what it's called, I'm new to all this). As we fly in from UK, no tent or RV for us and the cabins are way to expensive for just the 2 of us. (We stay at POP) I arrived here after picking up a thread showing some of your 'outfits'. I am sooo jealous!!!
In the UK we camp regularly throughout the summer (tenting) and really love it. The threads about the Fort as so lovely that I'm desperately trying to figure out a way for us to stay there somehow. In the meantime, I'll just keep lurking and enjoying.

And I for one, am super glad you're sticking around!! But when are we going fishin?

I was just talk'n to Denise about making our next Florida trip a fishing trip, ain't that a great idea :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Next trip we hit the land of the sun we'll let you know and make a play date.:woohoo:

I think the camping at disney world forum is educational and always entertaining. Maybe some people have said "something they shouldn't have", but doesn't that happen life all the time. I have gotten alot of information that has made our stays more enjoyable. My daughter and her husband, an active duty Marine, will be having their formal wedding ceremony at Shades of Green in September and we will be staying at The Fort. Her inlaws and grandparent inlaws will be pulling their camper from Indiana for the ceremony also. They are looking forward to The Fort. We are also planning on a trip to The Fort in December. I will have my green ears proudly displayed and hope to see many Fiends there as well. We always enjoy meeting fellow campers and showing off our MH.

A few years back, while camping at FW I was at the dog park with my dog & got to talking to a young guy from GA and he told me about this web forum his mother belongs to, etc. So, when I got home I checked it out and I have been hooked ever since.
I Love this Forum! I am so glad he told me about it!!!

well, it all started on my way over the river and thru the woods to grandma's house I would go,,
okay,here it is,,my DW and I had just returned from one of our first Fort trips, (we had rented a golf buggy while there.) I was looking up golf carts online when a buggy parade from the Fort pop'd up , which ended up taking me to the Disboards, :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

In 2002, we were planning a trip to Disney and since our newlywed friends had just gotten a bunch of camping gear for wedding gifts, I suggested that the four of us drive down and share a campsite. I hadn't camped at the Fort since I was a kid and since I'm one of those crazy planning types, I did an internet search for camping at Disney World and ended up here. I've been lurking around with a post here and there ever since.

My family has been camping in the fort since it opened. We are raising our third generation of fort fiends right now. We have always loved it and thought we knew a lot about it. however a couple halloweens ago we were up their and finally asked someone what the deal was with the green mickey ears were. The person told us. We were doing a one week turn around. so we left after halloween went home looked it up signed it up and went back to the fort 4 days later. I found myself online everynight in those 4 days getting updates on what was going on in the fort from the clearing out of the halloween that year. I have been hooked ever since as me and the wife try and makle it up there as much as we can with a 2 1/2 hour trip it makes it our home campground. love the disboards. this is the only forum I am part of, and I dont go into any other boards on here except the camping at disney. Met a few disers over the two and 1/2 years on here. I am a lurker more than a poster though. but all teh disers I have met have always been top notch

My DGF works for Southwest Airlines and gets discounts. When she called to inquire about where we could stay at a discount, FW came up. We've been to WDW many times and I have been a member on the Dis for awhile, so the two things made me come here to see what was doin'.

While camping at the Fort in Jan, We noticed the Mickey Lampost at the campsite next to us. I asked the campers about it and they gave me all the info on how to make one..We said we had been there for Christmas 2009 and were planning to go 2011..It helped that they were fron NH too.Made it easy to talk about Ft Wilderness and all the great memories we have had there! The gave us the info on the Dis site and have been enjoying it ever since.Stopping at the fort on our way home to NH in April..Already called Kenny and have our golf cart resv all set..::)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter