How i bought MY Tickets for Disney! and Universal and Seaworld!

trnsfrmr

Earning My Ears
HI all. I'm going to Disney in about two weeks and we held off on purchasing the tickets (we're not staying in a Disney resort :/) so as to maybe find a deal or something. Well, I was all set to buy them from undercover tourist and save a few pennies but then I remembered a site i used to use called ebates. basically if you shop at any store they work with, you end up with cash back.

So, I went to their site, and saw that they were promoting (and still are!) Orbitz with a 10% cash back option. On the orbitz website, I bought 4 sets of "5 days of magic" tickets- 3 days in the Major parks (NOT PARK HOPPER- that could be a dealbreaker for many) and 2 days in the water parks. I also purchased universal tickets- 1day park hopper..

My grand total per is $408 per person before we get the cash back (in a few months)- the cash back will amount to about $40 each, so we are going to Disney for 3 days, universal for 1 day, and disney water parks for 2 days for a grand total of $368! I found this to be a great deal and hopefully it helps someone else here!

Also: Seaworld is running a promotion, $42 off the normal price, so we paid $50 for these tickets!

The money I am saving will allow me to go a little overboard on proposing to my girlfriend day 1 at MK!!!

Do you know what ebates means when they have some companies listed as an example "10% off" while others have "UP TO 10% off". I ask because I'm thinking there may be a cap when it says "up to".

I can't find anywhere on ebates where they explain this distinction, but on another thread here someone said one travel site's "up to x%" capped at $30.

I'm thinking about this for myself as well - as I just rebooked our December room only ressie with AoA for a 3 night Car's Suite through ebates link to cheaptickets.com using the CHEAP20 code on cheaptickets's site. We either saved $107 if there is no cap, or $92 if there is a cap. Either way a good deal for me. I may use this for our one-day Universal tickets as I can't seem to find a decent deal for a single day anywhere!

Do you know what ebates means when they have some companies listed as an example "10% off" while others have "UP TO 10% off". I ask because I'm thinking there may be a cap when it says "up to".

I can't find anywhere on ebates where they explain this distinction, but on another thread here someone said one travel site's "up to x%" capped at $30.

I'm thinking about this for myself as well - as I just rebooked our December room only ressie with AoA for a 3 night Car's Suite through ebates link to cheaptickets.com using the CHEAP20 code on cheaptickets's site. We either saved $107 if there is no cap, or $92 if there is a cap. Either way a good deal for me. I may use this for our one-day Universal tickets as I can't seem to find a decent deal for a single day anywhere!

Yes- there is a breakdown somewhere- the actual 10% is off ACTIVITY RESERVATIONS.. which would be disney or universal :)

OK found it (didn't mean to freak you out, looks like it's the activity purchases that qualify for the 10%, so ticket purchases are good to go!)

Orbitz on ebates:

10.0% Cash Back per Activity reservation

4.50% Cash Back on Pre-paid Hotel reservation; 1% Cash Back on Pre-paid reservation w/coupon

3.0% Cash Back on Retail reservation

2.50% Cash Back per Vacation Package reservation; 1% per Vacation Package Hotel reservation w/coupon

$25.00 Cash Back per Cruise reservation

$3.60 Cash Back per Car reservation

$1.80 Cash Back per Air ticket

YEA! I'm getting our tickets here! Unless of course I opted for annual passes if we come back in October for HHN!

OK found it (didn't mean to freak you out, looks like it's the activity purchases that qualify for the 10%, so ticket purchases are good to go!)

Orbitz on ebates:

4.50% Cash Back on Pre-paid Hotel reservation; 1% Cash Back on Pre-paid reservation w/coupon

2.50% Cash Back per Vacation Package reservation; 1% per Vacation Package Hotel reservation w/coupon

YEA! I'm getting our tickets here! Unless of course I opted for annual passes if we come back in October for HHN!

Glad i could spur you in the right direction!

Be aware that "Touch of Magic" tickets are special-priced promotional tickets, usually available through time shares, and cannot be upgraded or modified in any way.

You can get MYW buy 3 days get 2 free from Orbitz as well - those you can upgrade.

Orbitz on ebates:

I bought these tickets then upgraded to annual passes and paid difference. Disney bridges the difference and gives you credit for what they sell them for. Then I paid diff with gc I got at target for 10% off. With ebates, Disney bridging, and gc, I saved at least $70 off my annual pass.

Great job OP

We're planning a trip to Universal for the first time ever this November and have yet to start looking for ticket deals. I have to double check my math, but it looks like I could get 3day park to park for only $25 more total (family of 5) thru ebates + orbitz than 3 day base tix thru the Universal site.

Does anyone remember when ebates offers double cash back on all stores? It was around Christmas, but can't remember if it was Black Friday or other days. I was new to ebates last year but recall getting a great deal on ebags luggage going thru ebates on the double cash back day. Is it possible to get 20% back on Orbitz?? That sounds too good to be true.

Congratulations OP. To all looking for cheap universal tickets try USSSA site. That is where we bought for December trip. They also have cheap disney ticket but it expires in Oct which will not work for us. I am also not sure if these are upgrade able.

Congratulations OP on your great deal and also on planning the proposal. My fiance proposed to me in May on a trip to Lake Tahoe while we were on a photography tour, have it all on photos, great memories. Not sure if you could do this but you may be able to get a photopass photographer to get some pics for you. Last time we were at Disney we joined a photopass share off FB rather inexpensively and since there were only two of us traveling it was nice to have pictures together. Best wishes to you.

Does anyone remember when ebates offers double cash back on all stores? It was around Christmas, but can't remember if it was Black Friday or other days. I was new to ebates last year but recall getting a great deal on ebags luggage going thru ebates on the double cash back day. Is it possible to get 20% back on Orbitz?? That sounds too good to be true.

The 10% rebate is a special, it comes and goes. I think the regular savings is around 6%. So I doubt they would have anything higher for the holidays.

Thanks everyone for the kind words, looks like I spawned a couple of other more detailed threads, glad i could help!

HI all. I'm going to Disney in about two weeks and we held off on purchasing the tickets (we're not staying in a Disney resort :/) so as to maybe find a deal or something. Well, I was all set to buy them from undercover tourist and save a few pennies but then I remembered a site i used to use called ebates. basically if you shop at any store they work with, you end up with cash back.

So, I went to their site, and saw that they were promoting (and still are!) Orbitz with a 10% cash back option. On the orbitz website, I bought 4 sets of "5 days of magic" tickets- 3 days in the Major parks (NOT PARK HOPPER- that could be a dealbreaker for many) and 2 days in the water parks. I also purchased universal tickets- 1day park hopper..

My grand total per is $408 per person before we get the cash back (in a few months)- the cash back will amount to about $40 each, so we are going to Disney for 3 days, universal for 1 day, and disney water parks for 2 days for a grand total of $368! I found this to be a great deal and hopefully it helps someone else here!

Also: Seaworld is running a promotion, $42 off the normal price, so we paid $50 for these ltickets!

The money I am saving will allow me to go a little overboard on proposing to my girlfriend day 1 at MK!!!

To the OP check your orbits tickets I brought the same tickets thru ebates and orbits for my trip this past may and it is a 5 day pass with buy 3 days get 2 days free with water parks. So essentially you get 5 days major parks plus 2 days of waterparks as well. Hope this helps or adds to your planning!!

To the OP check your orbits tickets I brought the same tickets thru ebates and orbits for my trip this past may and it is a 5 day pass with buy 3 days get 2 days free with water parks. So essentially you get 5 days major parks plus 2 days of waterparks as well. Hope this helps or adds to your planning!!

Oh wow! I just noticed that - it is actually under the overview. So this even has more value than the 5 day park hopper from UT. Thanks for pointing that out!

Congrats Op...on both your upcoming proposal and saving some $ on your trip too!
Have a great time!

Thanks so much for posting this! I purchased 2 adult 6 day and 1 child no park hopper passes and will be receiving just over $93 back from Ebates. Making each day under $50! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter