• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Hot and Crowded are the parks?

catigger

Mouseketeer
We will be there in ten days and am trying to get an idea of how many rides you can fit in a day. Thanks!

We will be there in ten days and am trying to get an idea of how many rides you can fit in a day. Thanks!

It was warm today. I saw too many sunburns in the park today. The park was busy today, perhaps because of the 55th.

Last weekend was perfect -- not too hot, not too crowded....We could have stayed all day. We only took a brief break in the afternoon. Today was totally different. We got here @ 7:15 and escaped to go to the coolness of our room just after noon! (With a fistful of fastpasses!) We didn't make it back into the park until 10pm! We ended up taking long naps because everyone was so wiped out because of the heat. Then we did the pool and then dinner. So, it's hard to say -- you'll need to be flexible and have a couple of different contingency plans.

Well, hopefully you are setup to avoid the crowds and heat. IMO that is way more fun and you can do lots of rides. We can get in 30 rides on a summer day when we try because we get an afternoon break. Use good touring strategies and it will not be a big issue. See "Getting The Most Out of a Summer Visit To DLR" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1345319. Also consider Ridemax www.ridemax.com.

We are going to be at DLR in 9 days ourselves. :woohoo:

I don't know what it will be like when you get to DLR, Catigger, but it has been hot hot hot in the last several days:scared1: (like in the 100 degree range). Today is supposed to be a "cooler" 92 in Anaheim! It may not be like that when you get there - it quite possibly could have cooled down even more (we are supposed to see a bit of a temperature drop this next week, but it will still be hot) - but it probably won't be unseasonably cool like it was a week or two ago either.

It's pretty warm right now - it's funny, DH and I are from Florida and think it's quite pleasant and all we keep seeing on the news is people complaining about the heat!!!

As hot as it is during the day though, I still wore a sweater at night.

California Adventure didn't seem too crowded on friday - we walked on most rides, the only ones we waited on were Toy Story Mania (10-15 mins) and Tower of Terror (13 mins :rotfl:) We had a plan so maybe that helped!

Yesterday at DL it was more crowded, but we got there really early and managed to do almost every single ride, plus we took an afternoon break. If you plan it out, it really is easy to get everything done.

It's pretty warm right now - it's funny, DH and I are from Florida and think it's quite pleasant and all we keep seeing on the news is people complaining about the heat!!!

As hot as it is during the day though, I still wore a sweater at night.

California Adventure didn't seem too crowded on friday - we walked on most rides, the only ones we waited on were Toy Story Mania (10-15 mins) and Tower of Terror (13 mins :rotfl:) We had a plan so maybe that helped!

Yesterday at DL it was more crowded, but we got there really early and managed to do almost every single ride, plus we took an afternoon break. If you plan it out, it really is easy to get everything done.

I totally understand the sweater at night! We have gone in July or Aug. and will go this Aug. While it is usually pretty warm during the day, and we take naps during the hot afternoon hours, the nights can get pretty cool! For me it is just right, but for DD3 I bring along a jacket!

I checked the forecast for this week (I will be there in two days) and the temps are dropping to highs of the upper 70's and lows of lower 60's. Wow!! What a difference from the last couple of days.

Yes, that is life in SoCal. Keep checking the weather. There are very few horribly hot days, and remember that our humidities are always very low. My 15 year old daughter needs a sweatshirt EVERY weekend evening at Disneyland.

As for the crowds, they are very manageable. All the SoCal passholders are blocked out for the rest of the summer.

Yes, that is life in SoCal. Keep checking the weather. There are very few horribly hot days, and remember that our humidities are always very low. My 15 year old daughter needs a sweatshirt EVERY weekend evening at Disneyland.

As for the crowds, they are very manageable. All the SoCal passholders are blocked out for the rest of the summer.

I think it all depends on the person and each person's ability to adapt to heat or susceptibility to getting sick in heat. Some of us are much more heat-sensitive than others. To me, this whole past week has been horribly hot and there are always weeks like this every year (though they may be spread out between July, August and September, and sometimes even October). I've always been super heat sensitive (even since childhood), to where anything over 80 is too hot for me. But this past week has been really, really uncomfortably hot for me.

And I walked around in a t-shirt and no coat or jacket at DLR last December - at night - and it was not too cold for me! So you can guess that I never need a sweatshirt at night during the summer!:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter