• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How helpful is CP experience?

kitty823

Earning My Ears
im a CP alumni and I recently applied for a disney. How helpful is ,y CP experience when it comes to making my application stand out ?

Personally because of the CP when I went into interviews employers were very impressed that I was "Disney trained" because obviously Disney is one of the best companies when it comes to customer service. I believe my old job they even said Disney was the selling point to me being hired :)

I must say employers have been impressed but having Disney hasn't been the huge deal that I thought it was going to be. I've been trying to get back in at Disney since my program and that has been a total mess.

For employment with Disney, CP experience doesn't really help you stand out much, since there's a lot of CPs that are trying to use it as a stepping stone. For jobs elsewhere in Central Florida, they tend to have the "why doesn't this person work for Disney anymore?" mentality, and although it may not hurt you, it probably won't help much either. Outside of the Central Florida area, people who know about Disney's training and reputation for guest service will probably give it a little more weight, but others may not.

In the end, it's never a bad thing to have a Fortune 100 company on your resume, it just may not help you out as much as you thought it might.

Outside of the Central Florida Area, people love talking about it. Locally, its not that impressive. Before deciding to stay with the company, I interview in other states of interest and thats all they wanted to talk about. Originally I was at the Haunted mansion, I now work in finance. The two don't exactly go hand in hand. People love it.

Here in the UK it's a really good thing as obviously it's a lot less common. So if you're ever looking for jobs abroad it'll hold much more weight :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter