How Have the Crowds Been Lately?

disneyquilter

It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow...
Hi there Everyone :wave2:

How have the crowds been? We are leaving in 9 days and I was wondering if the crowds have died down a bit.

Thanks for the info :goodvibes

Hi, I just returned last night. :sad1: We arrived last Wednesday the 17th to non existing crowds at the MK. We had equally non exsisting crowds Thursday at AK & Epcot. However Friday, Saturday & Sunday were definately much more crowded. More crowded than I've seen it at this time of the year. That being said it was very manageable if you get to parks first thing in the AM & utilize fast pass. Yes there are people everywhere but there is no need to wait in lines longer than 20 minutes if you plan ahead. Have a great time!

I'd love to know this, too - Thursday Ill be in the world!!!

Went to Epcot on Saturday and there was no line to the new Nemo ride but Soarin' had a 60 min wait.

We were at AK and MK yesterday for a day trip. AK was supposed to be low crowds (4/10) and was busy!! I saw quite a few Brazilian tourist groups. We were not able to get a FP for EE and we got there mid-morning. We were able to walk on Dinosaur though. :confused3 We had a FP for that and didn't even need it.

MK wasn't quite as bad. 25min for POTC, 30min for TMRR. We didn't realize it was EMH though so we didn't have very long to play.

I just got back today, saw an increase in the crowds Saturday. I bet the new Parties have something to do with it. Yes lots of tour groups but I didn't have any problems with them. If you are at the parks at rope drop the rides will be walk on but after 10:30 forget it.

Just don't think that you can get to the parks late because of it being slow season, there is no slow time at WDW anymore. Just slower than summer.

We were there from Sun14th-Sat20th. MLK weekend was awful!! We did Mk on Sunday and hardly rode anything.(we don't like to wait over 30 min)
Monday the 15th at AK was packed as well. Lots of tours going on.

It really died down after that though. We fast passed some things that had longer wait times but didn't wait more than 20 min for most rides.

We learned our lesson. We will never again go MLK weekend!!

We arrived on the 8th January and still have a week to go. We've been to every park at least twice now and have always been there for opening. I have to say that it is way busier than I expected and we have been following a quiet days guide for each park! By 10am every park has been really busy. I've seen FP all gone for certain rides by 11.30am.

I can't believe I am about to say this but it has been busier than our first visit which was Dec 21-28th 2003! When we came then we were able to do all of Fantasyland and make a start on Tomorrowland in just over an hour - no chance of that this time.

We just got back last night, and it really varied from park to park and day to day. Epcot and AK (EMH night) on Thursday were not bad, and we did nearly everything from 8-5 at MK (EMH morning) the next day. ToT was a walk-on pretty much all day Friday (rode it 4 times...had a fastpass that we didn't even use), but the EMH evening at Epcot was really crowded that night. Saturday at Epcot didn't seem too bad, but we spent most of the day in the countries. AK on Sunday was pretty busy, so we hopped over to Epcot which was less crowded (but we didn't ride anything; it was almost time to go). Hope this helps.

Thanks to all the DISers who have been to the parks recently for the input. :goodvibes Hopefully it won't be too bad while we're there. ;)

9 days to go...:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter