How has a Cast Member made your day, stay more pleasurable?

goofy&tigger2

Mouseketeer
How has a Cast Member made your day, stay more pleasurable?

Let's give a shout out to all the Cast Members who have done a great job in enhancing our trips! :worship::worship:

Just their sincerity. They always demonstrate genuine kindness, and I always feel like a welcomed guest into a neighbor's home, rather than "just another customer." A smile and sincere kind attitude goes a long way, and that has always made our Disney trips magical. Do keep up the good work!

We had a really cool experience in the MK last year during our September trip, this was DH's and DD's first trip to Disney and both were wearing their buttons.

DH and DD (who had just turned 4) stopped for ice cream while I went to find a restroom. DH happened to find a coveted shaded spot in Adventure land so they could eat their ice cream and wait for me. Well, two bites into her ice cream DD drops hers on the ground (a big deal to a 4 year old) DH, who was not giving up the shady spot and getting back in line, gave her his ice cream, of course it wasn't her favorite but better than nothing.....a CM was watching and not only did he come right over to clean up the mess, with a smile I might add, he first went to the vending cart and got DD a replacement ice cream.:love:

That might not sound like a big thing but it really impressed DH, the attitudes and atmosphere at Disney really contributed to us wanting to go back this year.

We had a really cool experience in the MK last year during our September trip, this was DH's and DD's first trip to Disney and both were wearing their buttons.

DH and DD (who had just turned 4) stopped for ice cream while I went to find a restroom. DH happened to find a coveted shaded spot in Adventure land so they could eat their ice cream and wait for me. Well, two bites into her ice cream DD drops hers on the ground (a big deal to a 4 year old) DH, who was not giving up the shady spot and getting back in line, gave her his ice cream, of course it wasn't her favorite but better than nothing.....a CM was watching and not only did he come right over to clean up the mess, with a smile I might add, he first went to the vending cart and got DD a replacement ice cream.:love:

That might not sound like a big thing but it really impressed DH, the attitudes and atmosphere at Disney really contributed to us wanting to go back this year.

Wow that's really special.

When we ate at Bome last year and then got on a bus taking us back to Downtown Disney, we were the only ones on it and the bus driver heard us talking about getting back to our resort,CBR. He then said he would drop us off there and at our bus stop too. He was so nice and we thanked him and I was going to write to Disney but I didn't want to get him into trouble for going off his route. What a nice addition to our trip:goodvibes

Such a silly, little thing, but I felt special...

I had a newbie with me on our grown-up girls only trip in March. We got off the DME at BC, and the manager came out with a huge grin on his face. I thought he was just going to welcome everyone getting off the bus. Well, he stuck his hand out to shake mine and said "Welcome home, Miss My-Hard-To-Pronounce-Polynesian-Surname! How was your trip?" and took our bags to the counter. He introduced me to three CMs on our way into BC. I'm sure it had something to do with checking in on DME, so he knew we were due to arrive, but it made me feel really special. Of course, my newbie friend was floored. As we were checking in she said "Wow, you really do come here a lot!" :lmao:

We visited MK the last night of our trip to celebrate our son's 7th birthday. He really wanted to ride Space Mountain one last time, but the line had a 45 minute wait and no more fast passes. We were sooo tired and really didn't want to wait, but gave in since it was his birthday. We were in line for about 2 minutes when a CM walked over to my son and noticed his birthday button and gave us 3 fast passes! It was such a nice gesture and really made a huge impression on all of us. :)

On our trip last Sept., we were on sort of a scavenger hunt to find something my brother and his family hid for us at DHS. (They were there the week prior to us visiting) We must have looked strange because we were trying to follow the clues my brother gave us and were looking under and behind benches. :confused3 A CM noticed us and asked if we needed help. He must have thought we lost something. When we explained that we were trying to follow clues to find something, he and another CM immediately wanted to hear the clues and help us. One CM was so into it, he was on his radio reading the clues to other CM's to try and get help. They were so nice and did help us find the "hidden message" my brother left for us. Certainly not part of their job duties... but they were so helpful. :)

Yes!!! Our 2 trips to WDW have been made so magical by the cast members. From the elderly man who poured Mickey confetti into my hand at the gate (or as he told me "pixie dust") to the cast member who made our 5 month old at the time an honorary prince of the day at sword in the stone, to the woman at check in who gave our son a balloon. It is the cast members who create that magic. It was noticeably absent when we recently took a trip to Disneyland in CA as opposed to WDW in Florida. It is the cast members who take it from a theme park experience to a truly magical escape.

We stayed onsite for the very first time last September. As such I did not really understand the need to make ADRs in plenty of time. On our off site stays we tended to spend the days at the parks, have lunch at a counter service and then had dinner somewhere off site. Anyway, I decided to do my ADRs with less than 3 weeks to go before our vacation. As this was also during free dining, needless to say, I could get nothing apart from one dinner ADR at Boma.

We did OK. We managed a walk up dinner at DTD and two walk up lunches at the parks and had a couple of meals off site. For the most part we just ate at Olivia's at our home resort OKW as they always managed to fit us in.

One day, neither of us fancied dinner at Olivia's, but we did not want to venture either to DTD or off site. I tried in the afternoon to ring the dining number from our room and could not even get through.

We decided to head for the lobby concierge as I had heard that they can sometimes get you last minute reservations. We really wanted to try our the Turf Club at Saratoga Springs. He rang what I assume was the dining line and advised us that there was no availability. He must have realized how disappointed we were. Suddenly he asked us how flexible we were regarding timings and if we had any plans for the rest of the evening. We told him that we had no plans and were willing to accept any time as long as we had enough time to get there by boat. He told us that he knew one of the hostesses at the Turf Club and proceeded to ring them direct. He then told us to make our way over there straight away and report to the podium and they would fit us in. When we got there, we were given a pager and had about 20 minutes time to explore the resort before our pager went off. We had a great meal there. When we got back to OKW, me made a point to stop by the Lobby Concierge to say a big thank you. This cast members kindness really made our day.

Corinna

Soft spot for us, we're from Ohio and our daughter was on the CP and worked in EPCOT. She got us CM discount for the Y&B resort and we made the trip down, missed her alot, and walking into EPCOT and seeing her in her CM uniform, working and a smile from ear to ear, made our hearts jump. She was a Disney child her whole life, made many a trip to WDW, and now having a dream come true of actually working for WDW, what can I say. We made 2 other trips down while she was doing the CP, CM discount can't be beat, and met so many great CM friends of hers that were just beaming with excitement and pride to be working there, they don't consider it working but having fun, and to actually go back after work to all the parks to play is a once in a life time experience treasured by those that get the advantage of going, made tears come to our eyes. They had a chart in their dorm, each night a different park or show or restaurant they we going to try. I envy every CM I meet and always when I can, strike up a conversation with them, read their name tag and comment of where they're from and always thank them for making the magic alittle bit better by the joy I see in their faces, without them it would just be a boring amusement park, sorry for the rambling.........

There is a CM at the BWI CL - Pete - that is super. We had checked and were given a King bed instead of two queens. We needed the queens. REsort was full no extra room. The following day I got a call from the lobby saying they could move us as Pete called and explained the situation and followed up again in the AM with the lobby staff eventhough it was his vacation day and had taken his wife to a Dr. appt - he still called to check we were moved! On check out day it was 100 degrees and we of course had to leave the room by 11 but couldn't check into our next stop, AKL under 3. No worries, said Pete. Picked up a phone and got us a 2 hour extension on the room. Just a super nice guy....

We were going to dinner at Mama Melrose and realized that my youngest daughter left her Mickey Doll outside, it was gone and she was heartbroken as she had purchased it with her own money. The waitress hearing all of the commotion, came back to the table with a voucher for my daughter to purchase the Mickey doll that she had lost.

I was in tears, it was such a wonderful thing for her (and her manager) to do and brought such joy to my daughter, (she was only 5 and it had been a trip of whatever can go wrong, did.)

I now make susre that I write down the names of CM's who go out of their way for us. Sometimes guestures may appear small but they mean the world to those on the recieving end.

We visited MK the last night of our trip to celebrate our son's 7th birthday. He really wanted to ride Space Mountain one last time, but the line had a 45 minute wait and no more fast passes. We were sooo tired and really didn't want to wait, but gave in since it was his birthday. We were in line for about 2 minutes when a CM walked over to my son and noticed his birthday button and gave us 3 fast passes! It was such a nice gesture and really made a huge impression on all of us. :)

On our trip last Sept., we were on sort of a scavenger hunt to find something my brother and his family hid for us at DHS. (They were there the week prior to us visiting) We must have looked strange because we were trying to follow the clues my brother gave us and were looking under and behind benches. :confused3 A CM noticed us and asked if we needed help. He must have thought we lost something. When we explained that we were trying to follow clues to find something, he and another CM immediately wanted to hear the clues and help us. One CM was so into it, he was on his radio reading the clues to other CM's to try and get help. They were so nice and did help us find the "hidden message" my brother left for us. Certainly not part of their job duties... but they were so helpful. :)
Wow that is cool that they helped you. So what was the message your brother left you and where did he leave it? Did a CM find it or did you find it on your own?:upsidedow

We took our boys ages 3 and 8 months for their first visit last year in August, and yes we were the during Tropical Storm Fay. We came back from riding the safari ride to discover that someone had taken our stroller rain cover. We had a double stroller so we were not going to find another one at the park, and we sure didn't need two kids getting sopping wet. A cast member saw us and asked what was wrong. When we told her what had happened, she gave us a FastPass to ride the safari ride again and assured us she would help us out while we were one the ride. When we got off the ride, the CM was standing there with a makeshift cover that she had crafted. My boys were thrilled with it because it had characters all over it. She even tied two Disney balloons on the stroller for them. She definitely went above and beyond the call of duty. That was the boys first real taste of the CM Disney magic.

We haven't actually arrived yet, but I will share a story that I'm thinking will relate to this topic, before we even get there. We are about three weeks away from our trip at the POLY and every time I speak with my TA she has always asked us if we were celebrating anything while we are there. Each time I have said, "no, just going have family time". Well, the last time she asked me on Friday, I thought about it and mentioned to her that my daughter just had her 15th surgery and we were pretty sure this was going to be the last one for a long time. She took that information and made a phone call to Disney, then called me back about 10 minutes later stating that she spoke with a CM who wanted to talk to me right away. The CM called me and I told her my daughter's situation (which thank God is not life-threatening) and she was soooooooo compassionate that she said she is going to make this THE MOST MAGICAL VACATION my daughter has ever had. She asked me if we had any particular plans set already (which we don't) and if my daughter needed any type of special room accommodations etc. (which she doesn't, thankfully). We have standard room at Poly booked. Then she stated she will be calling me periodically before our stay there to tell me some plans and some others will be a "secret". I immediately called my TA back and my TA said that she was NUMB because she couldn't believe the stuff they were telling her that they are going to do for my daughter. I still can't believe how much effort this CM is putting toward my daughter and cannot wait to find out what she is working on. Has this every happened to anyone before? I think I will post this in the general thread also so forgive me if you see a duplicate! I will keep anyone posted of the actual events when we return if you'd like. My TA said she's pretty sure it will be amazing.

A cast member from SSR's counter service restaurant remembered my name (was on my shirt with Mickey Ears airbrushed into it the First day of our stay) on the 3rd day of our visit... with the zillions of people there I was very touched that someone would remember my name out of all the others that ate there! I had no nametag, nothing... this person actually remembered my name. Made my day!

Anyways before I left the resort on the 6th day I was sure to fill out a comment card regarding that and telling them to give her a raise or something.

Small acts of kindness (like she did) are one of the things that gives me hope that this world will be brighter one day in the future, one smile at a time.

Quote:

Wow that is cool that they helped you. So what was the message your brother left you and where did he leave it? Did a CM find it or did you find it on your own?

Not a great treasure or anything, but he had spelled out my son's name using Disney stickers. The CM figured out the clues and found the stickers. They were on the back of a bench leg. We did remove the stickers entirely... didn't leave any mess or sticky residue. The CM was pretty impressed with the clues and thought it was a cool thing. My brother did the same thing at AK and we were able to find those on our own. My son sure had fun searching.

Teena S - Beach Club, Sherena at POP Century & Philomena from Haiti at Coronado Springs Resort, all gave warm & caring welcomes to make me immediately feel at home at each resort! :goodvibes

We had an ADR for latest seating at the Cape May Cafe breakfast. We were late and missed our time and they were closing the restaurant. The host there, and I don't remember his name :blush:, felt bad. He told us we couldn't go into the parks with empty stomachs and invited us to help ourselves to whatever was left on the buffet. He didn't charge us and made a ressie for us to come back the next day. :worship: You can bet we were on time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter