How hard is it to get into Jedi Training?

When we were there last week, there was a cast member out front directing people into the building where you sign up. No way you could miss it if you were anywhere nearby.

I was in a panic about getting signed up as well, since both of my guys were obsessed with doing it. We were there at rope drop, but the kids and grandparents went ahead of us while we got lockers, then got lost. It was a good 20 min after rope drop before we got in line, and we still got an 11:50 a.m. slot, so as long as you are there early, you should be fine.

Can anyone tell me how long the sign up process might take if you are there at rope drop on an early entry day? I'm a TA for a group of 19 and there are 8 kids who want to do this. I'm wondering if it will use up a lot of that first hour in the park.

If one adult walks very quickly with all 8 kids, they have a better chance of reaching the line faster than as a complete group. And, if all 8 kids are truly between the ages of 4-12, then the CM will be able to get through the questions quickly. So, maybe 15 minutes at most.

If one adult walks very quickly with all 8 kids, they have a better chance of reaching the line faster than as a complete group. And, if all 8 kids are truly between the ages of 4-12, then the CM will be able to get through the questions quickly. So, maybe 15 minutes at most.

Thank you for the info. I've been on several forums looking for an answer about the time it takes, and you are the first to give me an actual answer. So again, Thanks!:goodvibes

What questions will they ask? Is it to see if they're too shy to participate? To see how much they know about Star Wars? Or more like having to do with how old they are?

Just curious, if going with more than one child, is it possible they will sign up some, but not all of the children in the group?

Thanks.

What questions will they ask? Is it to see if they're too shy to participate? To see how much they know about Star Wars? Or more like having to do with how old they are? Just curious, if going with more than one child, is it possible they will sign up some, but not all of the children in the group? Thanks.

Yes, they will be asked their age and if they want to participate in the training. Some kids are there only because their parents want them to take part in JTA so, if they speak up at sign-ups, they won't take a spot away from kids who want to be Younglings.

As long as the child is between 4-12 and states he wants to participate, he/she will be allowed to sign-up.

This might be a dumb question but I don't want to screw this up for our HS day. We're going on an EMH morning in April and we were planning on signing the kids up for Jedi Training. Do you get to choose the time of the show the kids participate in? Or are you stuck with the next available time slot? Main reason I'm asking is that we wanted to sign up for the 11:00 or 11:50 show (don't want an earlier time slot). Thanks for the help!

This might be a dumb question but I don't want to screw this up for our HS day. We're going on an EMH morning in April and we were planning on signing the kids up for Jedi Training. Do you get to choose the time of the show the kids participate in? Or are you stuck with the next available time slot? Main reason I'm asking is that we wanted to sign up for the 11:00 or 11:50 show (don't want an earlier time slot). Thanks for the help!

As long as there are slots available, they will schedule the kids into slots that fit your Fp+ and ADR schedule. Make sure you have all that info ready when you get to DHS. The kids do need to arrive approximately 30 minutes before their scheduled session to get their robes and directions. If you arrive too late, the slots may be filled by kids on the waiting list.

Can anyone tell me what the different time slots are.

The first session is at 9:20 and then held every 50 minutes. Between 1:00 and 3:00 they may be held every 30 minutes and then from 4:40 or so, they are back to every 50 minutes.

This is from wdwent.com:
Jedi Training Academy
Taking a cue from the popular Star Wars Saga, the power of the Force and the magic of Disney combine for an original and intergalactic entertainment experience. Young Jedi hopefuls learn lightsaber moves before facing off against the evil Darth Vader. Near Star Tours.
20-minute shows Star Wars merchandise
9:20, 10:10, 11:00 & 11:50am, 12:40, 1:20, 1:50, 2:20, 3:40, 4:10, 4:40, 5:30, 6:20, 7:10 & 8:00pm
Space is limited, and participants (ages 4-12) must be present to register. Please see a Cast Member at the ABC Sound Studio early in the day to make same-day reservations.

When we were there last week, there was a cast member out front directing people into the building where you sign up. No way you could miss it if you were anywhere nearby.

I was in a panic about getting signed up as well, since both of my guys were obsessed with doing it. We were there at rope drop, but the kids and grandparents went ahead of us while we got lockers, then got lost. It was a good 20 min after rope drop before we got in line, and we still got an 11:50 a.m. slot, so as long as you are there early, you should be fine.

I just did this with my nephew last week as well. There was a sign out front about the sign ups, and there was also a CM holding a sign and pointing where to go. So it's obvious where you have to go. I want to say though that the building had a different sign than "Sounds Dangerous." I wish I could remember what it said. The entrance is right after the American Idol sign and there is a outside gift shop on the right of the entrance. When I came out of Hollywood and Vine there was a CM standing at the turn in the road and I asked to make sure and she pointed me right to the building.

What questions will they ask? Is it to see if they're too shy to participate? To see how much they know about Star Wars? Or more like having to do with how old they are?

Just curious, if going with more than one child, is it possible they will sign up some, but not all of the children in the group?

Thanks.

We were there last week and all they asked my nephew was what was his first name and last initial (so they can put it on the little ticket they print out to give you and also the list) and how old he was. Then she said something like "are you ready for Jedi training" and he said yes. I think they just want to make sure they are between 4-12. The person in front of me had 2 children that wanted to participate, and they signed them both up together.

I will say that if they are four, just make sure they can follow direction well. We had a four year old in our group, and he was kind of confused. He couldn't ever get his light saber open, and he wouldn't follow along with the Jedi Master. It was ok because the guy kind of helped him along, but he also made comments like "are you really four" and things like that. So it might be a little embarrassing for them if they can't follow along.

Yes, they will be asked their age and if they want to participate in the training. Some kids are there only because their parents want them to take part in JTA so, if they speak up at sign-ups, they won't take a spot away from kids who want to be Younglings.

As long as the child is between 4-12 and states he wants to participate, he/she will be allowed to sign-up.

I saw two kids end up not participating with my nephews group. The first was before they ever got on stage. They were handing out robes, and a little girl started crying that she didn't want to do it. Then her little brother did the same thing. The parents kept saying "you'll be ok" and finally the little brother did it, but the girl didn't.

The second was a little boy got all the way to the part when Darth Vader comes out, and then he started crying his little eyes out. I guess he was scared of him. One of the girls just got him and took him off the stage. :(

I have heard a lot of people say they will work around your schedule so I think you would be ok. The girl asked us "is 10:10 ok" so they probably confirm it with your before signing you up. The only problem I could see is if those times are filled up and you have to go into a later show.

Thanks, that might be it...it was a small sign up on the top of the building ledge. It might just have said Sound Studio. I remember it not saying "Sounds Dangerous" like everyone refers to.

There used to be an attraction inside that building called "Sounds Dangerous." That's why people refer to it as the old Sounds Dangerous building. It's one of those things like you see in a small town when you're getting directions and the locals who have lived there for 100 years tell you to turn left at the road where the old sawmill used to be. :headache: :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter