How hard is it to get CCV studios in early December?

samsp99

Earning My Ears
I am really tempted to buy a smaller CCV contract (~100pts) to complement a BWV contract I bought earlier in the year. I am realizing that one is never enough, and why y’all have multiple banners in your signature strip.
I would like to do a split stay - BWV for easy Epcot and HS access, and wilderness lodge for more of the holiday magic feel.
Trying to book at 7mo is going to be a waitlist and pray scenario, if I get the home resort advantage, am I still going to be needing to walk to be successful.
I am thinking 2024 is shot, but for next year, so I have some time to wait for the right resale to pop up. I also like the idea of having a contract post 2042, but not as long as I will be older and therefore probably not as ride centric at 70+.

CCV studios are among the hardest to get in December, so you would almost certainly need to own there.

Will you need to walk to get December dates? Yes, this year that was the case, although I have heard of a few people piecing together shorter stays after the 11 month mark.

With that in mind, I would advise against a December use year at CCV, as you will need to walk your dates from early November in order to get them I suspect (possibly earlier).

I own at CCV but don’t visit at Christmas time. Generally, other dates are not difficult to get at the 11 month mark.

I am really tempted to buy a smaller CCV contract (~100pts) to complement a BWV contract I bought earlier in the year. I am realizing that one is never enough, and why y’all have multiple banners in your signature strip.
I would like to do a split stay - BWV for easy Epcot and HS access, and wilderness lodge for more of the holiday magic feel.
Trying to book at 7mo is going to be a waitlist and pray scenario, if I get the home resort advantage, am I still going to be needing to walk to be successful.
I am thinking 2024 is shot, but for next year, so I have some time to wait for the right resale to pop up. I also like the idea of having a contract post 2042, but not as long as I will be older and therefore probably not as ride centric at 70+.
Not sure if this was just luck and dedication or if it’s really possible do this every year but I was able to book a studio for 6 nights in early December about a month after the 11mo window opened with some waitlisting and a LOT of stalking. Not sure you’d be able to do that at 7mo though. Walking would guarantee you get the nights you want but I’m not actually sure you need to; while I was stalking my trip together I saw a lot of availability change during those first 2 weeks of December that I’m sure if you’re a little flexible you can pretty quickly string together a 5-7 day stay.

I think if you’re looking to add another contract anyway and would like to stay at CCV during the holidays it’s very much worth it. Pretty low dues, 2068 expiration, low point charts, a resort where home resort priority matters (well only really in December the rest of the year it has decent availability) and some great resale prices right now. Super happy to own here it’s such a beautiful resort- good luck with your decision! 😊

CCV at seven months out for early December will be very difficult to get. First week of December is actually the highest DVC demand week of the year at WDW (Christmas week comes in only as second) and it can be difficult to get any studios anywhere at 7-months out -- even SSR has sometimes had the problem during that time.

Moreover, be aware that for that time of year, the CCV studios also have an 11-month issue, in that they can book full right at 8 a.m. at 11-months out, meaning to get studios even at 11-months out can require some significant walking, or doing a lot of stalking and a waitlist, and even with all that effort, you may fail to get the desired reservation.

In other words, if your plan is to purchase CCV to get a studio usually in early December, you may want to reconsider whether you should make that purchase.

Last edited:

Not sure about December, but I suspect it's more difficult than November. And November was difficult when I tried to find a room for a reservation in November last year.

LAX

Very, very hard. They were gone within a day at the 11 month mark this year. Even 1 bedrooms are tough to get for more than 1 or 2 days in a row.

Studios at CCV are hard to get in general but the entire point of home resort advantage is to use it and get the rooms that are hard to get. So yes, you will need to work at 11-months to get the stay that you want, but if you don't have home resort advantage, forget about it. Some years, maybe you just stay fewer days and bank/borrow. If you are flexible, it is a solid plan for one of the best resorts over the holidays. Of course if you can afford a Cabin, it is still available right now for the entire month 8-)

I own CCV and the last 2 years have obtained a studio around 12/10-17 each year but did walk from mid November. After obtaining a week in early November , modified every 6 days. Some work but not too bad.

I had to walk my reservation (before 11 month window) to get a studio at Boulder Ridge this year, for first week of December. WL is just the place to go in December! Good luck on a CC purchase.

We travel early December with friends who own at CCV and they haven't been able to book Studios right at 11m the last few years. Either there were rooms available at 8am and they were too slow, or the rooms were already gone before 8am.

The prior 2 years they were able to piece together alternate reservations by stalking or waitlisting CCV Studios, or by jumping on a VGF2 Resort Studio right when they were made available. This year they have not had success with stalking or waitlisting and will probably need to book alternatives at 7m, almost certainly a 1BR somewhere else.

I bought a small resale contract recently. Looked a day after the 11 month point and no studios were available early December weekends. I just modified my Nov 30 reservation to Nov 23. We are a 3 hour drive away. I scrolled through and there are dates available here and there So, we get to experience the holiday decorations and use our military passes!

It’s pretty difficult. I even had to walk my 2 bedroom reservation for 12/10-12/17.

Studios were gone right at 8am, and I’m sure even then there was probably only 1 or 2 left.

I bought a small resale contract recently. Looked a day after the 11 month point and no studios were available early December weekends. I just modified my Nov 30 reservation to Nov 23. We are a 3 hour drive away. I scrolled through and there are dates available here and there So, we get to experience the holiday decorations and use our military passes!

Is this a result of all those cabin points, or do they get booked as well?

I had to walk my reservation (before 11 month window) to get a studio at Boulder Ridge this year, for first week of December. WL is just the place to go in December! Good luck on a CC purchase.

Did you by any chance take notice of what availability was like that same week for 1-bedrooms at BRV?

Is this a result of all those cabin points, or do they get booked as well?
The Cabins almost always make it to 7m and are a huge portion of points, but CCV's early December Studio problems aren't entirely the fault of the Cabins. The Cabins are probably best characterized as a big contributor to a perfect storm.

Factors, from my point of view:
  • CCV is a newer resort and newer buyers seem to skew more towards Studio users
    • This is probably worth its own thread as to why
  • Early December is very popular for DVC
    • Great time to travel in terms of weather, theming, overall crowds, plus low/moderate points
  • Christmas season at WL is very popular, CCV is part of WL
  • December 2024 had inventory unavailable at 11m due to being set aside for refurb
  • And as you highlighted/asked, the points distribution:
Resort % of points for Studios, no lock-off splitting% of points for 1BR, no lock-off splitting% of points for 2BR, no lock-off splitting% of points for GV / Bungalow / Treehouse / Cabin, no lock-off splitting % of points for Studios, full lock-off splitting% of points for 1BR, full lock-off splitting% of points for 2BR, full lock-off splitting% of points for GV / Bungalow / Treehouse / Cabin, full lock-off splitting
AKV3.6%0%86%10.4%22.7%37.8%29.8%9.7%
BCV7.6%8.5%83.9%21.7%37.7%40.6%
BLT0%0%89.4%10.6%17.7%34.2%38.3%9.9%
BRV6.5%17.7%75.8%19.8%44.7%35.4%
BWV12.3%33.4%49.1%5.1%28.8%66.4%0%4.8%
CCV8.0%7.8%46.3%38%14.4%21.2%27.4%37%
CCV (no Cabins)11.9%11.5%68.7%7.9%21.2%31.1%40.2%7.6%
OKW0%0%92.2%7.8%14.2%29.8%48.5%7.6%
PVB73.4%26.6%73.4%26.6%
RVA6.8%7.7%78.9%8.6%23.1%42.7%28.1%8.1%
SSR0%0%84.4%15.6%16.1%33.2%36%14.7%
VGF (now)41.4%0%51.3%7.4%49.3%18.3%25.1%7.2%
VGF (pre-BPK)0%0%87.5%12.5%14.7%30.9%42.3%12.1%

Looking at this, especially the full lock-off splitting side, the Cabins are definitely playing a huge role as Studios are just 14.4% of all points sold. This is similar to OKW (the oldest resort with a very modest points chart) and VGF1 (which has been 'fixed' with VGF2).

CCV sans Cabins is a fairly typical distribution, maybe a little light on Studios for 'modern' sales, but right in line with other DVC resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter