How hard is it to change a reservation?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by samacita, Feb 4, 2013.

  1. samacita

    samacita Mouseketeer

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2013
    Messages:
    356
    We mostly have our dates set for a Nov. trip, but some of it will depend on flights. We are hoping to find a flight Wed night after work/school, but if the timing doesn't work out, we will have to catch a Thurs morning flight instead. Flights won't be available for booking for quite some time, but I'm wanting to lock in our lodging plans as soon as we can. If I book Wed night into our resort package, but then can't get in until Thurs, how hard is it to make that change to our reservation? I don't want to have to pay for a night that we don't use!
     
  2. Avatar

    DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

    to hide this advert.
  3. Scout54

    Scout54 Mouseketeer

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2010
    Messages:
    146
    We just decided to add a day to our Ressie, & it was no trouble at all. As long as you figure it out before the date your balance is due, you should be fine!

    Hope that helps!
     
  4. Missytara

    Missytara I'm all ears!

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2009
    Messages:
    14,299
    You can make changes to an existing reservation up to 14 days before check-in without paying a charge - after that, it is $15.00.
     
  5. purple figment

    purple figment DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2009
    Messages:
    8,516
    The OP has a package so different rules apply.


    There is no penalty for making changes to the package up to 45 days before date of arrival. However, within 45 days of arrival any changes that result in a lower total cost to the package means a $50 change fee would be charged. Also, if changes are made within 10 or 14 days of arrival, an additional $15 would be charged.
     
  6. samacita

    samacita Mouseketeer

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2013
    Messages:
    356
    The OP doesn't have anything reserved yet. ;) Just trying to figure out the best strategy. But yes, mostly leaning toward package.

    Flights will definitely be available by then, so it sounds like we'd be safe with booking now and making the change if necessary. Thanks for your input, everyone!
     

Share This Page