How hard is it to change a reservation?

samacita

Mouseketeer
We mostly have our dates set for a Nov. trip, but some of it will depend on flights. We are hoping to find a flight Wed night after work/school, but if the timing doesn't work out, we will have to catch a Thurs morning flight instead. Flights won't be available for booking for quite some time, but I'm wanting to lock in our lodging plans as soon as we can. If I book Wed night into our resort package, but then can't get in until Thurs, how hard is it to make that change to our reservation? I don't want to have to pay for a night that we don't use!

We just decided to add a day to our Ressie, & it was no trouble at all. As long as you figure it out before the date your balance is due, you should be fine!

Hope that helps!

You can make changes to an existing reservation up to 14 days before check-in without paying a charge - after that, it is $15.00.

You can make changes to an existing reservation up to 14 days before check-in without paying a charge - after that, it is $15.00.

The OP has a package so different rules apply.

If I book Wed night into our resort package, but then can't get in until Thurs, how hard is it to make that change to our reservation? I don't want to have to pay for a night that we don't use!

There is no penalty for making changes to the package up to 45 days before date of arrival. However, within 45 days of arrival any changes that result in a lower total cost to the package means a $50 change fee would be charged. Also, if changes are made within 10 or 14 days of arrival, an additional $15 would be charged.

purple figment said:
The OP has a package so different rules apply.

The OP doesn't have anything reserved yet. ;) Just trying to figure out the best strategy. But yes, mostly leaning toward package.

purple figment said:
There is no penalty for making changes to the package up to 45 days before date of arrival.

Flights will definitely be available by then, so it sounds like we'd be safe with booking now and making the change if necessary. Thanks for your input, everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter